Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
The Calling to Innocence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:47 pm
The first thing that I noticed was that my left pinkie finger was bent at an odd angle.
The second thing was not the pain, but the blood pooling around my bottom teeth.
The third thing... The third thing was her, the girl, Miriam.

"Now I ain't gonna' name names, and I ain't gonna drag others in, but I'm not about to say "I'm the only cat you got bubblin'", you're lucky, somehow you managed to find who will sit and soak the evils you secrete."
-Aesop Rock

And I just killed her.
Oh God.

I was screaming, crying, putting my fist through my mirror into the drywall behind; pulling back a handfull of broken glass, blood, and twenty skewed images of myself.

Like the calling to innocence I had felt as a child, this was my calling to Hell.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:58 pm
I don't really understand...the metaphors about innocence and hell and the fact that he(?) killed her. What's the link in that?

Maybe I just don't get it....  

KirbyVictorious

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:04 pm
He(?) views the act of him murdering of Miriam as a calling in his life to turn towards Hell. I plan on expanding it, he(?) is going to venture forth, doing a combination of terrible things, and wonderful things.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:11 pm
What's that song called? The words sound familiar.  

Voxxx

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:26 pm
It's called "The Tugboat Complex, Part. 3".
I tweaked the final line a little, but it's hip-hop, if you can except that hip-hop can actually be good and meaningfull.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games