Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
OFF TOPIC

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:07 pm
I'm going to make this thread and see who first realizes that it's off topic.

Then they have to post something incredibly off-topic in it and PM me.

Then we wait to see who else realizes it's off topic.

The tenth person to realize it (no cheating and telling them it's here!) will get a prize. (Honor system - you must post once you find this thread!)

I imagine this off-topic semi-game will end next year. In May. Or something. mrgreen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:11 pm
When mountaineering, always bring a bunny.  

phlipp

Lidaby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:01 am
Doctors at Vancouver's St. Paul's Hospital came across something highly illogical when they tried to put an arterial line into a patient about to undergo surgery: his blood was dark green.

Arterial lines are used to monitor blood pressure during an operation; any blood that flows when the line is inserted into the artery should be vivid red, the sign it has been oxygenated.

"During insertion, we normally see arterial blood come out. That's how we know we're in the right place. And normally that blood is bright red, as you would expect in an artery," Flexman said in an interview Thursday. "But in his case, the blood kept coming back as dark green instead of bright red."

Samples were rushed off to the lab, which quickly ruled out a dangerous condition called methemoglobin, in which the hemoglobin in the blood can't bind to oxygen. The next day, the lab reported it had detected sulfhemoglobin, a condition thought to be triggered by some medications.

"It's so rare that we don't have a perfect understanding how it happens, but some drug donates a sulphur group that binds to the hemoglobin molecule and prevents it from binding to oxygen," Flexman explains. "And that gives it the green colour."

She and her colleagues believe the condition may have been brought on by the man's migraine medication, sumatriptan, which he was taking in higher-than-advised doses, though they can't prove it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:10 pm
personaly, I think that Frodo was cheating. It's just not possible to get a level one halfling past a giant spider without some loaded dice.  

deje rah

Familiar Phantom

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games