Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Favorite bible quotes. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm
All four are clickable and I reccomend all of them. Seriously worth a read.

I'm laughing too.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:18 am
Wow, those make me cry. The first two I'd seen, but the last two... wow. One of my favorites is 'thou shalt not suffer a witch to live,' because I'm a witch. Don't worry, I'm still an atheist, I just practice witchcraft as a way of meditation, for it's psychological benefits.  

Koravin

Aaron Lee Morrison

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:07 pm
Avoir Le Retour...
I lol'd at the virgin thing. Thanks for posting them. Hilarious.
...Les Adieux

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:13 pm
Shedra Helix

I'm laughing too.

One of the better parts of not having a religion is that you don't have to face criticism for things like this. but, we don't get the virgins, though...
lol.  

OH NO ITS DEVO

Lunar Falcon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm
cobe44

One of the better parts of not having a religion is that you don't have to face criticism for things like this. but, we don't get the virgins, though...
lol.

I have to deal with consequences from Richard Dawkins though. The man is a brilliant scientist no doubt, but try explaining to people with faith that, no, I'm not saying evolution proves that God doesn't exist. Evolution doesn't have anything to do with religion at all or the origins of life, just how it got to be what it is today. Sometimes it's the only way to explain things to people, that what if their God created life and let it evolve or guided it themselves? I'd rather have people look at it from a different perspective rather than think I'm like Dawkins and trying to tell them their faith is stupid and that a major defining point in their life is a fairy tale.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:15 pm
I've had mine in my signature for the longest time.

"My dear friends, you must be quick to listen, and slow to speak, or to get angry"
- Out of the book of James.

It's proof that, as much as mythology and manhandled lessons comprise it, there are still a few passages of timeless wisdom in the Christian Bible.  

Tenth Speed Writer

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:15 pm
cobe44
Shedra Helix

I'm laughing too.

lol.

Although a lot of people blame atheists for Stalin... confused

But hey, if that's the only evil dictator we have to deal with, I'd say they really can't be talking.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:42 pm
yes, Stalin does complicate things. not that it's actually the fault of any of US that he was in power at any time... in fact, I personally don't see how it's the atheists' fault for a revolution that occurred in Russia such a long time ago.

I, personally, have not read Richard Dawkins' book. I should do that soon... but i do see how that would complicate arguments. Some people do like to make it hard to debate them, especially when the topic is religion and they're trying to defend their beliefs. others, while not trying, may do it anyway. however, there are some with open minds, and it is them that i most enjoy debating with. I personally believe in negotiating with others, and trying to understand them, not just simply attacking their beliefs as Richard Dawkins does. while I hold most of the things he says to be true, i think that he says them in a most unflattering manner, and with little respect to those with religion that he is addressing.
He doesn't make a bad name for atheists, but since we're not all alike, and only share some beliefs all in common, we don't all act alike, as proven by Professor Dawkins. (he is a professor, isn't he?)  

OH NO ITS DEVO

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:43 pm
I like #3, I should post the motto in my signature and just wait for the hatemail to flow.

#4 made me laugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:02 pm
Haha, that's funny.

The Bible Literally! is a pretty cool web comic. The guy takes quotes from the Bible, and draws a one-shot comic for each. Below each comic is an analysis of the quote itself.  

CaprinaePsi

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:53 am
Humans living in peace and harmony? NOT ON MY WATCH.

Priceless.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:55 pm
Makes me laugh. rofl  

55may55

Dark Pieman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:01 pm
This is the best one in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:07 pm
CaprinaePsi
Haha, that's funny.

The Bible Literally! is a pretty cool web comic. The guy takes quotes from the Bible, and draws a one-shot comic for each. Below each comic is an analysis of the quote itself.
Thanks for linking.  

Healer Guy

Ninyaruto

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:32 pm
Lethkhar
Although a lot of people blame atheists for Stalin... confused

But hey, if that's the only evil dictator we have to deal with, I'd say they really can't be talking.

I've actually heard a good case for Stalin not even being atheist. It's kind of complicated, but here's the link: http://www.godlessbastard.com/Atheism101.html

Some interesting stuff.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces