Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I'm forced to go to church..what do you think? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EauJolie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:37 am
How can I get out of conformation? I told my dad I didn't want to go and he just said I don't care.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:16 pm

See, the high appreciation you have for the slightly more advanced stages of grammatic efficency seem to be proof that you're not in third grade.

In which case, you should realize that such a prank will be laughed at.  

Kiyrugoji

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:44 pm
How mature.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:57 pm
How about a more mature thing, place a gospel of the flying spaghetti monster in place of the bible on the pastor stand.  

IchiKatsu

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:25 pm
Still immature.

Pranking a church period is utterly childish. (Though the FSM gospel bit is rather amusing. Just don't make it a regular thing to do. It's extremely rude to the preacher and the other churchgoers.)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:36 pm
I don't get the wheelchair joke... but if it's supposed to be a prank, why not?

As for the flying spaghetti monster gospel.... hahahahahahah do you think they would really notice the difference?

And tenth. You Yaweh-leg-humper, you.  

AnonymouZ

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:28 pm
Oh, you loveable barbarian. <3

Oh. OP: It's spelled pastor. :/  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:51 pm
Kiyrugoji

See, the high appreciation you have for the slightly more advanced stages of grammatic efficency seem to be proof that you're not in third grade.

In which case, you should realize that such a prank will be laughed at.
That's the point!

I commend you for your prank.  

Napoleon_Danneskjold

alpha male tayo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:24 am
EauJolie, I couldn't find a thing about come out from this dilemma. Here is a cheat to help out your quest....

Consider it as an entertaiment. Just like a movie. You see it, enjoy it, laugh at it, but you never believe it, because you know its just a made up. It makes you happier. You laugh at people silliness at heart.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:39 am
umm batheist dosent mean you dont have to have accetanceor /tolerance and anyway its just church nothing bad will happen all that is being read out is just words so it dosent matter really.  

Awensis

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:44 am
I don't understand what the earlier replies are talking about. I'm assuming she edited her post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:54 pm
Her original post was how she was going to put a wheelchair behind the podium. Big WTF moment for me as well, I know.  

Kiyrugoji

Glamarama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:32 pm
I used to just go along to please my mother. But once I got older and a bit more courage I just told her that I wasnt going, and that was that. I even got out of going on xmas day this year, which I am very surprised about. I only got a little bit of moaning from her. But if you dont wanna go, what're they gonna do? Drag you kicking & screaming?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:02 am
fight for your right to non-conform!

-J  

arktehshadow

Ashalkin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:25 pm
i dont know what you should do , but i feel it is wrong to shove religion in someone's face if they do not believe it. that's why im agnostic. i pick and choose things out of religions that i believe in. try telling him that it offends you somehow, or that you wish to explore other paths.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff