Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Crumble.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  Sors loves you.
View Results

Sors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:30 pm
"I love you." She said softly into his ear as the ceiling to the extensive cavern started to drop. Large slabs of slate and granite made the ground tremble. She collapsed to her knees as a small chunk hit her shoulder. He reached out to her, pulling her up, holding her tightly to him.
"I love you too." He said hurriedly back before another slab could fall upon them.
Even across the room Lanna knew what they were saying. She tucked her body again the side of the cavern. Rage, jealousy, hate overwhelmed her thoughts as the last of the slabs fell just beside her feet.
Lanna stumbled over the jumbled rocks till she same to Isadore's shaken form. She was silent and numbly looking at him.
Lanna took one look at his unconscious form and picked up a small stone and drove it with all her might into Isadore's skull.
Lanna rapped her arms around his form, pulled him up and dragged him as far away from Isadore as she could.

He was hers and no one else's.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:33 pm
Obligatory "OH GOD USE A DIFFERENT COLOR"
Also, crazy jealous women make my skin crawl.  

Xahmen
Vice Captain

Isianya

Aged Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:36 pm
I like the last line. Powerful, simple. Other than that, a couple things:

>> Adjectives. Whoah. 'the extensive cavern,' 'large slabs,' 'shaken form' so on and so forth. Sometimes less is more.

>> She collapsed to her knees as a chunk hit her shoulder. Okay, she collapsed as the rock hit her? Or was it after? Words like that should be used carefully. Especially when describing a scene like this.

>> Tone.. There's a crisis going on here. A sense of urgency or at least fear. I don't get that from reading this.

.:~o*'Isianya'*o~:.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:55 pm
Sors
"I love you." She said softly into his ear as the ceiling to the extensive cavern started to drop. Large slabs of slate and granite made the ground tremble. She collapsed to her knees as a small chunk hit her shoulder. He reached out to her, pulling her up, holding her tightly to him.
"I love you too." He said hurriedly back before another slab could fall upon them.
Even across the room Lanna knew what they were saying. She tucked her body again the side of the cavern. Rage, jealousy, hate overwhelmed her thoughts as the last of the slabs fell just beside her feet.
Lanna stumbled over the jumbled rocks till she same to Isadore's shaken form. She was silent and numbly looking at him.
Lanna took one look at his unconscious form and picked up a small stone and drove it with all her might into Isadore's skull.
Lanna rapped her arms around his form, pulled him up and dragged him as far away from Isadore as she could.

He was hers and no one else's.

User Image

Jealous women make my skin crawl too.

I always love your human conflict, sors; It keeps your attention so well.  

NovaKing

Voxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:45 pm
The first sentence might be improved a bit by saying the ceiling of the extensive cavern. And maybe find a synonym for slab. Other than that, I rather enjoyed it. It was a little un-clear

holding her tightly to him.

here, as to how the guy became unconscious. Did the rock fall on them or not?

You seem to have some really strong characters. And I love their names--Isadore, Lanna. Write more soon? surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:00 pm
Nice way to open it up... captivate the attention, cave-ins do. Not much to say that hasn't been said by someone else here already... though I suppose I should at least comment on how it struck me as unique. Just my perspective, but, while love and jealousy are common topics, the cave-in and how crazy that Lanna person appeared, seemed to come together to form something uncommon. Just my opinion.  

lidless_i

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 pm
I was confused.

Quote:

In the bold sentence, it sounds like "he" is Isadore. But in the next sentence, Isadore feels like another person. I mean, it felt like "he" and "Isadore" switched.

It might be less confusing if you said "...unconscious form, then turned away and..." to give the sense of another person.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:56 pm
Thanks for the constructive critiques guys! <3 This is seriously the only place I get them.

User Image  

Sors

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:13 pm
You know it.

Okay. Who is Isadore? Who's the dude?

What's going on?

Why isn't anything hitting Lanna?  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash