Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Children and Politics? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teenagers...
  are hardly able to think on their own.
  do have a mind of their own, but most don't show it well.
  don't want to agree with their parents on anything, so they don't, hence their "political stances."
  shouldn't be concerned about politics.
View Results

`Monox!de

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Note that by children, I mean teenagers.

Most teens have absolutely no idea of what they're talking about when it comes to politicians and current events. They merely say what their parents are saying, and they're closed-minded themselves and wouldn't know, either. I can honestly say that I'm one of them, but not all the time. I DO watch the news without my mom sitting next to me, and it's not because I have nothing to do, but because I'm interested...and I have no social life. xD; And I'm not just my mother's political stances transfered into a teen's body, because my mom and I get into heated debates about a variety of topics--gay rights, rights in general, freedom of speech, abortion, etc. While Mom is a staunch Republican, I'm thinking I'm more of an Independent, as I have a few Democratic views. A small few, but a few nonetheless.

But I just wanted to type this up and see if I'm not the only one. C:

Teenagers: budding politicians or just a passing phase?
          What I mean is, do you think the fact that teens and children mirror their parent's political views is good or bad?

Urh. I don't know how to explain it...Heh heh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:25 pm
I am a teenager, and I'm considered an outcast because I watch news every morning, night, and in my spare time! I personally had to choose, my dad's hardcore republican, and my mom's not-so-hardcore liberal, but she follows my stepdad, I'm republican, of COURSE!  

The Hallowed Mouse

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:02 pm
I'm a teenager. All my thoughts and stances I've thought up on my own. I am a Republican because I personally have a problem with Democrats and their agendas. I've been involved with politics for over a year now so if it was a "passing phrase" I would have gotten over it right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:01 am
Garrett31212
I'm a teenager. All my thoughts and stances I've thought up on my own. I am a Republican because I personally have a problem with Democrats and their agendas. I've been involved with politics for over a year now so if it was a "passing phrase" I would have gotten over it right now.

Same here!  

Mousers09

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:24 am
So I guess a good response to your question is that the only teenagers that mimic their parents views are the ones that care more about their skateboards and Xbox 360 gamescores than the well being of their nation. The only ones that mimic their parents views are the "follow-the-crowd" type of people.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm
I'm a teen and I agree with my dad on nearly every political issue that comes up, but I think it's because we're a LOT alike in general. Same sense of humor, same talents(debate/music/art), same manner of speach etc... it's sorta creepy, really. O_o  

[Ish-Kabibble]

Mousers09

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:16 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]
I'm a teen and I agree with my dad on nearly every political issue that comes up, but I think it's because we're a LOT alike in general. Same sense of humor, same talents(debate/music/art), same manner of speach etc... it's sorta creepy, really. O_o

I oppose alot of my mom's and dad's ideas, because I have really big ideals on different issues... and they're both nearly the same, well they don't think they are, but they are...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:51 am
I been Analysing Politics For 3 yrs now. Politicians should really target teenagers because they are a big part of society. The teenagers of today should really get into politics because this is the future of our society and the politician of today should really try to target teenagers and politics. Because when it all comes down in life Politics is what you should be lisening too and have too know what is going on in politics. Because it might effect you.  

President Kalamungi

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:15 pm
President Kalamungi
I been Analysing Politics For 3 yrs now. Politicians should really target teenagers because they are a big part of society. The teenagers of today should really get into politics because this is the future of our society and the politician of today should really try to target teenagers and politics. Because when it all comes down in life Politics is what you should be lisening too and have too know what is going on in politics. Because it might effect you.
Sadly, many teens don't realize that who they vote for now will deal with their life in the future. A lot of my classmates just say, "Oh. It's just an election, there'll be another one in four years." Quite frankly, it saddens me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:46 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]
President Kalamungi
Sadly, many teens don't realize that who they vote for now will deal with their life in the future. A lot of my classmates just say, "Oh. It's just an election, there'll be another one in four years." Quite frankly, it saddens me.

A lot of ours know how to defend what they stand for, well most of them, and then when it comes down to asking about politics they don't care, and they do the same, it saddens me as well, in four years we could have twice the taxes and four times the laws...  

Mousers09

Tessa23031

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 am
I'm 13 and looooooooooove politics! I disagreed with my mom on the best republican to vote for till Romney dropped out. Now if only Ron Paul could win.... My friend said he could win if he could convince people he wasn't crazy......
Anyhow, I know most of the kids in my class are anti politics, but a few people I am in the same room with now are staunch Republicans. For example, the kid across from me is not only a super genius (No joke), but a major Romney and Bush supporter. The person next to him is a former Guilani (Sorry for the misspelling!) supporter, and the other 2 are not sure, although they seem to be Republican...
In my english and history class, there is one African american who is very much a Democrat (Really supports Obama...)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:35 am
I actually think it's sort of our right to get involved right now with politics. Becuase here in the future, all of the descisions being made right now will affect us. Why should they without us at least getting to express our opinions?  

Garrett31212

Chrono Trigger - Robo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm
well i am partly republican and democractic
there is only one thing i desigree with my parents about
and thats that they think that we should have the death penalty i say no why KILL SOMEBODY? you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER kill somebody its wrong and inhumane (except if your in war thats a diferent story)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:17 am
I disagree here. We should have the death penalty. Some criminals do not deserve to live.  

Garrett31212

WayneRitz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:20 pm
I Belive that teenagers have brains, and can think on there own for the most part! There not perfect but they try, and do have good opinions! Some very strong, some very week depends on who your talking to.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff