Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply EverGleam
Evergleam Giveaway & Lotto -- Gleam On! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote on the future of this guild.
  1. All contests end immediately, all prizes get distributed, and it's all over. No more Guild.
  2. We move back to a Chatterbox-only format, one single Evergleam thread, so there will be more people.
  3. Other choice -- POST ABOUT IT or it'll never be voted on, never happen.
View Results

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Evergleam, everywhere, ever weird, everyone"

TheShrike has left Gaia, but her generous spirit lives on. We run this giveaway in honor of the great lady herself, the one who brought us together in friendship and gave us shiny stuff just because it delighted her to make us smile. We hope to do the same for others.

You like free stuff, right? Of course you do.

You like cheap lottos too.

How about a free prize every 1,000 pages?

You have the first post on the page, you get a prize, until I run out of prizes. If people keep donating and I never run out of prizes, then that means this giveaway will never be over.

It's that simple.

If you win, your prize WILL be sent to you, even if I'm not online. When I log in, I'll check to see if any prize pages have been passed, and if they have, I'll send the prize to the winner. If you win, and ten seconds later you don't have your prize, don't PM me. I'll get to it the next time I log in.

JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT ONLINE, IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE AN a**.

I expect ALL members of this thread to keep an eye on it; If someone is acting like a jerk-- Report them! Also, if it gets REALLY out of hand, please PM me with their username so I can add them to my ignore list. You don't want to be on my ignore list, people. If you're on that list, even if you're the first poster on a prize page, I don't see your post, so you don't get a prize. Repeated jerkishness will get you removed from the guild, so you won't get ANY more prizes from ANY contest in this guild. Mind your manners, and there'll be no problems.

Speaking of sending PMs to me, ONLY DO IT FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

- There was someone being a really REALLY bad person in the thread, whom you have already reported to the Gaia Mods;
- You reach 1,000 bumps and deserve to be named an Awesome Bumper;
- You have a VALID QUESTION NOT ALREADY COVERED IN THE FAQ'S.

DO NOT PM ME TO ASK...

What do I title my trades? - For the lotto, your trade must be titled LOTTO. If you want to donate gold, prizes, or random items to the guild, please title the trade DONATION If you send something that isn't titled properly, we won't know what to do with it, so we will cancel the trade entirely instead of getting it wrong and causing hurt feelings.

How do I win a prize? - You must have the FIRST post on the specified page. The second post of this thread has a prize list; review it. Remember; Every 1,000 pages. If you can't figure that out, I worry about you.

Wellll... what if I have like the SECOND post on the page, because my connection is really slow and... - NO. FIRST POST ONLY. If you need another prize, try another thread. If I wanted to give prizes for any OTHER posts, I think I would have mentioned it. First post, people. If you have it, you have it. If you don't, no prize. Get over it.

I just won a prize; Where is it? - On the way! Don't worry, I and the Evergleam Guild staff are working on it. Be patient, we can't be online all the time.

Can I have your account? - HA HA HA HA HA No.

Can I have a prize? - Sure, if you're the first poster on every 1,000th page. You can try to win a prize fair and square like everyone else.

Can I buy a prize? - No, prizes are free... to the winners. You want to buy something from us, look into our shops in the Marketplace. We'll be happy to take your money for something we're selling.

Can you donate to me? - We are not a Charity. NO.

Can I win more than once? - Yes. It is highly unlikely, but yes.

Can I advertise my guild, thread, or quest? - Once per page, please.

Can you vote for me in the arena? - Maybe, but I tend to give 5 as my normal vote, and higher only if something really, truly impresses me. I've never voted 10 before, and only twice have I voted 9. If you don't think you honestly have the best avatar in the arena, which is the only thing I would ever vote a 10 for, you probably don't want me to bring your average down.

Why aren't you here on weekends? - I may be, actually. Two people log into this account, Divash and Lady Leopardess. Divash isn't here on weekends, and will never be here on a Jewish holiday. Lady Leopardess keeps different hours, so she may be here on those days.

So-and-So shouldn't have won a prize. I should have won a prize because I know who is deserving of prizes! - OMG, STFU & GTFO. If you want to decide who gets prizes, start your own giveaway.

Will you be my friend? - Divash's words: "If we've met in person and I really like you, yes. Otherwise, no. 'Friend' is a special thing with me, not a title I give to every stranger I see, like a religious nut handing out pamphlets on a street corner." Lady Leopardess may be a bit more open and kind with her friendship. But let HER add YOU. Don't be pushy.

You get the picture.

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES, MY INBOX WILL OVERFLOW AND NOBODY WILL HAVE THEIR QUESTIONS ANSWERED. EVER.

Yes, anyone who reaches 1,000 bumps may PM me. Please include the page number you ended on, and the date. Unfortunately we don't have the funds right now to give gold for bumps, but we will put your name under Awesome Bumpers in one of these posts that brags on the folks we love the most in this thread.

Thanks for reading. Have fun!

-- Divash, typing as Evergleam_Guild, the Evergleam Guild Mule  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:45 am

WHAT CAN YOU WIN?

Here's a list of prizes I've collected for the giveaway so far:
Page ## - PRIZE HERE Winner: NAME HERE
Page 224 - Ta Lu is nice enough to give 500 g to the first poster
Page 300 - [boba]bubble-tea will give out 1000g to the first poster
(under the assumption that Xehnos's offer ran out)
Page 1000 - Fausta's Bottle 2nd gen.
Page 2000 -
Page 3000 -
Page 4000 -
Page 5000 -
Page 6000 -
Page 7000 -
Page 8000 -
Page 9000 -
Page 10,000 -

AMAZING DONORS -- Each of these people has contributed funds or prizes to this thread:

Jerbos- 1000g
Monsieur Nameless- 5000g
Your name should be right here!

AMAZING BUMPERS -- Each of these people has bumped at least 1000 times in this thread:

1. Shoafy
2. Ambrai
3. [boba]bubble-tea
4. Aiko Kitsune
Your name should be right here!

The first 10 people to reach 1,000 bumps will be entered into a lotto for a FREE prize. Probably a sealed envelope for the appropriate month.

HOW DO YOU WIN?

Have the first post on the page. If you're not on my Ignore list, I'll see your post the next time I log in (which is often), and you'll get your prize as fast as you can Accept Trade. If you're on my Ignore list, you'll get nothing, and the prize will go to the next person who's posted on that page. Don't worry, I'm easygoing; it's hard to get Ignored by me.  

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:46 am
Iiiiiiiiit's CHEAP LOTTO TIME!

Here's the deal. We've got a Fausta's Bottle 2nd gen as our first prize for reaching page 1,000 of this guild. I just don't think that's enough, do you? Of course not. Besides, as I already mentioned, you love cheap lottos.

Now I I want to give away the real deal, the very FIRST Fausta's Bottle from the Gaia Cash store. I bought it yesterday, and I'm wearing it right now, so you don't have to wonder if I've really got it.

Thing is, it cost me over 60,000 gold. I'm down to almost no gold right now. I need more gold if I'm supposed to give away more prizes. Therefore, this isn't a free prize. But it can be a prize in a cheap lotto (which you love -- go on, you can admit it, we all know already).

So! Here it is, our attempt at a lotto without TheShrike to give us her guidance. Be gentle; it's our first time.

Tickets are 1g (ONE GAIA GOLD) each. There are 60,000 tickets. You can buy as many as you like. You may NOT reserve certain numbers; they will be sold sequentially, because I don't have the free time to be counting individual ticket numbers. Send me a trade titled LOTTO.

The number will be drawn using Gaia's randomizer, and the person holding that ticket number will get the prize. The number will be chosen shortly after we accept the last trade for the last ticket, and the prize will be sent to the winner immediately.

Divash and Lady Leopardess will check this guild mule's trades pretty much every day that we can log in, in order to keep things moving. If we can't log in for a weekend or a holiday, please don't get itchy about it. We'll get back eventually. If you do start kvetching excessively (that is, more than once), you lose your right to win. And no, we won't refund your ticket money. You have been warned.

Tickets Sold:
Jerbos 1-1000 (1000 tickets)
Ambrai 1001-13,001 (12,000 tickets)
Jerbos 13,002- 14,002 (1700 tickets)
morganshoaf 14,003-14,503 (500 tickets)
Jerbos 14,504-16,504 (2000 tickets)
[boba] bubble-tea 16,505- 18,005 (1500 tickets]
Ta Lu 18,006- 19,006 ( 1000 tickets)
Your name and your tickets should be here!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:47 am
Donations Joyfully Accepted

To elaborate on something I mentioned in the first post, yes, we do accept applications! Joyfully, joyfully, and with much dancing!

Evergleam is a giveaway, which is kind of like a constant donation from me to you. However, I can give away a lot more if I can GET a lot more. It would take me a very long time indeed to save up enough to give away even a small thing, without some help from those who make this guild great -- that means you. If you'd like to see me give away more prizes, I'll need more donations.

I gleefully accept small items that I can sell back to the Gaia Stores for gold. I rapturously accept gold itself. And I get absolutely giddy when someone says, "Look, here's a Rare, Event Item, or Monthly Collectible. Why don't you give it away to someone for me?" Awesome Donors will be mentioned in the first post of this thread.

The more prizes I can buy (or receive in donations), the more people can become potential prize winners, and the longer this thread keeps going. Could you spare 1000g per week? 100g? 10g? We'd love to have it, and we'll put it to good use.  

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:49 am
Recruiting Contest!

Well, this was sad. Not one person joined EverGleam during the entire month of February, so I'm unable to give away any prize for recruitment.

Since no one else cares, I think I'll stop caring for a while, too. I'm about to move house, and work has gotten hectic with new projects, and frankly if no one else is even trying to have any fun in here, I'm not going to waste my energy on it, either.

I'm taking a leave of absence. If folks want to see me be active at all -- and if anyone wants any prizes to be given out -- I better see this thread grow to 300 pages by the end of April. Otherwise, sayonara.

-- Divash  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:50 am

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:51 am

I probably don't need this many reserved posts, but what the heck... I like the Reserved banner.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:13 am
OH HOOT YEA!!! THE BUMPAGE AND LOTTOS ARE BACK!!! YAY!!! *happy dance*  

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

EverGleam_Guild
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:23 am
Yeah, baby! Bump your everloving tochas off!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:53 am
Bump. I don't number bumps. Just take it for granted that once in a while, I'll be bumping. smile  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:00 am
Sing, please, to the tune of "Jingle Bells."

Reading through the posts
Bumping up the thread
Giddiness, it grows
Filling up my head

Generosity
Makes the gleaming bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
in Evergleam tonight!

OH!

Evergleam, Evergleam
Gleaming all the way
Oh, what fun it is to give
In a gleaming giveaway -- HEY!

Evergleam, Evergleam
Gleaming all the way
In a gleaming giveaway!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:22 am
Divash
Sing, please, to the tune of "Jingle Bells."

Reading through the posts
Bumping up the thread
Giddiness, it grows
Filling up my head

Generosity
Makes the gleaming bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
in Evergleam tonight!

OH!

Evergleam, Evergleam
Gleaming all the way
In a gleaming giveaway -- HEY!

Evergleam, Evergleam
Gleaming all the way
In a gleaming giveaway!

that's so crafty of you! So cool!  

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:26 am
I don't really count bumps since my numbers keep getting lost in threads like this. >...< but I will be around bumping all HI HOO!! Tehe!

What made you guys start this thread up again?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:29 am
Since it seems really pointless in my thread. I'm going to bump it up here. XD Get this thread a little kick in the rear to get it started!  

Ta Lu

High-functioning Lunatic

Lady Leopardess
Vice Captain

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 am
Well it just didn't right without an 'official" guild giveaway up ya know?
Plus it should liven the place up ^_^  
EverGleam

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces