Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Rate my website layout...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

That Crazy Botvinnik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:27 pm
Please rate my website layout.
Click Here

Host Info: Free/some file restrictions/unlimited space and bandwidth/No ads  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:52 pm
nice but i think you can do better with a blank or different kind of background. as for that michieru's website perhaps you could use a different font and make it a transparent GIF so it'll show up better 3nodding  

Naiadrisa

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:27 am
I agree about the tiled background... a plain colour or tiles that are a bit more seamless would work better. Personally I find the tile you've used a bit distracting - I find my eyes wandering to the background rather than the content area.

I like the way that the navbar looks, but I think the text could be tracked out a little more to make it more readable. As it is they are very squished up against each other. There's a CSS attribute for altering tracking, but I can't remember what it is right now... word-space or something. Also, I think the navbar would look even cooler with some kind of hover graphic - which can again be done with CSS (moohahaha can you tell I love CSS?). There's a bunch of cool menu styles here that you can copy + paste, then adjust to suit your design.

Lastly, I'm hoping that you won't be using Times New Roman for your content when you put it in, like the 'Under Construction' part... because that font is EVIL! domokun

Other than that, well done. Your free host sounds pretty good; could you post the url for it? I want to try and talk people out of using Angelfire (which is also EVIL).  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:51 am
www.hostultra.com

GAH! STOP CONFUSING ME! I'M ONLY 13! I DON'T KNOW CSS!
Look at the source to see how I did the images. Is there a way to invert them when selectid?
*changes bg* *changes logo*
Ok, Firefox and Internet Explorer look diferent somehow...More people use IE though so I set it to look like that.  

That Crazy Botvinnik

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:02 am
Lord_Michieru
www.hostultra.com

Look at the source to see how I did the images. Is there a way to invert them when selectid?
Ok, Firefox and Internet Explorer look diferent somehow...More people use IE though so I set it to look like that.
Sorry! I didn't take into account how old you were! CSS isn't that hard though, and you've already done great by learning HTML. This tutorial was pretty good and easy to understand for me. I'm planning to have some HTML and CSS tutorials in the second issue of our guild e-zine site thingo.

To have hover images, you would have to save the inverted versions as separate images, and use CSS to show that one when someone hovers. If you upload the images, I could write that little bit of CSS for you, and explain it to you, if you like 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:11 am
Chisa
Lord_Michieru
www.hostultra.com

Sorry! I didn't take into account how old you were! CSS isn't that hard though, and you've already done great by learning HTML. This tutorial was pretty good and easy to understand for me. I'm planning to have some HTML and CSS tutorials in the second issue of our guild e-zine site thingo.

To have hover images, you would have to save the inverted versions as separate images, and use CSS to show that one when someone hovers. If you upload the images, I could write that little bit of CSS for you, and explain it to you, if you like 3nodding

*reads with interest*  

That Crazy Botvinnik

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:34 pm
It's off to a good start. 3nodding The background is bit distracting though, perhaps you can dull the contrast/fade it a bit?

What i really like is the navigation though, simple and rather classy (? right word?) looking.

I suggest making the navigation text a little bit bigger though; it may be just me and my rotten eyesight, but I find it a bit hard to see. Also, perhaps try a different font? Times New roman is very common, so many have gotten sick of it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:34 pm
If you're showing photoshop tutorials? then you might want more space.
and the background is a little too much. x_x

hello hoshi

6,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:04 am
I hate to tell you this honey but you have spyware pop-ups on your site... quite bad ones at that...

as for the layout, I think it is quite nice, the monotone looks nice, but as some people have said, you don't have much space in that box...  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games