Submit

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:20 am
I swiped my bro-in-law's game when he stopped playing and am replaying it.

Damn, I forgot how hard the start is when I start with Chikorita. So I bred a Cyndaquil and a Pichu for my Gold game. I'm now to Azalia, with a team at about 12 all around of Pichu, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Sentret, and Wooper. (Nothing else--I've got stuff in the box but I'll probably not touch it until )I think this game will have the Team of Things Neth Rarely Uses. (Yes, even in the case of Cyndaquil; normally I bump my fire starter for a Vulpix first chance I get, since they are my favorites. I could not do this in Fire Red.)

Once I catch Suicune on Crystal, I can track all three beasts on all my games (I traded mine from my old Crystal game before I gave it to a friend). Crystal's going to annoy me because you have to have all three Beasts to get Ho-oh. Then again, I will have two Master Balls so I won't have to chase them (and I didn't shark any in; I broke my gameshark and need a new one).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:23 am
Nethilia
Crystal's going to annoy me because you have to have all three Beasts to get Ho-oh. .
Heh, good thing I plan on catching those two in their respective games at level 40. biggrin  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:11 am
ZeekSlider
Nethilia
Crystal's going to annoy me because you have to have all three Beasts to get Ho-oh. .
Heh, good thing I plan on catching those two in their respective games at level 40. biggrin

You don't have a choice in Crystal. It's at lv 70, IIRC. And near-OC me will want each game to have its respective set. If I had my 'shark I'd give them all their own Celebi the hard way.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:28 am
Nethilia
ZeekSlider
Nethilia

You don't have a choice in Crystal. It's at lv 70, IIRC. And near-OC me will want each game to have its respective set. If I had my 'shark I'd give them all their own Celebi the hard way.
*sigh*.... Celebi... I'll never have thee... sad

And, yeah, I know I don't have a choice in Crystal, but thankfully I also have both Gold and Silver, which features Level 40 Ho-oh and Lugia. 3nodding  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:15 am
It's actually harder to start with Chikorita in Silver. Weedles are more common than Caterpies in Silver. Ow. The first two towns are a real pain.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:22 am
Jishin
It's actually harder to start with Chikorita in Silver. Weedles are more common than Caterpies in Silver. Ow. The first two towns are a real pain.
Only in the morning when bugs our out and plentiful. That's partly why I train in the afternoon to night time back when I had a Silver game. All the bugs I wanted anyways were all available in the Bug Contest... except for the Ladybug one.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Fischer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:51 pm
ZeekSlider
Jishin
Only in the morning when bugs our out and plentiful. That's partly why I train in the afternoon to night time back when I had a Silver game. All the bugs I wanted anyways were all available in the Bug Contest... except for the Ladybug one.

SCYTHER!
I always catch a Scyther first chance I get, in any of the games. I was really PO'd when they took him out of Ru/Saph. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:14 pm
ZeekSlider
Nethilia
ZeekSlider
Nethilia

*sigh*.... Celebi... I'll never have thee... sad

And, yeah, I know I don't have a choice in Crystal, but thankfully I also have both Gold and Silver, which features Level 40 Ho-oh and Lugia. 3nodding

I have all three games. Mmm, chasing dogs.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:35 pm
Lexa's Gold >>> All her other versions.

I found it easier to catch the Johto Trio in Crystal than in any other version. neutral

Dunno why, but every time I restarted it, I had caught the three before I was halfway through with Kanto. Whereas, in my Gold, I think I've encountered.. Entei...... once.

Out of two hundred hours of gameplay.

OMGT3HIRONY. :0

I have the strange urge to /play/ my Gold now..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:39 pm
Mmmm.....I love chasing the Legendary Dogs. It's so fun, and the chase is part of why I grew to adore them so much. I usually run into Raikou first, and Entei last. The trick to encountering them is to train in the grasses, a lot. Even just walking in them when you can, since they change Route when you change Route or enter a building/cave/etc.  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items