Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Love like porcelain.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This one's for my Alex. <3
  Aww.
View Results

LiTTLExMiSSxSUiCiDE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:09 pm
Hi again. This is my newest short.
I got a name change, by the way. I was Not-So-Happy Ending. heart

Love, like a porcelain ball, can shatter at any moment. It will roll any way it wants to over your heart, controlling your thoughts and actions.

Who knew that three words, those three words, could hurt so much. My porcelain ball was rolling rapidly, and now I am sure that it is patterned with intricate black swirls that represent my thoughts.

"I love you."
It sends my heart into a flutter and I am reduced to a stuttering mess. That damned ball starts rolling again and my breath catches in my throat.

"I love you."

I am afraid. I am afraid that one day his ball will shatter.
And if it does, I will fall and shatter with it.

I hope it never happens.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:56 pm
It feels incomplete, and not the good incomplete.
Um, perhaps this would be better suited tagged onto another story, or possibly as a stand alone in poetry?  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:20 pm
Z is right.

I suggest putting it all in third person; that way it's impartial, there's no story behind it, and it can be considered a piece of advice. When you add I, it makes it too personal, and you have to add more, or change to a more obscure, poetry-esque form.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:50 pm
    I agree with both above - although I think this would make a very nice poem, if your could do it right. You have to be careful - Love is a huge concept.
    Also, please make porcelain a metaphor for love? Making it a simile weakens the whole comparison.

<3RUFU

The Splendiferous Rufu

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces