Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Architect

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:21 pm
I got my industrial done in Aug. as a birthday present to myself,
and its taking forever to heal, it doesn't hurt like the day I got it, but its still sore.

I figure this is normal as my piercer said it would probably be sore for months.

However, I have those gross little keloid bump things and both sides of the piercing, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of them.

I use hydrocortizone for when my bridge gets them, and it goes away pretty fast, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick in this case.

Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:29 pm
It's likely that those bumps are hypertrophic scars - usually caused by excessive movement in cartilage piercings.

Just keep cleaning it, and try not to lay on the piercing or put any pressure on it, and eventually these bumps should basically swell down.

If they are indeed hypertrophic scarring, you could technically pop them, but I wouldn't advise that.

Cross Eyed Mary

Lady Architect

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:24 pm
~More Than Cherries~
It's likely that those bumps are hypertrophic scars - usually caused by excessive movement in cartilage piercings.

Just keep cleaning it, and try not to lay on the piercing or put any pressure on it, and eventually these bumps should basically swell down.

If they are indeed hypertrophic scarring, you could technically pop them, but I wouldn't advise that.

Haha, I'd really rather not pop them. xD

Okey Dokey.
I'll try to stop sleeping on that side and see what happens.
Thank you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:03 pm
try tea tree oil. its a natural cleaner and healer.  

Veya Starr Davis

Blessed Harvester

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Nekojin_cat

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:06 am
I've had a hypertrophic scar form on my helix corkscrew, and what my piercer told me to do, was apply crushed-up aspirin to it (about three tablets mashed with a teeny bit of water to a thick paste) twice a day before normal cleaning. It effectively burns the scarring off. You then follow that with a vitamin E-rich moisturising cream. With mine, it took less than a week to clear up, although I've been continuing to moisturise my ear to prevent it coming back.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 am
I had the same thing on my ear as well.
It eventually healed because I was too scared to touch it, thinking that I might have to remove it.

But now I got a second piercing there and everything is starting again. So thanks for posting this up. All the people who helped you were a great help to me too!  

Lance Castle
Crew

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces