Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Chick Tracts (From Your Friendly, Neighborhood Fundie <3) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chick Tracts?
  I've seen them around D:
  I read them on a regular basis xD
  I've been given those in real life =(
  Never heard of them O.o
View Results

[Angry Masturbation]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:11 pm
For those not in the know, Jack Chick is the American super-fundie who began publishing Chick Tracts in the '60s. Chick Tracts are commonly found in churches and handed out by people witnessing, much to the annoyance of everyone with a shred of decency. Generally considered controversial by leftist hippies, the lessons tend to focus around hell and punishment. Because God loves you, children.

Chick uses his impeccable logic...
User Image
(Yarr! Tis' a seaworthy craft, but will we be able to fit the tyrannosaurus rex in it?)

Irrefutable knowledge...
User ImageUser Image
(The post scripts make it extra true!)

And strong people skills...
User Image
(Lolz...it's just so...I can't even...just...just lolz)

...To bring to light the fact that non-Christians enjoy practicing witchcraft, often have demons and usually die of AIDS in under three months of contracting it. He regularly puts his two favorite teaching methods -fear and blatant lies- to good use while converting...because everyone knows that if you aren't christian, you're stupid and will believe anything. Right?

Everyones' Uncle Bob plays a regular part in Chick Tracts. Who wouldn't trust a face like that?

User Image

By the end of each comic, he's usually reduced someone to a similar state as the one this poor girl is in: sobbing on the floor and begging an invisible man in the sky to forgive her for reading Harry Potter.

User Image
That, or they're dead. Sometimes both.

As funny as Chick Tracts can be, they're also often very hard to read...it's pretty eye-opening (and really rather frightening) that people think like this, and will not only misrepresent the truth, but ignore it all together and replace it with their own to convince people they're right.

Chick Tracts can all be accessed here and here (with amusing reviews and much more!). Give 'em a look...which are most disturbing? Which made you laugh? Which top your list of 'stupidest things ever concocted by the mind of man'?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:30 pm
Fit a tryrannosaurus nothing, try two of each kind of sauropod, to say they were large is an understatement. Not a boat we're talking about anymore, more like a floating continent. And Jack Chick is insulting to my intelligence, I find the comic his site has on the satanic nature of rock music to be amusing though.  

Lunar Falcon

[Angry Masturbation]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:12 pm
Too true xD

I've yet to read that one yet (I'll have to keep an eye out for it) but I think I've found my all-time favorite already:

User Image

OH FOR THE LOVE OF HYPOCRASY D:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:27 pm
That's not an ark....that's just a box, it doesn't even look like it will float.

As for the rest of the comics......the absurdity of them hurts my brain and my eyes. In fact, I think I just felt my IQ drop a few points.  

Arios V

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Because, as we all know, lying to children is the way to go.
...and that really, honestly scares me.  

Tenth Speed Writer

[Angry Masturbation]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:29 pm
Of course. Kids'll believe anything as long as you sound really, really serious about it.

D: They scare me too. I'm trying to figure out all the times they take it upon themselves to pound into our heads the fact everyone is going to Hell if they aren't a Born Again Christian. You could dedicate your life to curing AIDS, adopt and love a dozen orphaned 3rd world children and give half your paycheck to feed the starving each month, and if you just so happen to be, say, a Jew, it doesn't matter. No heaven for you.

But on the other hand, the sociopathic serial rapist who repents on his deathbed out of a fear of hell, is good to go.

'Tis a ******** up world we live in ._.

...On second thought I'm rather fond of the world. The problem is probably more the fact that it's jam-packed full of self-righteous ********>  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:00 am
User Image

I've seen many, many links to Chick Tracts.

But you've set this thread up so nice! rofl rofl

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

sora987

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:09 am
I can't really read those comics. They're so stupid they make me sick. I wanna know the parents who actually make their kids read that f#@ked up stuff.
By the way Meirelle, where did you get your little animated picture?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:57 pm
I can only read a few at a time. I laugh and cry.  

Koravin

EmmaRaikou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:00 pm
This one is my absolute favorite. A friend of mine got it Trick-or-Treating a couple of years ago.

The mom is such a b***h. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:27 pm
EmmaRaikou
This one is my absolute favorite. A friend of mine got it Trick-or-Treating a couple of years ago.

The mom is such a b***h. :/

Ugh. The "morale" of that one really disgusts me. It's the breaking point from religion as a motive to do good and avoid bad, to a basis for superstition and a badly interpreted "book'o'rules."  

Tenth Speed Writer

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:33 pm
DOOD! That last one is so freaking disgusting. However... you've got to wonder. Do kids nowadays believe that hell is THAT bad? I mean... if they play as much videogames as i think they do, then hell should be molding to just another place to hang out... for "eternity."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:13 pm
Heh, my little sister's best friend has tried telling her basically the same message that only Christians go to heaven. Told her that she and her family were on a bright white boat of God and that my sister was drowning and wouldn't take the life raft. What she told her friend was priceless, "then let me drown in peace."  

Lunar Falcon

Habible

Dapper Conversationalist

3,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:04 pm
Here's my favorite two =P

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1033/1033_01.asp

And this one

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0074/0074_01.asp