Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I have never been so humiliated/disgusted Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the nerve of some people
  closed minded, irrational or bigots- you choose the name
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:28 am
This week in the arena, I had to get rid of some comments on my avatar entry that weren't very nice. Most comments were ok, and even supportive. So what if it isn't about Xmas?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:49 am
wow what happened?

Zef

Fluffy Trash

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:20 am
There's a lot of critisism in the arena.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:37 am
I too have recieved a lot of very unhelpful and negative criticism.

Someone very unhelpfully told me that I was nearly nakid.

No s**t sherlock.

(Excuse my French, but I actually put in the blurb that that was just how I like her to look)

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:38 pm
I once showed a Christmassy avatar to the Avatar Talk forum in January and was bagged out pretty well. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:43 pm
It seems that some Gaians are intolerant of non-Christians daring to enter the arena with their festivities in the same month as Christmas. Excuse me, but Hanukkah was here 165yrs before Jesus was ever born, and although not a major holiday, it is a very significant one - talk about miracles occurring!!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:49 pm
I hope I wasnt doing any criticism or anything bad when I made the comments.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:10 am
WindowOpener
I once showed a Christmassy avatar to the Avatar Talk forum in January and was bagged out pretty well. whee
Everyone has received those bad comments everyday. Even I have received Those comments User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Zef

Fluffy Trash

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:40 am
No one from this guild has ever made a comment to me, or any other guild member, that I can remember that was rude or insulting to the point of being reported to the moderators. And I don't believe that anyone here is bigoted enough to dare say anything THAT rude to me.

We all like each other here, or at least respect each other, enough to be polite or not say anything, if we know it would intentionally hurt someone else's feelings.

Some other Gaians I cannot say that about!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:49 am
mamarita
No one from this guild has ever made a comment to me, or any other guild member, that I can remember that was rude or insulting to the point of being reported to the moderators. And I don't believe that anyone here is bigoted enough to dare say anything THAT rude to me.

We all like each other here, or at least respect each other, enough to be polite or not say anything, if we know it would intentionally hurt someone else's feelings.

Some other Gaians I cannot say that about!

There are some very rude and ignorant people out there.

Some doofus called me a newbie the other day, I nearly wet myself laughing.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:10 pm
Wow o.o I can't believe people these days -_- Well... I could say something very mean but I think I'll hold it in seeing as I'll probably offend... everyone here xd But still, this is just ridiculous x_X  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:50 pm
It's ok now.. I settled down, and since I aired my unhappiness, I feel better. I really have to thank everyone here for supporting me, it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:46 pm
I think you have some rather nice outfits, myself.

But yes, some folks that tend to be about in the arean do tend to be rather snobbish. ._.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:52 pm
A little too snobbish.  

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WhoGuru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:08 pm
A~Izzy~A
A little too snobbish.

Snobbish and lacking in taste. Seems all they want anymore are clutter avi's. You can pretty much forget it if your avi is actually themed and well constructed. rolleyes I've been burned in the arena more times than I can count. The last 3 I entered should have done really well, if anyone had good taste. lol Instead I got pelted with 'you're not using enough items!" comments.
To which I reply...bite me.

...yet I still keep forking out the 1k once a month or so and signing myself up for the abuse. sigh. I can't help myself. xd  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff