Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Elections/change of government/politics or whatever

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:13 pm
For those of you who are Uk-ans, Canadians or Americans, you may not have heard that there's been a change of government in Australia.
On Saturday, the decade long Howard government was defeated and a new Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, was elected. I'm initially wondering what your reactions to the new government might be.

Then after that, everyone's free to discuss anything about potential future elections, change of government or politics in general.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:23 pm
Heard about that, quite glad that guy has gone------- not that I knew a helluva lot about him, but he sounded like some Aussie version of Bush (or one of his neo-con buddies, anyway). WHY AM I ANSWERING THIS THREAD, I ASK YOU. I SHOULD BE WRITING FRENCH. AHHH. Unfortunate that although we have finally rid ourselves of one of them (Howard) another has already sprung up (Monsieur Sarkozy, bien sur). SUCH ARE THE WAYS OF THE WORLD. Sigh. NOW JE RETOURNE A MON COURSEWORK. Bon nuit.

Niphz
Crew

berryscary1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:19 pm
horrah for bush, horrah for bush. Just joking, not a good president. confused Howard government?! Oh well. Never even knew what type of government Australia had. rofl horrah Obama. i think sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:03 am
hahaha.. the history of John Howard~
well, i didnt pay much attention to Aust government coz i didnt have to vote.. but i remember hearing some news about some scam about flyers (relating to the election) in Australia.. what was that about?  

soumakisa

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:38 am
My English teacher (who is Australian) was telling us today about how happy she was that Howard has been voted out. 3nodding

May the people of the world realise the dangers of neo-conservatism and act against it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:27 pm
soumakisa
hahaha.. the history of John Howard~
well, i didnt pay much attention to Aust government coz i didnt have to vote.. but i remember hearing some news about some scam about flyers (relating to the election) in Australia.. what was that about?

Oh that? Well it was a really stupid prank pulled by the husbands of two female liberal candidates which attempted to paint Labor as associates with Al Qaeda (Bin Laden Supporters basically). They tried to copy the antics of this television show that had sabatoged the APEC conference earlier this year (Remember the Sydney lockdown?). As you would expect, it flopped miserably and probably made the election defeat much worse.

Anyway, so far it sounds like you guys either didn't know anything about the Howard government (Most Americans have no clue rofl ) or are glad that he's gone for good. Being the case, what do you guys think about the new Prime Minister, this Rudd guy? He can speak Chinese better than any of us can (shock! eek ), is basically an Aussie version of Bl(iar), and was caught picking his ear wax-and EATING IT on live American TV!!! xd  

Minielf

soumakisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:01 am
the Rudd guy.. I dont know.. he doesnt seem to look that intelligent or have much experience... he doesn't look shrewd enough... he looks like that gentle sort where pple lead him, rather than he lead the people but of coz, this is just basing on his looks and not basing him as a whole coz i have yet to really "study" him. lol.

but i guess pple voted for him coz John Howard was getting old and Rudd was younger so could lead the younger generation..

If I'm not mistaken, he places policies on better education + all the environmental care thing and the promotion of tourism, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:14 pm
Blair? I thought that was.. Howard's speciality? My English teacher was saying how if Blair was a poodle then Howard was like.. a lapdog.. @__@; The Rudd guy sounds better. At least he's going to sign Kyoto, and withdraw troops from Iraq, and other nice things. : D

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:47 pm
Welll, Rudd is basically Blair Pre Iraq War-before he became one of Bush's stooges like Howard, and when Cool Britannia was actually, you know, cool. rofl xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:38 am
Oh I see I see.. xD

Niphz
Crew

berryscary1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:47 pm
crying I don't see anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm
OMG the Australia got a government O.O
the kangaroo are gonna be piss when they heard this whee  

x~Jiang~x

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*