Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
The Ninth Degree Part One: Deal With the Devil

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Because I want mah damn
  oranges!
  Don't pick this option. Seriously.
View Results

Voxxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:09 pm
There was a time once when I thought there was just heaven and hell. Now, I know better. I’m sitting here in Lou’s office, and you know what I’m doing?
Filling out my résumé. It goes a little something like this:

“Have you ever killed a man?”

No.
Yes. Once.

No.

“Do you own any weapons?”

Do stiletto heels count?

“How many times have you lied in the past week?”

Once. Well, I mean, "once" counting now, I haven't needed to lie for a while.

"How many of the seven deadly sins have you committed in your lifetime?"

“For G—” I stop mid-God. I know better than to say the G-word down here. “For pity’s sake, Lou, this is ridiculous! I mean, look at me…”
He gives me a lazy once-over from his chair behind the desk (it’s actually more like a throne—purple leather and tiger stripes with gold backing) and shrugs.
“That, my little lady, is the standard résumé down here. If you don’t like it, go find a job somewhere else.”
Glaring, I bang my hand on his desk for dramatic effect. "I don't want a job somewhere else. I want this one."
Uh-oh. I can tell he's not too pleased with my flippancy--his eyes are flashing fire. That's grade A blue flame, people. Then a beat. He disappears from the chair so quickly that I don’t even have time to process his absence before I can feel his breath on the back of my neck while I shiver.
“You know, I really hate it when you do that.”
“What?” he asks, feigning innocence. “This?”
Like a flash, he’s gone, and by the time I whirl around, he's already behind me.... again.
“How do you do that?" I demanded. "I bet that drives your girlfriend crazy.”
“Which girlfriend?”
I sigh. “Look, this job—I really need this job.”
His eyes flash minor annoyance. “No, Sarah, you want this job. You don’t need anything. Especially not from someone like me.”
“So true. And yet…”
I pull myself up to my full height--it's not much--and give the devil my best death-glare. I can just see it—my posture screams dignity. Lou giggles in his chair.
“I just want to see some justice." I tell him. "It’s not much to ask.”
“I wouldn’t call it justice.”
“What would you call it?”
“A done deal.” He proffers his hand—I think I’m supposed to shake it, but I hate the smirk on his face. I know this smirk—I’ve seen it a thousand times.
Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?

Ignoring my better judgment, I reign in what’s left of my dignity and shake hands with my new boss.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:23 pm
Deals with the devil...are you trying to tell us something Voxxx?

But seriously, I like this so far, and by the looks of things, this may turn into a laugh-out loud comedy. More please!  

LyricalMiracle

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:16 pm
i think i would really like to see more of this. seriously.

I did notice a typo, though. "I band my hand" I assume you meant "banged" unless there is some definition of band I'm not aware of (totally possible).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:30 pm
Thanks, flicker--you're right. I didn't even notice.  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:27 pm
hurry up and finiiiiiiiish.

You should wake up more often at 4 in the morning. Just...don't wake me up too. X.x  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:45 pm
I agree with the others!
I'd like to see what happens next. =d

Oukow

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out