Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Burning a historic church "In the Name of Art"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:25 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071030/ap_on_re_us/cathedral_arson_arrest

This was all over Fox news a little while ago.
The conservative media is having a field day with it. They've got him dressed up in his best suit to model their straw men, and you can bet that they're not going to let this one go.

Maybe it's not that bad, though. Maybe we should give the conservatives as a whole a little leeway; the media's taken a certain leftist slant in the past few years, and already done this exact same to thing to the far right more times than I can count.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 am
Do you mind elaborating a bit on why the conservatives were brought into this equation, and what the conservatives have to say?

Sanguvixen

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:40 pm
They're using it the same way the left-wing media uses the Westboro Church and Pro-Life riots: To build straw man arguments that they can utilize even on the air, and to paint a generally loathsome image of the liberal movement.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 am
Tenth Speed Writer
Maybe it's not that bad, though. Maybe we should give the conservatives as a whole a little leeway; the media's taken a certain leftist slant in the past few years, and already done this exact same to thing to the far right more times than I can count.

The media has a leftist slant? Not necessarily. Check out this article on the media:

http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/65870/

It's certainly an eye-opener.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:20 am
I disagree. I see neutrality on most channels when it comes to hot button issues, but just the same, when there is a bias, it's usually in the favor of liberal politics. I'm not saying I'm for the far right, I just think it's a bad idea to knock their opinion down so quickly.  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games