Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
School Screw-ups >.< Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Person count
  +1
View Results

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 am
Hokay, so I just found out that because the school screwed up, they've lost my student fees. Actually someone else is getting credit for my student fees because some idiot teacher gave me someone else's form when I registered. So now, I'm the one who's on the fence because I have to find someone else's form so I can get credit for my own payment. My mother screamed my ear off for someone else's mistake and won't let me bring in a bank statement saying that whoever this chick is we're paying for is the one who needs her student fees.

So, to make this ranting fit into a discussion thread, I want to know:

Has this ever happened to you?
Have you ever had something like it happen? Whether it be from school or something else?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:49 am
    °•●☆

Nothing like that has happened to me...but my poor boyfriend. D:

He's currently in a math class that he signed up for, but he's not registered in because the school messed up. Dx So he had to fill out a proposal, present it to some people, the approve it, they sign an approval, he has to go to the math department, they reject him because he's trying to register super late, he has to show the approval, and a whole mess continues....;o;

He also had a problem with the financial aid office confusing his need for a loan for LAST semester instead of this semester...but that's an even more screwed up story. gonk

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:20 am
jeez, how lame is that.

I haven't had that kind of problem.. that i can remember anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:35 am
    My college cocked up with my timetable. I have to be in college from 9-4. It takes about an hour to get there and back, so I'm out for 8am-5pm. Anyway, some days I have 1/2 hours of lessons. And then on others I have 5/6 hours of lessons. It's silly. At least spread out my week more!

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:52 am
wow that really sucks.
I hope it gets all sorted out  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:16 am
I don't think my school did anything like that to me...

Okay...that's a lie. I remember having a 75 dollar fine on my school id for a book someone else destroyed for some reason it got put into my student ID number.

Other than that...the only screw up the schools did recently is mark me absent when I was there and vice versa when I was not. =/  

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:19 pm
Never had my university mess up with me, but my high school. . . ho ho. . .

They almost didn`t let me walk at graduation because the librarian lost a book that I read three years beforehand. I didn`t even check it out. I sat in the library and flipped through it idly.

Needless to say, I got quite er. . . belligerent might be a good word for it.
I pretty much sounded like a herd of elephants stomping to the shelf, snatching and throwing the book in question at the librarian.

I got a detention, but I didn`t serve it. It was on the last day of school that I had to be there.
Then, they put me in In School Suspension for not going to my detention for four days. Again, I didn`t go.
My band director framed the ISS notice. . . The loon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:27 am
Well, We got it all sorted out today. I found the piece of paper that I had to find last night and we basically found out that because the idiot at the desk for registration gave me the wrong sheet, the person who's sheet I did get ended up getting the original copy of her sheet, and for some reason they didn't have mine and blah, blah, blah.
Anyways, it's all sorted out now, I got my student ID and all that jazz so I'm happy now. And I get to go home from school early today which makes me more happy n_n  

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:29 am
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Here you need to do 40 community service hours in order to graduate High School, I had gotten 24 hours at one point and I handed in the form with them on it and it never showed up on my transcript, luckily I got more than I needed from my work on the last Federal Election. >_>

I've also had a few teachers lose work I've handed in. Yeah, I'll admit I'm a slacker but these were times I had honestly handed them in and gotten in trouble for not being done. Pft.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:25 am
I always get in trouble for "missing work" that I have already passed in rolleyes  

XAmberrXO

Astarte Dindel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:56 am
I moved to where I'mn living now from Virginia, and there I had taken advanced english class- and my teacher didn't recomend me for freshmen advanced english in high school so they put me in the regular class. I spent two marking periods learning the difference between verbs and nouns! I was so pissed and then they almost wouldn't let me switch to the honors class cause they cuoldn't get a hold of my teacher.

They ended up talking to someone though and I was moved the next day... But I mean seriously verbs and nouns- in 9th grade?!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:50 pm
Wow..I was doing nouns and verbs in like, grade 4, at least o.o

The one thing that bugs me about my current english teacher, is that whenever we're reading a book using a CD or watching a movie, she either turns it off and starts blabbering on about something she was already talking about before we read it, or she skips through the 'not so important parts' It seriously bugs the crap out of me because like, we're in high school, when there's a movie on or it we just have to follow along with reading in our books, we just wanna sit there and do it. Not skip through anything, not listen to the same sentence over and over again.  

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

x_Silver_Starlight_x

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:22 am
I had passed in my form for school pictures, with the money inside. So 3 weeks later my brother got his pics, yet I didn't....and he had actually got them two weeks before. So I tell my teacher the next day in the middle of class. So he looks through his desk, finds someone else's form...after pulling out half the classes forms, he finds mine! That's like...15 people who didn't get there pictures. He was 'sposed to give them to the office...but he had forgot. The secretary was pissed that she had to file out another bunch of orders for pictures...but I got to miss 10 minutes of class bringing them down to the office whee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:22 pm
Well this is nothing serious but in the yearbook of 8th grade they spelt my name wrong Dx  

-Creative Physco-

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:26 pm
PartehMonkey123
Well this is nothing serious but in the yearbook of 8th grade they spelt my name wrong Dx

xD
That reminds me of how they've been spelling my boyfriend's name wrong at my school for the last two school years.
His name is Christopher, Chris for short, And on every piece of information they give to him that has his name on it, it says Christophe
It makes me giggle.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces