Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Did anyone else notice..? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elf Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:36 pm
Did anyone else notice that in the later eps of sailor moon sailor Venus' personality COMPLETLY changed?? She was sooo AWESOME in sailor moon R and S, but on sailor Stars they made her like an airhead. She was really annoying later, and she's always been my fave. Or is it just me being TOO into the character, please tell me someone else noticed this lol... emo  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:54 pm
Unfortunetly I have not yet watched the stars series.
But through out the anime I think all of the girls have had their
air headed moments. Not air heads completely; just their "huh?" kinda things. razz  

GHC- Renge Houshakuji

yamisukui

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:14 pm
Gimme some ideas of what you mean by "airheaded" exactly. I 'm not being confrontational I'm just curious because I have a theory about that and I wonder if it will help answer your question. I did notice her being a little more ditzy but there are some reasons for that.

My theory(s) are that she is one of the more "experienced" Scouts. When she is first introduced she has been fighting as Sailor V, then as Sailor Venus with Artemis long before the other inner Senshi who all start out fairly clueless and inexperienced at the time so if you compare them in R her character is all cool and "mature"in comparison, not that the others aren't awesome but you know what I mean.

Her role is also slightly above that of the other inner Senshi because, technically, she is the "Captain of the Guard" and Usagis' official "Kagemusha" or body double. So she has that whole aura of command going on. The anime doesn't go too in depth with it but do hint at her role and it's pointed out in a big way in the manga and live action versions.

Also, since she's been lone wolfin it and fighting alone at first, the fact she now shares the burden of battle with strong friends she can relax more and enjoy the things that she enjoys "normal" things. Alot of, most of, the episodes focus on the girls trying to balance fighting evil and their normal lives. So now that weight has been eased she can "act her age".

The only other thing is that her big dream is too be an idol and she's in love with the entertainment industry so to speak and the whole series involves that industry, the Sailor Stars and all, and she gets a shot at becoming an idol during the series. So she would be geeked for most of the Stars series which is also one of the darker seasons.

Wow that was all long and drawn out... oh well, wonder if that helped answer your question.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:35 pm
mmmm not really. Its just that well.. I've been obsessed with sailor moon since the 1990's and I know Sailor Venus' personality all teh way around, cut, uncut, dubbbed, subbed, manga and anime.. and in majority of those things her personality does a BIG change towards the end. Your description of her WAS PERFECT but it didn't seem that way in the last 2 seasons because She was no longer idolized for being sailor V, Nor did sailor V ever come up. But she she acted all groupie like and obsessed with boys, and saying dumb things that she NEVER would have said in the earlier seasons.

I think I'm just thinking to hard, but I was checking if anyone had that theory lol. Thanks for your input xd  

Elf Dynasty

yamisukui

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm
What I meant by the whole Sailor V thing was that because she wasn't Sailor V anymore doing the whole "Lone Wolf/Ranger" thing, she could chill out and be a teenage girl now that she has people to back her up. I didn't mean that being idolized as Sailor V went to her head.

In Stars too she ends up going for her dream of being an idol and, as you know biggrin , get pretty freakin close. Not to mention she was around a sexy, popular boy band fairly often so I think it'd be understandable if she got a little distracted. Not only that, but maybe she was just longing for love, so to speak.

If you mean the whole backwards use of metaphors thing she kept doing, and getting wrong, it doesn't seem too weird because she never use to use sayings and metaphors before. When the girls were doing their group study sessions wasn't the subject Minako had the most issues with literature/"English"? Maybe that's the deal with the "dumb blonde" moments because, aside from the boy-crazy thing, that's the only time I recall her acting stupid.

I may be wrong but thanks for complimenting me on my SM geek-age. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:01 pm
i think that was b/c sailor venus became less serious now that shes on a team and has friends. as sailor v she had to be more aware b/c she was fighting alone. later in da series she probably finally ajusted. plus usagi was probably an influecnc to. ive also read somewhere (i think it was mangastyle.net) that sailor moon was based of sailor v so usagi and minako act similar at times. sailor v hair was also supposed to be in an odango style. sailor moons original fuku also looked like sailor v. xd  

SailorX2

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Elf Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:14 pm
ooohh.. I didn't think of it that way xp cool, i see now.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:09 pm
I know!!! she's one of my favorite characters.
I always wanted to be sailor venus ( i know that's a little weird)

She turns out to be like Usagi (serena) which is annoying.  

ahrey666

SereneKittenB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:08 pm
I guess it was because she had to fill important roles which may have made her be a lone wolf and serious. I mean it must have been stressful pretending to be the princess then having to also be the leader of the sailor scouts. I think once she was able to be free of the role of fake princess and deal with being a leader of the scouts that's when she started to get close with the other scouts and was able to be her silly romance, star searching and at times airhead self. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:43 am
Hmm, I don't remember that, then again I barely remember anything about her... I do remember her in the first episodes she appeared, but I never got to saw her in the others  

FantasyFollower

Chibimd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:19 am
domokun yup i noticed... i was choked but i guess they wanted to make her more funny or something heart  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:01 pm
Not really. She reminds me a lot of me, so it doesn't seem weird because I have those sides too.  

-Sailor Spira-

sosnoel

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:55 pm
Yeah.. I kinda noticed it.... The only time she seems to be herself is when she talks about her dreams about being a superstar/idol or when giving advice.... but later she ends up being airhead-ish like Serena. She is kawaii (cute) though...

Maybe she's hiding the genius in her so that she doesn't turn out like Amy. lol Just kidding

OMG I JUST REALIZED!! SERENA IS RUBBING OFF ON HER! blaugh

I still love her though and I bet many others still do.... heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:28 am
Well it's been a while since I posted.

Now I HAVE watched the stars series.

YES I agree, in the beginning when they first introduced Sailor Venus to the group, she was really cool and mature, and as the seasons got later, she was just another Sailor Moon.  

GHC- Renge Houshakuji

shorty1587

900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:49 pm
I saw her character change, but that was because situations changed. She did not know what she was getting herself into. When it is a life and death situation all the sailor scouts become really mature. Plus she does not have tuxedo mask, which can make any girls personality change.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff