Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Continental Drift.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paid2Panic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 pm
Well, okay. Im not much of a big poster here.. and well I am not sure I have ever actually posted my work. So this is something that just came to mind, and I thought I might share.

Continental Drift.

Eternities passed before we came together;
Like continents colliding,
It took us a while.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:20 pm
I like it, it simple but you can see a bit of a story if you think about it.  

Flowers For Demon Horns

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:23 pm
It's quite a powerful simile.

I like how it can connect two humans, two seemingly unimportant dots on the planet, to the masses of land that make up the planet. It alludes to how love can make everything so relevant and hyperbolic.

If you ever feel the inspiration to write a poem based entirely on geology symbolism, I'd love to read it. Even if you add a couple lines to what you have here.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:57 pm
Actually your future predicted this. Not the poem, the event. If it's true. *shrug* If not it might have been the poem.

I love it. <33333 It's got all the flow and beauty of poetry without the rhyming and the length. In face I think it might count as a poem anyway. *shrug* A rose by any other name and all of that, though. Whatever you call it, it's wonderful; simple yet it tells all.  

KirbyVictorious

Voxxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:44 pm
It was simple. Nice, though. In the words of S-chan, it's "Kind of like comparing a red poppy to a daisy. Sure, the poppy's flashy, but the daisy means something."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:07 pm
Thank you all. 3nodding  

Paid2Panic

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas