Reply CHATTERBOX. POST ALL YOUR NONSENSE HERE~
Any guys out there in this guild? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kazesenken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:16 pm
I haven't seen any other guys who are interested in this author's works. Is it just me? If so, WHY?!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:25 pm
Don't know about other guys in the guild... but Arina's work is mainly shojo, and shojo mainly appeals to girls.. so.. yeah sweatdrop  

Bchan

kazesenken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:46 pm
I know that shojo is targeted for girls, but there has to be some guys out there that read it too like me. I became a big fan of Arina's work after Full Moon wo Sagashite. I found the bittorent files for the series and decided to download it without knowing what it was about. Now, I'm glad I give most series a try despite the target audience it is for.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:22 pm
I semi-adopted a kid brother (I should probably stop calling him kid... he is a senior in high school now... sweatdrop ) who loves Full Moon wo Sagashite. He's actually the one who got me into it. xd So you're not the only guy, no... but possibly the only one here...  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Ichigosama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:27 pm
I am a guy. ANd it is said that shojo mainly appeals to girls. I have this to say. I have mainly read shojo and for most of the I had this to say HOW THE HELL DOES THIS APEEAL TO GIRLS?!? I find that there is a ton of guy stuff in alot of them and alot of jokes aimed more tward guys. And in one major case is with Clamps X/1999 it is so very violent and gory. I really don't think shojo is mainly aimed for girls at all. Most people say that shojo is "girls" manga. That isn't true. shojo is matters of the heart. So again I totaly dissagree.

Ok my favorit shojos
X/1999
Full Moon
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Kimi Shika Iranai
and I have been loving the stuff in Shojo Beat.
I could go on forever but I will stop there  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:23 pm
Aw, we're sorry! sweatdrop

It's just that it's hard to find guys who like Tanemura Arina and her works...

... well, sometimes I find a few but they're... n00bish... sad  

Leri
Vice Captain

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:16 pm
Ichigosama
That isn't true. shojo is matters of the heart. So again I totaly dissagree.

Yup, yup, that is completely true. Although shoujo sometimes is aimed towards girls, it isn't always necessarily. If you read the inside cover for the shoujo manga from Viz, it will give you the definition of shoujo manga.

My brother watched Full Moon wo Sagashite with me and he enjoyed it. ^^ Then again, he's only 7, but he's hard to please, so that says something. smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Ichigosama
I am a guy. ANd it is said that shojo mainly appeals to girls. I have this to say. I have mainly read shojo and for most of the I had this to say HOW THE HELL DOES THIS APEEAL TO GIRLS?!? I find that there is a ton of guy stuff in alot of them and alot of jokes aimed more tward guys. And in one major case is with Clamps X/1999 it is so very violent and gory. I really don't think shojo is mainly aimed for girls at all. Most people say that shojo is "girls" manga. That isn't true. shojo is matters of the heart. So again I totaly dissagree.

Ok my favorit shojos
X/1999
Full Moon
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Kimi Shika Iranai

Shoujo is targeted towards girls, it's not strictly for girls. So that doesn't mean that boys can't and don't like shoujo manga. Also, Ai Yori Aoshi and Chobits are actually shounen manga. wink Just because the main/focus characters are girls does not mean it is a girls comic. There are girls comics with boy protagonists, too.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

kazesenken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:55 pm
Leri

Now that I think about it, how would you describe someone as n00bish? I mean, I didn't really gain interest in Tanemura-sensei's series until I stumbled upon it almost a year ago. After FMwS, I searched everywhere for her other series and got myself an artbook as well. It's cool looking, but I really wish my Japanese was better. I can barely make out anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:40 pm
solarfacade
Ichigosama
I am a guy. ANd it is said that shojo mainly appeals to girls. I have this to say. I have mainly read shojo and for most of the I had this to say HOW THE HELL DOES THIS APEEAL TO GIRLS?!? I find that there is a ton of guy stuff in alot of them and alot of jokes aimed more tward guys. And in one major case is with Clamps X/1999 it is so very violent and gory. I really don''t think shojo is mainly aimed for girls at all. Most people say that shojo is "girls" manga. That isn''t true. shojo is matters of the heart. So again I totaly dissagree.

Ok my favorit shojos
X/1999
Full Moon
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Kimi Shika Iranai

Shoujo is targeted towards girls, it''s not strictly for girls. So that doesn''t mean that boys can''t and don''t like shoujo manga. Also, Ai Yori Aoshi and Chobits are actually shounen manga. wink Just because the main/focus characters are girls does not mean it is a girls comic. There are girls comics with boy protagonists, too.
Actualy no they are shojo.  

Ichigosama

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:12 am
Ichigosama
solarfacade
Ichigosama
I am a guy. ANd it is said that shojo mainly appeals to girls. I have this to say. I have mainly read shojo and for most of the I had this to say HOW THE HELL DOES THIS APEEAL TO GIRLS?!? I find that there is a ton of guy stuff in alot of them and alot of jokes aimed more tward guys. And in one major case is with Clamps X/1999 it is so very violent and gory. I really don''t think shojo is mainly aimed for girls at all. Most people say that shojo is "girls" manga. That isn''t true. shojo is matters of the heart. So again I totaly dissagree.

Ok my favorit shojos
X/1999
Full Moon
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
Chobits
Kimi Shika Iranai

Shoujo is targeted towards girls, it's not strictly for girls. So that doesn''t mean that boys can't and don't like shoujo manga. Also, Ai Yori Aoshi and Chobits are actually shounen manga. wink Just because the main/focus characters are girls does not mean it is a girls comic. There are girls comics with boy protagonists, too.
Actualy no they are shojo.

No, they aren't. Chobits was originally published in Young Magazine, which is a shounen magazine. Tokyopop also has a feature on Chobits which quite clearly states that it is shounen. You can read it here. Ai Yori Aoshi was originally published in Young Animal, which is also a shounen magazine.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:38 am
Sorry that I couldn't finish my previus post. I got kicked off the computer. Also I already new were they were first printed. I am not retarded. I know facts before I go argue them. Anyway Ai Yori Aoshi was published in the boys manga magazine Young Animal and Chobits in Young Magazine. But I go back to what I had to say in an earlyer post. Shojo is manga that has to do with matters of the heart. Ai Yori Aoshi and Chobits both fall under just that. They both very well were printed in Boys manga magazines but they were still both shojo.  

Ichigosama

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:07 am
Ichigosama
Sorry that I couldn't finish my previus post. I got kicked off the computer. Also I already new were they were first printed. I am not retarded. I know facts before I go argue them. Anyway Ai Yori Aoshi was published in the boys manga magazine Young Animal and Chobits in Young Magazine. But I go back to what I had to say in an earlyer post. Shojo is manga that has to do with matters of the heart. Ai Yori Aoshi and Chobits both fall under just that. They both very well were printed in Boys manga magazines but they were still both shojo.

If you go by that definition, then yes, they are shoujo.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:14 am
Thank you for agreeing with me. Yes I do go by th definitions not what magazine they are in.  

Ichigosama

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:05 am
kazesenken
Leri

Now that I think about it, how would you describe someone as n00bish?

A n00b (from what I understand) is generally someone new to a forum/manga/etc. who types LYK THISS OMGFD!!1!!1121 and says they like characters just because they are OMGKEWL!!121 or something along those lines. But a newbie is just someone who is new to a forum/manga/etc. But I don't really like to put those labels on people because of all the elitism crap that Gaia has been cursed with.  
CHATTERBOX. POST ALL YOUR NONSENSE HERE~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff