Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Really, what do you do when you just can't say no? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 pm
User Image

Basically, my friend is having a party tonight.
Everyone is going to get wasted/drunk off their butts/ crunk etc.
My friend who is holding the big shin-dig keeps asking me to go. The problem, I really do not feel like partying tonight.
To be quite honest, I have felt like crap and tonight I just want to be away from everyone, in my room either reading, doing my art, or talking on here... just not actually interacting with people in real life.
So, I try telling him I do not feel like going and I am not in the partying mood tonight.
What does he do? Keeps persisting me to go, that I will have fun and everyone wants me to go, etc.

So now I feel kind of bad because everyone keeps telling me to go, that I will have fun. But then I do not want to just because of how I have been feeling.

Honestly though, what do you do when a friend keeps trying to persuade you to do something you just do not want to do? I keep trying to just get him to understand that no, I do not feel like partying or getting so drunk that I cannot remember anything that happened the night before. I am waiting until a friend of mine comes home from college to do that as a -Woo! You finished your first semester of college and now you are home- kind of thing, though it will probably be just us, but her and I always have fun.
Oh that note though.. college is coming up, I have to apply to the colleges I want to go to by February 1st. In some ways it makes me happy that I went back for an extra year of high school, just to figure out stuff. Anyone else stay back for an extra year of high school or have done so? Or can you even do that in some places? I honestly do not know the schooling system that well in most places.

User ImageWe can dance if you want toUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:49 pm
Well if you go to the party, you'll probably just end up feeling even worse than you do right now.
Just keep telling your friend you don't want to go. It'll get through eventually.

& BTW, who is that in your siggy?
They've got crazy hair.

x3 thisismysn x3

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:52 pm
Well, there are some sacrafices in life. If someone wants you to go/do something, you have the right to say whatever you feel. If you don't want to go. That's alright, but if that person you knew just keep asking, just tell that person the reason why you say "No!".

It's all up to you.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:04 pm
x3 thisismysn x3
Well if you go to the party, you'll probably just end up feeling even worse than you do right now.
Just keep telling your friend you don't want to go. It'll get through eventually.

& BTW, who is that in your siggy?
They've got crazy hair.
User Image

yeah, I thought so too so that is another reason why i do not want to go.

And the person in my siggy, is Bill Kaulitz from a german band called Tokio Hotel biggrin (i am obsessed)

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

x3 thisismysn x3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:06 pm
Thanks.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:46 pm
smile sweetly and say, "not tonight, but thanks for asking.".

when they ask you again, with the same sweet smile "do you need a hearing aid? no? then please respect my decision or i will no longer entertain your company."

I am sick of people pressuring me, so I really know where you are coming from. I regret every "nice" action I've been pressured into and no one should never live their life with regrets. It's beyond annoying! rolleyes  

SmithPresea

10,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:35 pm
From what I seen people only persist in stupid requests like that if they know the person they're bugging has a habit of caving in and going with the flow of peer pressure. It's hard to say no because giving in is something you may be used to. You have to start having more conviction in your decisions.

Also, I don't see what's wrong with explaining why in detail why you don't want to go. Instead of just saying no. If they knew you were feeling that bad I suspect they'd understand.

If all else fails, it's as simple as no means no. Sure you'll feel guilty but do you think it'd really matter if you're there or not when they're all drunk off their asses? They won't even know you're missing. Guilt is no longer a problem.

God... I feel like drinking. I'd give anything to go partying tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm
I say do what you want to. If you do not wish to go, then it is your choice.
Besides, if you are feeling ill, going out will most liekly not help. Getting plastered will certainly make matters worse.
Not to mention, as I have found from personal experience, multiple drunk people in an inclosed area only spells trouble.  

ArchAeon

7,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 pm
User Image

well the reason they keep pressuring me to go is because they know if they bug me even i will give in. And I do that because I cannot stand getting bug continuously.

But I went out with my parents for a bit around the time they were suppose to call so that i would not have to listen to them bug me again ninja
I feel bad but at the same time i feel better being at home tonight.

Oh and the reason it is hard to tell them why i do not want to go is because they think it is just an excuse. And they think i am lying to them.. only because they would use the same excuse, as a lie, to get out of doing something. stare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:59 pm
fujin_a_k_a_heero
User Image

well the reason they keep pressuring me to go is because they know if they bug me even i will give in. And I do that because I cannot stand getting bug continuously.

But I went out with my parents for a bit around the time they were suppose to call so that i would not have to listen to them bug me again ninja
I feel bad but at the same time i feel better being at home tonight.

Oh and the reason it is hard to tell them why i do not want to go is because they think it is just an excuse. And they think i am lying to them.. only because they would use the same excuse, as a lie, to get out of doing something. stare

If it were me, I really wouldn't give a rat's a** if they thought I was lying or not. It's my choice to go if I want or not, and if I didn't want to go, I wouldn't. Which is the same way you should go about it, if you don't wanna go, don't go. If they get pissy and angry...Get new friends, because that's a retarded thing to lose friends over.  

Aakiyana

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:31 pm
I`d tell him|her to kiss a** or just stop answering the phone|text messages and say I forgot about it until the next day.
Then if he asks why I didn`t answer my phone, I`d claim it was a piece and never rang.

Just what I`d do, and have done before.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:15 pm
User Image

lol I just "went out" when the phone started ringing rolleyes

My one friend is being pissy with me now because I didn't go.. but i just thought "oh well.. she's annoying anyways" I'm not sure if that's nice to say about friends.. but it's really true ninja

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:17 pm
I have annoying friends. Most of them, I can only take in few minute doses. Anything over about thirty minutes and I start saying really mean things. >.>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:20 pm
User Image

yeah, I know what you mean.
I can only be around certain people for about.. maybe an hour before I just feel the need to get away from them, I start to get angry and short tempered with them. So I stop talking to them.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Exactly, you can only take them in small doses. :]

But they`re great to run into at the post office and have a small conversation with.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff