Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:04 am
may i preface this by saying i personally have no issue with responsible, sterile home piercing armed with the proper knowledge, tools and equipment. i don't, however, support kids running off with safety pins to add more holes to their body to be "cool". i see quite a few people chewed out in the mod guilds for their uneducated approach to piercing and tattooing, much of it to do with home-done/self-done mods. i have made those poor decisions in the past, but now i'm on my way to learning as much as i can - i hope i don't flare anybody's tempers with this.

my friends and i, however, do quite a bit of sterile body piercing - one of them was my nostril, a pretty standard piercing. and it's healing up fine. the only problem is that i chose a particularly strange location - we pierced through the thickest part of the nostril, high up on the ridge towards the end of the crease. looks great, is healing fine, but...i can't find any jewelry for the damn thing! every nose bone i bought is too short, and longer jewelry i have to straighten and then rebend (which a pain in the @$$) once it's in, because i can't get the curved loop through such a thick piercing.

any suggestions? my closest bet seems to be those long, straight titanium nostril screws from anatometal that you bend yourself, but considering how much anatometal jewelry is (even wholesale - the company is from my hometown and their main outlet is near my house) i don't want to splurge on something like that unless i can bet on it working.

does anyone know how to bend a nostril screw AFTER you put it in? are there longer-than-standard nose bones one can purchase? is titanium jewelry a b!tch to tweak with? oh, and lastly, is there any chance i'll even be able to wear a nose ring?

any help is appreciated!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 am
i dont have my nose pierced.. but i do sell body jewelry(have been for a year now) so ill try to recommend what a grrl with your same issue did.

your right going with the straight ones... they dont stay in as good(well depending on how you bend them) but they are longer and you get to choose to bend them where you want. get a thin one probably 20g(im sure you could use thicker if you want, but the thinner they are the easier they are to bend..)
for you to be able to bend them in your nose they need to be thinnn enough you can stick them in and stick your finger up your nose and bend them. ive seen it done. lol. probably bend them slightly, just a small bend.

i just looked up those straight titanium ones at anatometal and i think those might work. but i really think ss is easy to bend.

nose screws are soooo hard to bend in your nose. i mean i use pliers to bend them at work... lol.. its hard to get that curl out.

you could probably wear a ring... but i think youd need a over sized one so it might look funni.. but hell id try it anyways lol.
if you lived in Michigan id make you come to my shop. lol.

again tho. i think the straight ones will work the best for you. i hope this helps some...

what do you have in it right now?  

Veya Starr Davis

Blessed Harvester

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:33 pm
thank you so much for the advice veya xd i think i'll go with the straight anatometal onces. i currently have a straightened screw in (silver...ick, but it's healing fine) which i had to rebend upon putting it. i'm hoping to switch to something i can keep in longer and is less likely to break. we'll see, i guess crying  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:06 am
good luck hun!
lol eee silver. xd show us pics when it heals.. or just when you feel like it.  

Veya Starr Davis

Blessed Harvester

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

apanda999

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:48 pm
The nostril screws without the pre-bent fish tails are very easy to find. Personally, I would just repierce the friggin thing. That would drive me nuts! But I am a stickler for proper placement

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:58 am
Veya Starr Davis
i dont have my nose pierced.. but i do sell body jewelry(have been for a year now) so ill try to recommend what a grrl with your same issue did.

your right going with the straight ones... they dont stay in as good(well depending on how you bend them) but they are longer and you get to choose to bend them where you want. get a thin one probably 20g(im sure you could use thicker if you want, but the thinner they are the easier they are to bend..)
for you to be able to bend them in your nose they need to be thinnn enough you can stick them in and stick your finger up your nose and bend them. ive seen it done. lol. probably bend them slightly, just a small bend.

i just looked up those straight titanium ones at anatometal and i think those might work. but i really think ss is easy to bend.

nose screws are soooo hard to bend in your nose. i mean i use pliers to bend them at work... lol.. its hard to get that curl out.

you could probably wear a ring... but i think youd need a over sized one so it might look funni.. but hell id try it anyways lol.
if you lived in Michigan id make you come to my shop. lol.

again tho. i think the straight ones will work the best for you. i hope this helps some...

what do you have in it right now?

Where do you live in Michigan?? That's where I live razz  

popcornsharingbox

Veya Starr Davis

Blessed Harvester

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:03 pm
Washington twp. "Northern Detriot"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:42 am
Veya Starr Davis
Washington twp. "Northern Detriot"

Hm.. I live by Ann Arbor.  

popcornsharingbox

Veya Starr Davis

Blessed Harvester

9,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 am
thats not far from me. my friend use to go to u of m so i use to go there alot..
you just reminded: theres a sweet arcade and anime shop there i wanna visit soon.. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:47 am
Veya Starr Davis
thats not far from me. my friend use to go to u of m so i use to go there alot..
you just reminded: theres a sweet arcade and anime shop there i wanna visit soon.. lol
Wizzy Wigs! I use to drive from Toledo up there all the time. I love that place. They moved it though since I was last up there I believe. It use to be across from the Necto but I don't think it is anymore.  

Samasu

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:09 pm
Samasu
Veya Starr Davis
Wizzy Wigs! I use to drive from Toledo up there all the time. I love that place. They moved it though since I was last up there I believe. It use to be across from the Necto but I don't think it is anymore.

Yeah Wizzywigs isn't there anymore D: I was pretty sad. There are still some really neat things to check out in Ann Arbor. Bubble Island(mmmm bubble tea...), Digital Ops(gaming center right next to where wizzywigs used to be), necto on monday nights for their industrial/goth night, pangea piercing right by urban outfitters on south state street, random head shops, random other interesting shops, pinball pete's arcade... and then there are people like me who just walk around the campus(the diag) on nice days and people watch.

As for anime stuff, though, once a month, a group holds 'Animania', a full day of anime in one of the buildings. It's really neat although I haven't gone in a long time. THe website is http://umich.edu/~animania if you wanna check it out.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games