Submit

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:39 pm
Pick a Type pairing and give a logical and realistic reason as to why it holds so in the game.

Example as follows.

Quote:
Psychic vs. Dark vs. Fighting

Fighting types are all brawn and no brains, therefor, if you can out think your opponent and use their weakness against them, you have the advantage. The reason why Psychic types win.

All the brain power in the world cannot match the cunning of those who are seen as evil, as evil is unpridictable. Cunning and logic do not mix, and those that think logically are rarely cunning. This is why Dark types win over Psychic types.

Even the most cunning of creatures cannot stop raw strength. Even the sly fox is eventually caught and killed by a stronger and more powerful preditor. This is why Fighting types win over Dark types.

Quote:
Psychic vs. Poison

In order to find a cure for any illness, one has to know how the illness works. Through biological science, humans have been able to create vaccines and antibodies to help fight off once-fatal illnesses, thus showing the power of science and intelligence. This is why Psychics win.

Quote:
Ice vs. Fire vs. Water vs. Electricity vs. Ground vs. Rock vs. Grass

Ice is melted by fire.
Fire is put out by water.
Water conducts electricity.
Electricity can be grounded.
Grass is grounded and cannot conduct electricity.
Rocks are found in or on the ground (hence why the common Rock/Ground Type combination).
Grass comes from the ground.
Grass (particularly moss) can cover rocks.
Rocks can break Ice.
Ice and water can erode rock.
Ice and water can cover the ground.
Rocks can be used to stop and put out fires.
Fire can burn grass.
Grass lives off of water.
Ice can freeze grass stopping its natural process of getting food.
etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:04 pm
Five Vs. Steel:
Fire is so hot that it can melt steel (And Flareons reach temps of 3000 or so internally. Hot stuff.)

Normal Vs. Ghost:
Ghosts are incorpreal, and thus cannot be hit by corpreal moves.

Flying Vs. Bug:
Birds eat bugs.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Fischer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:55 pm
Bug vs. Grass
Bugs eat plants.

Fighting vs. Rock
Strength allows one to break a rock with bare hands.

Steel vs. Rock
Steel is stronger than rock, so it can break it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:09 pm
Fighting vs. Normal

Knowing how to use the martial arts affectively will give you the advantage over someone who does not. The reason why Fighting types have the advantage.

Flying vs. Electric

The higher an object is, the more likely is it prone to being struck by lightning.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Ginga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:13 pm
I just want to say, I think it's really gay that fighting wins over dark. If it's dark in a room, how the hell are you going to see to punch someone?

I just had to get that out. I really really hate it. domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:14 pm
Ginga
I just want to say, I think it's really gay that fighting wins over dark. If it's dark in a room, how the hell are you going to see to punch someone?

It's dark as in evil, not dark as in.... you know, dark.. lack of light. sweatdrop  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Fischer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:14 pm
Ginga

Something had to be super-effective against Dark. (besides Bug, I mean.)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:17 pm
That reminds me!

Bug vs. Pyschic

Bugs are simple minded creatures and are pretty much mechanical in nature. A simple mind is hard to understand for the complex and analitical. Hence why Bug types have the advantage.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:51 pm
Flying vs. Ice
Ice on the wings prevents flight. (Such as on airplanes, if ice accumulates on the wings, the plane becomes too heavy to fly.)

Flying vs. Grass
Birds eat grass.

Bug vs. Fire
Fire burns bugs, like grass.

I have a lot of these, when I think of more combinations, I'll post 'em. I even have a theory about why some elements aren't effective against Dragons, while their own type is extremely effective against one another, but I need to double-check it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:56 pm
Sui Kune
I even have a theory about why some elements aren't effective against Dragons, while their own type is extremely effective against one another, but I need to double-check it.
I'll be waiting to see those with great anticipation... mostly because I don't know why Dragons don't like Ice when there's a Dragon of Ice in several Culture Myths.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:06 pm
Alright....my theory on Dragon types:

Dragon vs. Water vs. Fire vs. Grass vs. Electric vs. Ice vs. Steel vs. Dragon

Alright....in mythology, the dragon is often associated with different elements: water, fire, flight, and earth. A possible explanation for Water (water), Fire (fire), Grass (earth), and Electric (flight)-type moves not being very effective is because of this association. As for why Ice is so effective, it could be the same as why Ice is effective against Flying-types: Ice prevents flight. Now, for why Dragon-type moves aren't effective against Steel, I think represents how modern innovation and thinking (steel is a modern invention) is taking the place of the old ways (dragons are rooted deep in old Japanese tradition). As for why Dragons are so effective against Dragons, doesn't it make sense that the only way to beat a dragon is for one to fight another? I do believe that in mythology, dragons probably didn't get along.

Alright....how was that? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:12 pm
Makes sense to me. 3nodding  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Fischer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:33 pm
I think it makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:29 am
It just dawned on me.

Dragon vs. Ice
A Biological View

Dragons are represented as giant reptiles. Reptiles are, for the most part, cold-blooded. This means they need the power of the sun to generate and regulate their body temperature. If their body temp. gets too cold, they stop functioning.

OMG!! We are killing little Dratinis whenever we use Ice Type attacks on it! eek  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Fischer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:46 pm
ZeekSlider
It just dawned on me.

Dragon vs. Ice
A Biological View

Dragons are represented as giant reptiles. Reptiles are, for the most part, cold-blooded. This means they need the power of the sun to generate and regulate their body temperature. If their body temp. gets too cold, they stop functioning.

OMG!! We are killing little Dratinis whenever we use Ice Type attacks on it! eek

ah-HA! Brilliant, Zeek. 3nodding  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces