Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
(WAR)>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<(POLITCAL)>>IMPOR Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:28 pm
Some of us may be aware of the matter regarding the recent oil problem between china and japan, some may not so here is the basic parts of the story...
A oil well was discoverd within the ocean in china, but not only was this oil well in china, parts of it was also loacted in japan, (because its split by the boarder line). and both parties wish to obtain this oil, but whomever goes first knows its innevitable to suck the oil located on the other side.
ofcourse this is the possible reason why in alot of big urban areas in china are suffering from oil reduction and are having to line up 1-4hours for petrol (private cars). The goverment are making stupid excuses as to why this is happening and are remaining extreamly calm during thier presentations. if this was some1 elses fault they would most definatly be shouting thier a** off and screaming what they would do to stop it and when it would possibly stop, but instead excuses such as 'the monsune (spelling error) season is here so ships are unable to approch, a simple ansear is 'we have this heavy rain every year so why is this year so specail' so in order to repel this they simply said 'the oil companies are asking for more money and we refuse to give them that money so thier on strike'. whitch is obviously all complete bullshit.
China could be preparing for war, most possible with japan possibly with tai wan (because of thier hope to be independant).

THIS IS SIMPLY A THOUGHT--SAY WHATEVER YOU WISH ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD.

P.S america will not help either coutries because they will gain benefits from the war instead of fighting in the war. but they could! you never no! and i dont even no if theres going to be a war! china could just be preparing for the futre! you never know.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:06 am
Sorry, what's the point of this? That there's an oil well on the border, and there's going to be a war//oil shortage? Or that there's an oil shortage already? I read an article while I was in China about the rising oil prices affecting taxi drivers a lot, but besides that, not much..

As for the weapons build-up, well, I somehow doubt a war coming.. China is not stupid enough to threaten its own thriving economy etc by starting a war for no reason (yes, I realise Taiwan is a reason, but - excuse me for saying - they don't have the guts to declare independence)...

No war against Japan coming up either, both sides rely too much on each other for economic reasons.. *sigh.. money drives everything.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:38 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Sorry, what's the point of this? That there's an oil well on the border, and there's going to be a war//oil shortage? Or that there's an oil shortage already? I read an article while I was in China about the rising oil prices affecting taxi drivers a lot, but besides that, not much..

As for the weapons build-up, well, I somehow doubt a war coming.. China is not stupid enough to threaten its own thriving economy etc by starting a war for no reason (yes, I realise Taiwan is a reason, but - excuse me for saying - they don't have the guts to declare independence)...

No war against Japan coming up either, both sides rely too much on each other for economic reasons.. *sigh.. money drives everything.

BULLSHIT

There are thousands of tons withing the well andchina has already begun diging the well withoutthe japanise's permission. and its not an oil shortage is oil reseraverance to prepare incase of a war  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:11 am
But what are you trying to say? That this will cause a war?

And don't dismiss arguments as "bullshit" without good reason. stare  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
But what are you trying to say? That this will cause a war?

And don't dismiss arguments as "bullshit" without good reason. stare [you said 'there isnt going to be a war' that is BS china is preparing for war, all the major coutries are being held back with petrol, and the goverment are making s**t excuses up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:48 am
POSSIBLE! note: the oil 'reserve' has being going on for 1week now. and no reasonable explantion has been given to the genral public. explain that fairy  

Flammable Bait

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:38 am
I wasn't trying to explain anything, merely say that I didn't think war by China was very.. imminent, or even likely.

Let me point out that the Chinese gov't doesn't have a very good track record of explaining things to the general public at all. It doesn't bode for anything sinister.

Quote:
china is preparing for war

Proof, please..? Apart from this "oil reserve" you have given nothing to prove that there is likely to be a war sometime soon involving China. And there are many, many non-war reasons for which the gov't could be holding back oil.

Quote:
all the major coutries are being held back with petrol

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Could you please explain that in something at least resembling the English language? (or the Chinese language, if you'd prefer)

And what kind of reaction is calling me a fairy supposed to generate? Oh well, I shall take it as a compliment. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:41 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
I wasn't trying to explain anything, merely say that I didn't think war by China was very.. imminent, or even likely.

Let me point out that the Chinese gov't doesn't have a very good track record of explaining things to the general public at all. It doesn't bode for anything sinister.

Quote:
china is preparing for war

Proof, please..? Apart from this "oil reserve" you have given nothing to prove that there is likely to be a war sometime soon involving China. And there are many, many non-war reasons for which the gov't could be holding back oil.

Quote:
all the major coutries are being held back with petrol

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Could you please explain that in something at least resembling the English language? (or the Chinese language, if you'd prefer)

And what kind of reaction is calling me a fairy supposed to generate? Oh well, I shall take it as a compliment. Thank you.

Angert typo i meant cities in china.

what would be the point of making nearly every1 in shen zhen lining up 1-5hours for petrol and pay 20percent more!?

and is japan just gonna watch all that money get sucked of thier land!? you know how greedy thier goverment have always been.  

Flammable Bait

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:48 am
CrimsnHawk

Angert typo i meant cities in china.

what would be the point of making nearly every1 in shen zhen lining up 1-5hours for petrol and pay 20percent more!?

TBH, I have no idea. Maybe the gov't are flogging the oil off to foreign multinationals because they pay more? But I doubt it has anything to do with war.

Quote:
and is japan just gonna watch all that money get sucked of thier land!? you know how greedy thier goverment have always been.

Correction: ALL governments are greedy.

But that's beside the point.

I'm sure we'll be hearing something about it soon. But I'm also sure there are many areas in which the Japanese and Chinese gov'ts are short-changing each other, this being just one of them. They're not going to start a war and risk M.A.D.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:56 am
Economy is the single mos important aspect of any government today. China and Japan rely too much on each other to risk war.

In short, war will not happen.  

spawnofebil

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:57 am
shush u were never in the arguement and DIDYOU SERIOUSLY READ EVERYTHING I TYPED  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:02 am
He can be in the argument if he wants. It's an open topic stare

I must admit, it would've been pretty difficult to read absolutely everything you said.. what with all the un-understandable typos and whatnot..

You still haven't answered the economy point (that neither China OR Japan will risk damage to their economies for the sake of war). I await your answer patiently.  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:10 am
japan has been wanting to find an excuse to go for china for a long time because they lost the war way back then. And yes they will suffer losses yet will get a high price in politcs, HUMILIATING ANOTHER COUTRY THAT YOU SECRETLY HATE AND MAKING A FAKE APOLGY SPEECH crying

(stop bullying me i put all the sub writing on the post i.e there could be a war you never no and it could even be with tai wan i put all that! i doubt any1 had time to read it all),  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:13 am
I'm not trying to bully you.. sorry if it seems like that.

You said yourself in the other thread that Japan's fate lies in the hands of China and the US. If China wanted to, they could DESTROY the Japanese economy. That's not called paying a high price; that's called suicide.

And yes, I read everything you wrote.

I already said why I didn't think a war with Taiwan was upcoming either.

Warmongerer. rolleyes  

Niphredil Ithilmir

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:52 am
Hey guys...An open discussion is always welcome and your opinions are important, but please don't take the topics so seriously and please avoid the name-calling as that can be interpreted as a ToS violation.

I may be over-reading, but I'd like to be cautious about this. Thanks for your co-operation.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff