Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Who's Your Favorite President? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gelasius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:51 am
Who is your favorite president of the United States? I like Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Although a lot of people hate the policies he put into effect because people have found ways around them or stealing from them, he put policies in effect that helped people.

Yes I'm a Democrat, but there's no reason why this thread can't be in this forum.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:23 pm
Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham, and Reagan, can't decide, each was an important contributer to today's lifestyles

I should change it, only political discussions  

The Hallowed Mouse

Raidoactive Kitty

Dapper Smoker

11,275 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:05 pm
Ronald Regan, He was a great man that got a lot done.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:31 pm
People at my school badger me for this, but I like Andrew Jackson. I've read two biographies about him and I've fallen in love with his character. He was hard-working, patriotic, clever and he's on the twenty dollar bill. =D Many people hold the "Trail of Tears" thing against him, but he was really only looking out for the well-being of the Americans living near Indian territory. He never knew the winter would be so harsh that many would die. Some even thought he hated Indians, but people rarely hear how he adopted a Creek baby during the battle of Horseshoe bend. :[ Over all, he seems like a person I wish I had the chance to know.

My second favorite would have to be Teddy Roosevelt. He seems like an interesting person who helped take a step in preserving our country's wilderness.

[Ish-Kabibble]

Mousers09

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:03 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]
People at my school badger me for this, but I like Andrew Jackson. I've read two biographies about him and I've fallen in love with his character. He was hard-working, patriotic, clever and he's on the twenty dollar bill. =D Many people hold the "Trail of Tears" thing against him, but he was really only looking out for the well-being of the Americans living near Indian territory. He never knew the winter would be so harsh that many would die. Some even thought he hated Indians, but people rarely hear how he adopted a Creek baby during the battle of Horseshoe bend. :[ Over all, he seems like a person I wish I had the chance to know.

My second favorite would have to be Teddy Roosevelt. He seems like an interesting person who helped take a step in preserving our country's wilderness.

Andrew Jackson, I don't think he should have been blamed for that, it was fairly new territory, and our science back then was very little...

As for Teddy Roosevelt... yay, I completely agree, the ideal that we can help the world by ending violence in areas, and saving some nature spots... back then they thought that it'd take forever to expand that great... little did they know that our medical industries would quickly discover millions of things... but I disagree with what he did at the Panama!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:40 am
Uh, didn't the deficit triple while Reagan was in office because of his stupid tax breaks? You need money to spend it. Unless you're the head of a government, of course.  

Gelasius

Mousers09

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:23 pm
Gelasius
Uh, didn't the deficit triple while Reagan was in office because of his stupid tax breaks? You need money to spend it. Unless you're the head of a government, of course.

Well, in case you didn't look at the chart right towards the end of his presidency the reverse effect happened... and we were back to equilibrium by the early 90's...

Now, Bush on the other hand, has put us in the BIGGEST DEBT in AMERICA'S HISTORY... idiot!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm
He was following Reagan's economic policy. He's also an idiot for getting us into Iraq on false charge of WMD's which no one found. But he had to get America to forget that he couldn't find Osama bin Laden, so why not get Sadam Hussein? Just like right now as his term is leaving, he's trying a feeble last moment peace agreement in the Middle East. This was the first visit to Israel he ever made. Pathetic! Pathetic president, pathetic legacy!  

Gelasius

Mousers09

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:58 pm
Gelasius
He was following Reagan's economic policy. He's also an idiot for getting us into Iraq on false charge of WMD's which no one found. But he had to get America to forget that he couldn't find Osama bin Laden, so why not get Sadam Hussein? Just like right now as his term is leaving, he's trying a feeble last moment peace agreement in the Middle East. This was the first visit to Israel he ever made. Pathetic! Pathetic president, pathetic legacy!

Well, he gotz it all wrong, the idea also is to cut spending, which he doesn't do, and because we have a split house... all tax spendings are increasing with the Dems, and because the pres is republican all tax cuts are getting passed so... xP we're screwed for four years at least... unless we get a GOOD president not dang HRC though  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:10 pm
your in a reopubilican guild and asking who is the favored president? it can only be 2 Regan or Abe..mine is Regan, i got his callander on my wall and i huge photo of him as my desktop walpaper  

Odin210

Mousers09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:14 pm
Odin210
your in a reopubilican guild and asking who is the favored president? it can only be 2 Regan or Abe..mine is Regan, i got his callander on my wall and i huge photo of him as my desktop walpaper

Righto, but some like Roosevelt, both Teddy and FDR, my dad likes FDR, but only alleges himself republican because of our economics and abortion stance!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:51 pm
Mousers09
Odin210

Righto, but some like Roosevelt, both Teddy and FDR, my dad likes FDR, but only alleges himself republican because of our economics and abortion stance!
both my parents claim to be "moderate" but never vote for nor want to hear what a repubilican has to say  

Odin210

Mousers09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:05 am
Odin210
Mousers09
Odin210

both my parents claim to be "moderate" but never vote for nor want to hear what a repubilican has to say

UGH, that gets on my nerves, they choose a side but claim they didn't

"A heart that is closed in steel is closed with prejudice" ~Ben Franklin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 pm
I like Ronald Reagan the most. He set forth a lot of great policies that helped out this country- and he had an great sense of humor. How can we ever forget the time "I hope you are all Republicans"?  

stareyed_in_LA

Necroscape

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:04 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]

Ish, I don't want to alarm you but I think I've fallen in love with you. You political views have amazed me and this has just sealed the deal. I got onto this thread to post my favorite president, and imagine my surprise when I found someone who agreed with me. Most people wouldn't even consider Andrew Jackson but he was an incredible man and president. He believed firmly in the people and the states.

Something to munch on:
Andrew Jackson was in a duel and knew he wasn't a very good shot so he decided he'd shoot second so he wouldn't have to rush his shot. His opponent shot him in the chest. Andrew Jackson put his hand over the wound, fires, kills the man. Tough. As. Nails.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff