Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Close to done! (guild emblem)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NovaKing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 am
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infinitepossibilities3iy4.jpg

It's nearly over. I just have to spruce it up a bit and find a way to incorporate: "A writers guild" in it (I'll probably do it at the bottom) and then I'll be all set.

A motto is on the considerations list though. I have a big book of latin next to me, so if anyone wants to chime in with a few ideas I would be more than happy to convert them into latin so that we can examine how each sound.

I was thinking of something along the lines of: "Infinity is closest when pen is at hand."

(I don't think there are any definite or indefinite articles in latin, thus the "the"s and the "a"s will have to be implied.)

Be sure to tell me what you think of the nearly completed version.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:11 am
Ack it got cut off :'( I'm to tired to fix it though.

I'll have another up tomorrow.

Just a note: those letters took me about an hour to pen out and another to get them at just the right angle. What do you think?  

NovaKing

UsakoTenshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:16 pm
Omg
Omg
Omg
Omg

LOVE! >w<

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 pm
    Wow! That looks awesome! X3 I love the pages making the heart, and the timepieces are cool.
    And, like yes. The lettering is amazing. 8D

I like your motto, too! :3 <3 It sounds good. What is it in Latin?

<3RUFU

The Splendiferous Rufu

Voxxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:12 pm
Nova-san, it's beautiful. I didn't know you were an artist.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:38 pm
Sexy.

My idea for an emblem had a lot more ninjas and lasers... but your's is good too biggrin

Hmmm... I've actually been quite the Latin freak lately, but I can't think of anything good for a motto. I'll think about it.  

BlackHawkGS

NovaKing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 pm
BlackHawkGS
Sexy.

My idea for an emblem had a lot more ninjas and lasers... but your's is good too biggrin

Hmmm... I've actually been quite the Latin freak lately, but I can't think of anything good for a motto. I'll think about it.

ZOMG I wish you had told me about that idea sooner so I could have drawn it instead.

Oh well. This one will have to do. Notably, If you know some Latin I would appreciate it if you shared your knowledge because I don't actually know any myself. All I have is an "idiots" guide book for it. Well, that and a latin dictionary I baught along side it which I suspected would come in handy when I eventually got around to reading the guide.

Did you know that there is a dead version of our guild?

[Sorry if the grammar is awful, but im really too tired to go about my post to fix it. ]

@everyone else: thanks for the praise, and I don't think you there when I drew waffles birthday pressent Voxx so it's understandable.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games