Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Animal Within Us

Back to Guilds

If you were an animal what would you be? An interesting roleplaying guild that puts together humans and animals, literally. 

Tags: Animal, Roleplaying, Roleplay, Digimon 

Reply Old Threads
Rayne's Room Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Yea, somehow Rayne managed to get herself perhaps the largest bedroom in the house. The first door on the right, it has huge bay windows and a bed that she sometimes think could eat her up in its large blankets and pillows. Often, clothes are strew all around, except in front of the fire place. She almost always has a large fire going and the blinds open to let in light. Sometimes, if its warm enough, she even opens a window (though not in the winter). She also has a desk (its by the bed, out of sight), where she has a stereo and some books. The wardrobe is also out of sight. Through the door in the corner is a nice bathroom with a tiled floor and a pretty big bathtub. Rayne's room is always comfortably warm, for her tastes, which means its a bit hot for others. Also Rayne usually acts annoyed when others come to her room, but in reality, it doesn't really bother her too much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:57 pm
Rayne looks around her room in awe. Never in her life had she been in something quite so high classed. Rayne throws her bag onto the bed, then walks over and opens all the curtains, smiling briefly as she looks out over the lawn. After a moment, she turns away and waves her hand at the fire place. Flames leap up from the wood, crackling warmly. Rayne watched for a moment, to be sure they wouldn't misbehave and try to escape from the hearth, then turns to her bag and begins to unpack, putting everything away in the dark brown colored wardrobe in the corner. She had two sets of clothes for school, weekends, and sleeping, then two sets of clothes for winter and summer. She might need more later, but it was good enough for now.
When she finishes packing, Rayne sighs, then falls back onto her bed and stares up at the cieling, letting her mind drift. It was so comfortable, though, that she eventually fell asleep.

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:14 pm
Rayne shivers, then stirs and rolls over, yawning as she starts to wake up. Stretching lazily, Rayne then grimaces and opens her eyes as she shivers again. Why was it so damn cold in here? Sitting up, she swings her head around and glares at the now empty fire place. The fire instantly springs back into life, and Rayne nods. "Better." She comments, then slides out of bed. Rayne pulls on a pair of black jeans, and an olive green shirt then pulls on a black hoodie over it. Her and the cold really mixed horribly. Oh how she couldn't wait till spring arrived. Unfortunately, winter hadn't even begun. Signing, Rayne slips on shoes, then leaves her room to go downstairs and locate the kitchen. ((Skipping stairs and going right to kitchen.))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:40 pm
After exploring around most of the rooms in the orphanage, Rayne returns to her bedroom. Yawning, she shuts the door, snapping her fingers to get another fire going, then gets changed into her pjs before climbing into bed. It wasn't too late in the day she supposed, but jet lag still made her feel like it was, so she fell asleep pretty fast.  

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:00 pm
Rayne wakes up the next day and rolls over, taking her usual five minutes of just laying there. This time, the fire had survived the night, so her room was nice and toasty. Rayne smiles, then finally stretches and rolls out of bed. Rayne hesitates a moment, then gets changed into her black and red swimsuit, then grabs a towel and throws on some floppy shirt, shorts and sandals to wear on the walk to the pool. Like most of her clothes, the shirt and shorts were black. Braiding back her hair, Rayne puts out the fire place, then leaves her room to go find the pool. ((To the pool))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:44 pm
Rayne walks... or maybe storms was the better word, into her room, slamming the door behind her. The fire place leaps into life as she walks past, brushing the top of the stone hearth with blue flames. Heatwaves were rolling off of her skin again. Noticing this, Rayne mutters a string of curses, then clenches her fist and pauses, forcing herself to take a few deep breaths and calm down. She wanted to live here. She didn't want people to start fearing her powers, or spreading rumors about her. What Ted had thought was nothing, stupid, but it was the way he'd acted because of it... and her own blasted temper, that was the problem. Why was she flying off the handle so easily today? She wanted to fit in, not make enemies... well, except for with the cook. Rayne sighs, shaking her head, then walks over to the fire place and takes a seat on the hearth. She needed to have more self control, that was all, and hope that this place and the people would be as accepting as she hoped. Rayne holds her hand out over the fire, letting the flames roll over her skin and warm it up as she stares down at it. Watching fire always helped calm her down, and the feel of it on her skin was pleasant. Rayne sighs and shuts her eyes, focusing on taking deep breaths again.  

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Flint Jakobs
Vice Captain

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Chief Technical Officer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:52 pm
Zaku had been walking to his room, but heard Rayne swearing and knocked on her door instead. "Are you okay, Rayne? Is it okay if I come in?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:58 pm
Rayne had been skeptical of meditation and scoffed at it when Zaku mentioned it earlier, but when she was focusing on staying calm like she was right then and sitting so close to a fire, well she was as oblivious as anybody in a deep meditation would be. All she felt was the fire rolling over her hand and warming her. She neither heard nor replied to Zaku's question and knock at the unlocked door.  

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Flint Jakobs
Vice Captain

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:04 pm
Zaku quietly opened the door and was greeted by hot air. He cooled the air around him, though he didn't cool the air in the room because he could feel her focus. He slowly walked over to her so that the sudden coolness of the air he had gathered around him wouldn't startle her. He sent a small burst of cool air at her shoulder to get her attention. "Rayne! Rayne, are you okay?"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:11 pm
Rayne blinks in surprise as she felt cold air brush past her. Instantly, the fire shrunk and the air around her cooled as her concentration was broken and the last of her emotions fell back under control. Rayne shakes her head to clear it, then looks over her shoulder at Zaku in surprise. "Oh er... yea. Just peachy." She replies without much sincerity and a dismissive shrug, then notices the open door and looks back up at him again. "Didn't anybody ever tell you its polite to knock?" She asks in a somewhat hostile tone.  

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Flint Jakobs
Vice Captain

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:15 pm
"I did knock." Zaku said quietly. "And I may not be bright, but I can tell when people are lying about their emotions and stuff. Ted didn't mean to insult you or anything, it was a misunderstanding. Right after you left he said 'Oh, well that would explain it', he just didn't know you had the ability to do that, okay? Besides, there's no reason to be insulted when people react like that. We all have different powers, so even though we're the same, we're still different." He nodded, smiling.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:25 pm
"Oh." Rayne replies, her cheeks turning red as she realizes she must not have heard him when he was at the door, and therefore how stupid she'd just sounded.
Then, hearing what he had to say, Rayne sighs and nods, reaching up and running a hand through her hair. Her anger by now had all but faded, disappearing as quickly as it had come. "Yea, I... I mean it only really made me so annoyed because he reacted just like normal people would have when finding out I'm a pyro. It just got me mad because I guess I never thought I'd see somebody act that way towards me again, not while here." She explains, looking down at the ground, then shrugs. "And I guess another part of the whole pyro thing is that my temper can easily get out of control... I pretty much overreact to everything." She adds.

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Flint Jakobs
Vice Captain

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:33 pm
Zaku looked at her oddly, then shrugged. "But we're all bound to react to one another the way that a person without our powers would. Even though we all have powers, we don't understand the powers that others have. When I first saw Ted, I thought he was a talking turtle. At least you knew what he had changed into. I didn't understand him the same way he didn't understand you, the same way you probably don't understand me. To me, what you find weird is natural, but what's natural to you isn't natural to me. That's all. And it's alright if you overreact, at least you get control eventually. My first instinct when someone says something that insults me is to just keep moving along. It's one of the things I've picked up with the wind. Why hold on when I can just let go, really?" He turned back to her door. "Anyway, I'm going swimming, you're more than welcome to join me if you want." With that, he left her room, not wanting to bother her any more than he already had.

((To Zaku's room))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:45 pm
Rayne frowns slightly, considering this. Part of what he said made sense, his first comment that they would react like normal people to each other especially sinking in, as this had just occurred to her really... but her nature rebelled against his idea of just going with the flow. "But... if you just let people say whatever they want about you... I mean, it seems cowardly. Letting people just walk all over you..." She drifted off and shook her head. He could believe that if he wanted to, but she didn't think she could. She couldn't just lay down and let people say what they wished about her.
As he stands up and mentions going for a swim, Rayne nods. "Alright, see ya I guess and.... thanks." She adds before he was gone. Rayne watches him leave, then sighs and stands up. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do, but she was pretty certain she didn't want to go for a swim. She'd already had her fill of the pool today. Rayne turns back to the fire, letting it go out, then leaves her room. ((To the hangout))

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:19 pm
Rayne returns to her room after a while and smiles as the fire starts up again as she shuts the door behind her, instantly warming up the room again. She liked to keep her room nice and toasty, especially knowing how cold it was outside. She was starting to get antsy, though... she liked the outdoors, a lot in fact... but she couldn't stand the cold. She started wearing winter coats by the time fall rolled around... and the few times she'd ended up in northern orphanages, she'd caught something on fire on purpose, just to get out of there. Rayne smirks slightly at the memory, then walks over to the window, looking out over the property. She could see a lake nearby. It looked beautiful. Rayne sighs, plopping down in one of the chairs and picks up her sketch book. She really wasn't very good at art. She wasn't horrible, but she was no Da Vinci. Still, she enjoyed it. Rayne looks out the window again, then starts drawing.  
Old Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff