Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Ringtones and where to get them.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:30 pm
biggrin That's right people! HHGGG (the extra "G" is for goodness) for your cell phone! I've got five of 'em myself. 3nodding As usual for downloading ringtones, you must be able to send text messages, access the interweb, pay for them...whatevs whatevs. And so, without further ado...

Okay - first off, if you happen to live in t3h UK, check out the the International Movie Website. You will not only get the exact same ringtones as from the next link, you will also actually get a couple extra. crying Lucky bostids. gonk I want "Reasons to Be Miserable" too!
Anyways. For us poor schlubs in teh USA, you can go to the special American Disney site. xp Yecch. They allegedly link to an outside site where mobile goodies are available to download - but instead, they mislink. This is the proper URL. Now then, all these ringtones are from the movie soundtrack, so "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is the little ditty playing when the audience is being told about the Guide for the first time, and is NOT the theme song. The theme song is much harder to get a hold of.
Incidentally, since the soundtrack was done predominately electronically, the ringtones are a pretty good match for the original songs (well, "So Long..." will probably differ, but I didn't download that one). Highly recommended.
Okay, now the theme song to HHGG, "Journey of the Sorcerer", is a lot harder to track down. I Googled it every few weeks, but what few sources I could find catered only to the UK and other foreign countries.
Well! Finally I have found it: a website that recently updated to accept other international orders: like from the US! And so, because I must share the love, I give to you now: heart The Greatest Ringtone Ever. heart It's even got vibration built in - useful in those noisy bus terminals!

Anyway, here y'all goes. Share and Enjoy.

(oh, and if it says your cellphone won't take that sort of file - the Mocondi site did that with my Samsung X427M - just get one of your friends with a compatible cell phone (like a Motorola, for example) to download it and send it to you - it'll work fine, they're just polyphonic tones. Remember to pay them back!)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:19 pm
How much does 40Polyphonic charge for their tones? Can't find it anywhere! gonk  

Tawaubast

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games