Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
what happend?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Craeosh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:37 am
What happend to old anime, well ill tell ya... THINGS LIKE NARUTO CAME ALONG AND RUINED IT.. RUINED EVERY THING LIKE LUPON THE THIRD...

grrrr makes me wanna erm... burning_eyes i admit some new animes are OK but still i miss teh old anime and naruto... naruto mus DIE i absaloutely hate the english format of naruto! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

(random topic... was bored and all of this is my opinion and im intitled to that xD so ya)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:39 am
u may try to argue... but shall not sucseed...  

Craeosh

Liliya_Mingi88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:24 pm
What anime do you lilke? why do you hate Naruto so much? please explain  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:17 am
Naruto was a good series. Then they dubbed it into english poorly. I personally still stay true to the japanese releases of the manga... Its alot easier, and less fillers. Shippuden brought hope back to the anime watching community.

Personally, I wasn't too fond of Lupin the Third. It wasn't as funny as I kept being told. But to everyone their own. I want to see Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne dubbed well. sad

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

ZarialAmeraise

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm
i agree that most anime and manga now sucks, but there are good ones out there. quite a few if you know were to look.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:42 pm
Liliya_Mingi88
i like bleach 1 piece .hack ect. but the reason why i hate naruto so much is that it pushed all the other animes out like one piece do you ever see that playing any more? didnt think so  

Craeosh

ZarialAmeraise

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:05 pm
themomo1
Liliya_Mingi88
i like bleach 1 piece .hack ect. but the reason why i hate naruto so much is that it pushed all the other animes out like one piece do you ever see that playing any more? didnt think so

actualy, yes. (at least where i live.)

one peice (english dub) is currently playing on toasted tv (a kids morning show) every weekday mornig at 7:30 on chanel 10, while the jap version plays on mondays at 9:00 on abc.

.//hack is playing on sbs on thursday nights at 8:00, and bleach plays just after .//hack.

the english dub naruto is on pay tv. while the jap version (without the crappy 'belive it " catch phrase) s on at 9:00pm thursday nights.

deathnote will soon be on sbs, and prime is getting a few anime shows later on this year, as is win.

there you have it. all free tv tatons here have anime.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:22 pm
Lucky you. Most people don't have that. :/

One Piece was poorly dubbed. I wouldn't watch it even when it was playing. .Hack is one of those series you have to have a marathon of, otherwise things stop making sense. @@ Bleach is a better manga anyway...

Go watch Serial Experiments Lain. Nao.

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Nilonim Rhyl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:27 pm
a good anime is Shakugan no SHANA
FMA bleach hellsing Elfen lied at least i like those

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:47 pm
Lieutenant Sarach Hawkeye
Lucky you. Most people don't have that. :/

One Piece was poorly dubbed. I wouldn't watch it even when it was playing. .Hack is one of those series you have to have a marathon of, otherwise things stop making sense. @@ Bleach is a better manga anyway...

Go watch Serial Experiments Lain. Nao.

i do feel lucky. XD i know, i hate english dub one peice. (and naruto.)  

ZarialAmeraise

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:19 am
Subbed is the only way to be for the win. Naruto did a little better for itself in Shippuden, and either dub was far better than anything One Piece had going for it. Not saying that the Naruto dub was good. It was just a lesser evil.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:32 pm
i just hate how america takes the japanese formats and totaly americanizez it...sanji in one piece for example... in the japanese format all his atack names are french.. but in america you have to take all the french names and make thim americanized SANJI"S SPECIAL MOVE IS CALLED BBQ RIB KICK SUPRIZE!... WTF IS THAT?!??!?!?!?!?!  

Craeosh

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:25 pm
They geared a teenage-aimed series for smaller children. They simply changed the audience. The harder core fans will still be watching via fan-subs. Welcome to the way of life.

Who remembers VHS? How you could buy episodes in english, or in japanese, and the japanese ones were always more expensive? How you had to be decently connected to hear about anything updated in the anime world? Truely, the advents of DVDs and the Internet made anime the wide base that it is.

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games