Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Astral projection - OBE Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this subject already familiar to you?
Yes, I have heard of this.
97%
 97%  [ 37 ]
Never heard before.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care. I don't believe it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

Karmakooma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:42 am
OBE= Out of Body Experience

As I wrote earlier, I don't personally like to read much about anthing that has been written by human being, as it can always be false information. (Yes, I have a small lack of trust). I can't gather much more information for myself because of this, but I know what I have experienced, and seen by myself...

If you wish how to leave your body (though you do every night, you just can't memorize it), I listed here some instructions and help for it, as I think that everyone should experience this. It's 100% safe, it may sound scary, but if you success doing it, you'll probably never be scared anymore.

Starting the project:

1. The main thing in this, is that you're going to put your body to sleep, as you do every night... but to keep your mind awake. So the most important thing is: DON'T TRY THIS WHEN YOU'RE TIRED. If you do this before going to sleep, you WILL fall asleep.

2. So, best time doing this is actually morning, or early day, when you're most awake. Then of course, for change it will be difficult to set body asleep, but it is the only way. (I would say that the best time is around 9am-2pm).

3. Eliminate all that might ruin the whole thing; Shut your phone off, close windows if there's noice coming, and most of all, do this alone. You need to be free of all worries/tenses/stress...

4. So, you now have a quiet place to take a nap. The room where you are doesn't have to be dark, in fackt, for me some light only speeds up the project.

5. lay down, wherever you feel comfortable. floor, bed, sofa, it's all the same. you may lie down on your back or side, depending on the method. (See later on for methods)

6. Now, act like you were gonna go to sleep. Keep your eyes closed, try to get you heartbeats as low as possible. This may take long. In some point, you're starting to feel your body "itching" (Everyone knows this fuzzy feeling often from the cold morning when you wouldn't want to get up from the bed). This is where you can start the project!

7. You have the fuzzy itching feeling - Keep your mind awake at any cost, it would like to fell asleep very much at this point!

8. Imagine yourself splitting to two; imagine leaving your body in a spiritual form. You can imagine being a ghost or such, that you basically will be. If you success, your ears will start to "ring" (sorry my weak english... you know, your ears possible have done this earlier too when being awake. They starts to ring, it's very annoying).

9. If you hear the ringing sound, it means you're almost there...! Very important: KEEP YOUR MIND AWAKE! This will be much easier if you've done some meditation before, but you're really gonna have a BIG fight with your mind, as it wants to go to sleep.

10. The head is the most hardest part to separate. It is because of the brain action. Fight to get out of your body... You can do it, everyone can, if not in the first time, don't give up.

If you succeeded... you should see the world from the other side now.
You're a ghost... and you can see yourself sleeping, just where you went to sleep. Being able to control your mind is very important... even now that you're out of your body and fully concious, your mind wants to sleep. Be clear of what you do, where you are. don't start thinking about movies, eating, going to school/work... you'll fall asleep. Just stay with the moment.

This is worth of trying.

Methods:

If you reach the fuzzy feeling, and the ears ringing, but are having troubles with leaving your body, here will be some alternative methods:

1. My method: GHOST FORM

Lay down straight on your back,like a vampire in his coffin. when in the separation point (fuzzy feeling), imagine a "ghost formed" copy of yourself floating above you. Then, try to reach it, but not by moving your hands, but by moving your whole body. (Don't move for real. If your body isn't fully asleep, it will move, and it will not help. if your body IS sleeping, when you try to move, only your soul will move).
If you succeess, you will suddenly notice that you've changed places with the ghost form you imagined above you - you're floating midair above your sleeping self.

2. My second method, maybe a bit easier than first one:
ROLLING

Lay down on your side, and when on the fuzzy feeling point, try rolling out of your body. I could say this is easy, has worked for me many times.

3. ROBE
I tried this one once, but failed. Lay down on your back again, and when at the fuzzy feeling point, imagine a robe on yourself, hanging from the ceiling. Try to reach this robe to pull yourself out of your body.

SUNLIGHT
This is fully my own invention. I use to take naps at time, in the middle of the day if I have time and feel like it. At midsummers, When I lay down on my sofa, and the sun shines on me through the closed window and warms me up, I often get OBE. I leave my body in full conciousness, easily and without trying it, without seeing any effort.

Ask me anything you like.
This is still under construction, i will modify it clearer and search for some more info for you if you like. I believe i this, because I have experienced it myself. I apologize my english.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:21 am
I've some questions for ya! =D YOu did invite, so...

Do you move around the physical realm as though you were awake, or is it different?

Are all of your senses active, or only your most prominent psionic senses?
I was wondering because, I have a hard time with sight and sound, but I quickly pick up intuitive information, and I OVERWHELMINGLY pick up feeling. I'm wondering because I struggle to keep feelings out, and I was afraid that if I tried this, would I be bombarded by emotional energy no longer being restricted by the barrier of my body?

PM me even ^_^ if you'd rather.

I appreciate all your information!  

Viscerim

ETuesday

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:07 am

im pretty much a first timer at out-of-body experiences, but its something thats fascinated me for a while now, and this was very intresting and helpful, but because im new at this im quite untrusting, ive heard people say stuff like, if you die in your sleep your body auctually dies, so i wanted to know if there was any danger involved?

or is there any way that - and i dont mean to sound totally n00bish here- that someone else's soul/essence could enter your body while your gone? i just wonderd because ive always been slightly afraid that maybe i wouldnt be able to get back or something?

sorry if this sounds totally stupid, but its something thats made me hold back from this stuff before now, so i just wondered if the fear auctually held any truth?

also, i was curious to know if, during an OBE you could see other peoples souls if they are going through the same process? for example, if someone nearby is also trying to 'astraly project' could your souls not then theoreticaly meet?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:01 pm
It may have just been my imagination, but once when trying to sleep I suddenly noticed my arm and how it felt like I was lifting it, and at the same time I also saw and felt my arm as it was. I thought maybe I was astraling my arm. Was that my imagination or was I really astraling a part of my body? I think so because when I tried it consiously I got stuck when trying to astral my head, like you said about the head being the hardest part. So am I on the right track?  

Diana Ishtar

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:05 pm
I'm going to try it tomorrow, but I have to ask, can you REALLY astral project or is this a scam? Sorry for asking, but I seek the truth.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:53 pm
Any psychic will tell you that this works. But, what about brething? do you breathe normally or less? I tired my first sesson and it almost worked. Except, my heart kept thumping loudly. I had a fuzzy feeling, but no "itchy" feeling from it. This might be dumb, but how do you actually do it? step by step of how you did it, if you can remember.  

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 pm
I'm not the original poster but I've been studying astral projection/OBE for years and I've had a few experiences (both intentionally and accidentally). I am by no means an expert. I am well read on the subject but I have little practical experience. This disclaimer out of the way, I'll try to answer some of the unanswered questions if anyone is still here to care.

Viscerim
Do you move around the physical realm as though you were awake, or is it different?

Are all of your senses active, or only your most prominent psionic senses?
I was wondering because, I have a hard time with sight and sound, but I quickly pick up intuitive information, and I OVERWHELMINGLY pick up feeling. I'm wondering because I struggle to keep feelings out, and I was afraid that if I tried this, would I be bombarded by emotional energy no longer being restricted by the barrier of my body?

In my experiences, I've moved around what seemed to be the physical realm. It was either the physical realm or it was a very close replica. It was not like being awake though. I was completely conscious, but everything seemed somewhat brighter than it does in-body. There's a very dreamlike feeling to movements and it's like lucid dreaming in several ways. My first (remembered) accidental OBE was a "false awakening" and it involved me rolling out of my bed and falling through my floor into the room below. Once on the floor of the room below I couldn't stand. I could only crawl. It occurred to me "Holy crap, I'm out of my body." After that I got a little bored and then fell back to sleep only to wake up later in my physical body.

All of the senses that you have in your physical body are present in your out-of-body state, to some extent. I cannot remember tasting or smelling anything, but those aren't the senses I rely on most. My most relied-upon senses are sight, hearing, and touch. In the experience above, I don't recall hearing anything but my own thoughts inside my head. I could see clearly as if I was awake, everything just seemed brighter than it should have (this may have been because where I fell through landed me in front of a window during the day, but I've had other experiences that corroborate that things are very vivid and bright). I remember being able to feel myself pulling myself along but I don't remember seeing any limbs or appendages. When I say "feel", it was a kind of numb feeling. It wasn't like physical feeling. I was aware of the presence of my arms and could feel them pulling me along, but it was kind of a detached sort of feeling. To get more to your question; to my knowledge, your out-of-body experience does not depend on your strongest psychic senses. Your psychic senses will probably continue to function (or maybe get better as far as clairvoyance and things go), but you probably won't be limited by them. I can't tell you whether your empathy will go into hyperdrive or not; that's something you're going to have to find out yourself.

A note: Sometimes you can spontaneously lose your vision or be blind. This happens to me in regular dreaming a lot and it is annoying. I've read that moving away from your body can cause your sight to come back but I've never had this problem (to my knowledge) in an OBE.

ETuesday
im pretty much a first timer at out-of-body experiences, but its something thats fascinated me for a while now, and this was very intresting and helpful, but because im new at this im quite untrusting, ive heard people say stuff like, if you die in your sleep your body auctually dies, so i wanted to know if there was any danger involved?

or is there any way that - and i dont mean to sound totally n00bish here- that someone else's soul/essence could enter your body while your gone? i just wonderd because ive always been slightly afraid that maybe i wouldnt be able to get back or something?

sorry if this sounds totally stupid, but its something thats made me hold back from this stuff before now, so i just wondered if the fear auctually held any truth?

also, i was curious to know if, during an OBE you could see other peoples souls if they are going through the same process? for example, if someone nearby is also trying to 'astraly project' could your souls not then theoreticaly meet?

Have you ever died in a dream? I have. Whenever I die in a dream I either wake up or I transfer to another dream (maybe there's something profound in that). When you're out-of-body you'll spend more effort staying out of body than you will trying to get back in. You can go back to your body at any time. It's no different than waking up from a dream. However, if your body were to die from some kind of natural cause while you were asleep then all bets are off. That's not really the projection's fault though. xd

As far as body-swapping or body-snatching is concerned: It made a good Anne Rice novel but I've never heard of a single case of this happening. I'm not even sure how it would work. You should understand that when you are out-of-body there is a central, "hard copy" of your consciousness asleep in your body. (Everything from here on is the theory of Robert Bruce. I highly recommend anyone interested in astral projection look into his work.) The part of you that is projecting is a copy of that hard copy that is awake. When you finish your projection that copy assimilates with the original and the strongest memories are written to the hard copy. If the sleeping body's memories are stronger then you'll have memories of sleep. If the projection memories are stronger then you'll remember your projection. So if your hard copy of consciousness is in your body how could a copy of someone else's consciousness hijack your body? It's not something I would or have worried about.

Getting back inside your body is the easy part. Seriously, don't worry about it. All of these fears have to be overcome in order for you to be successful at this. If you're afraid then your mind won't let you do it.

I've read some experiences of people seeing other projectors. I have not experienced the personally, but it seems plausible to me.

Diana Ishtar
It may have just been my imagination, but once when trying to sleep I suddenly noticed my arm and how it felt like I was lifting it, and at the same time I also saw and felt my arm as it was. I thought maybe I was astraling my arm. Was that my imagination or was I really astraling a part of my body? I think so because when I tried it consiously I got stuck when trying to astral my head, like you said about the head being the hardest part. So am I on the right track?

This sounds to me like a partial projection. It's actually pretty common for me to feel my arms or legs floating free like I'm in water. The difficult bit is getting my torso and head to separate. It sounds to me like you're on the right track.

Fumetsu Hime
I'm going to try it tomorrow, but I have to ask, can you REALLY astral project or is this a scam? Sorry for asking, but I seek the truth.

If this were a scam then more people would probably be asking for money. There are people that sell books and tapes on the subject, but there are just as many that offer there guides for free. You really have nothing to lose from trying it and then you can find out for yourself.

Ryuu-Ninja of the Mist
Any psychic will tell you that this works. But, what about brething? do you breathe normally or less? I tired my first sesson and it almost worked. Except, my heart kept thumping loudly. I had a fuzzy feeling, but no "itchy" feeling from it. This might be dumb, but how do you actually do it? step by step of how you did it, if you can remember.

Personally, I breathe naturally, whatever that is. I'd suggest you do the same. If it helps you to focus your mind you can monitor your breathing, or try to lower it to relax yourself.

I get the heart pounding too. Learn to accept it and ignore it. You can consider it your anxiousness and apprehension manifesting because of a new experience, or you can take Robert Bruce's view and see it as the heart chakra absolutely throbbing with etheric energy, building your projectable double for your oncoming journey.

Personally, I don't get itchy but just the fuzzy feeling. Itches happen and are annoying and can be distracting. It's important to ignore them like you would during any meditation because if you break your trance to scratch the itch then you'll have to relax all over again.

I can't vouch for the original poster, but I can tell you the most successful process for me (granted, I've only ever had a conscious exit from my body maybe twice, and then I couldn't get very far, being "stuck" to my physical body).

First I do a total body relaxation. Anything you need to do to accomplish this is fine. Systematically contracting and releasing your muscles, going up your body from head to toe, is popular. Once your body is relaxed you want to calm your mind just like you would in meditation. Eventually you should feel kind of like you're falling and your body should start to feel fuzzy. You might even have a sensation of dizziness. This is when the good stuff starts. You need to make sure you stay absolutely focused on your goal, but don't accidentally engage your muscles. Usually around this point I start to feel the vibrations. That's literally what they feel like. It's kind of like waves rolling through you but they aren't affecting your physical body. When you feel the vibrations then you should begin whatever visualization or mental action you pick to get out of your body.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes all of that build-up crashes back and you're just lying there in a trance, having gone nowhere and the vibrations are gone. Sometimes you'll get partially out and can't free yourself totally. And then sometimes you'll get all the way out and you'll have to fight not to get sucked back in. I suggest reading as much as you can on the process and choose something that feels right for you. Experiment.

Hopefully this wall of text will help somebody. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:44 am
One of the first times i tried to astral
my ENTIRE body got itchy D: it was almost unbearable and i didnt know if it was normal and so i took a shower and layed down then i was half asleep i heard a female moan and woke up then went half asleep again then like a spirit that could have been me when i was laying down on my stomach i saw behind me putting its finger into my spine and i jolted awake XD
i never conciously astralled yet  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:53 am
Also ive read a bit on astral the heart-beating rapidly is actually the heart chakra rober bruce says but i think it oculd be if time were for example speeding up, or seem that way cuz you are slowign down, then your heart rate could apear faster, but i dont really know id take the advice of the dude who wrote the book, since he has been doing this over 20 yrs lol XD

oh and in dreams i would get a MASSIVE falling sensation sometimes and one or two dreams highly remind me of astral wind from what ive read. So i might have to overcome that fallign sensation too lol  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 am
I astral project out of the body most every night. I can remember everything. First of all when you leave the body with some your heart beats slower almost as if the body is in its most relaxed state while your soul and conciousness is out of the body. With some however the heart will beat faster especially to newcomers to the ability it is showing that the body is worried about you leaving it.

When you leave the body what will happen is you go to the world beyond the body. This is known as the spirit world to some or the dream world to others however if you will your soul to go back to earth then yes you could move about the real world like a spirit. It is when you are astral projecting that you can do whatever it is you will yourself to do. It takes lots of concentration if you want to make yourself visable to human eye when in this form and in fact you can invade the dreams of others when in this form and cause them nightmares and in fact pain from inside their own mind. I have tried this only once and it worked but I did not like the idea behind controlling ones dreams and harming them inside them.  

Hiro Korigashine

4,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:31 pm
I did not see this answered anywhere so bare with me if it was.

Is it possible to interact with the physical world while in your astral form?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 pm
Taigamma

Some say yes, some say no is my understanding of it. It's mostly to the effect of someone that's awake being able to see your astral form but it could go deeper than that.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:30 pm
Obscurus
Taigamma

Some say yes, some say no is my understanding of it. It's mostly to the effect of someone that's awake being able to see your astral form but it could go deeper than that.

It is my belief that there has to be more. All this power comes from the same source and the astral body is the purest of this source. Thus the astral body most likely has access to these abilities.

I also wonder of the effects and possiblity of a practitioner breaking their silver chord.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 pm
Taigamma
Obscurus
Taigamma

It is my belief that there has to be more. All this power comes from the same source and the astral body is the purest of this source. Thus the astral body most likely has access to these abilities.

I also wonder of the effects and possiblity of a practitioner breaking their silver chord.

I think that the astral body might be too divorced from the material world to interact with it very deeply. At least directly. There's always the possibility of vicarious interaction.

Some projectors don't even report seeing a silver cord. I've never seen one in my few accidental jaunts out of body but I've never really been looking.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Study (Research)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers