Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
"Empty Ambition" preview

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:50 pm
You wish to save him? Why? Is he truly a benefit to your team?

It was his foolish mistake. I would not burden yourself with saving him.

Ritz called out from behind the control panel, "Spyke, we have more coming in, east bound! There's hundreds of them!"

Spyke wiped the blood off his forehead and readied his pistols.

"Well then... let's see what a bunch of empty memories are made of."

The group Empties burst through the doorway and Spyke's pistols sprang to life.

Love... that's what he called it. Your friend Brian was a victim to that idea of "love".

It is a joke, really. The physical attraction between two beings. Yet the human species seems to think there is much more complexity to it.

"Brian!" Spyke was helpless at the edge of the Empty lake. "Come on, buddy! You can do it!"

But Brian sank deeper.

"No, Spyke... I screwed up... just turn around..."

"BRIAN!"

And now look! Your friend is wrapped in a cocoon of the Empty. Within a week he will have been reduced from his physical form into a magical body of a memory... a memory of love.

A memory of something so powerful... and yet so simple.

The mouse hopped up onto to the crate and looked Spyke in the eye.

"Eh... so you know where the Empties are?" Spyke said with hesitation.

"Yup!" said the mouse. "Show me your ship and I'll input the coordinates!"

"Wow, a mouse..." said Spyke, "Definitely something Brian would be all over if he was here..."

I shall not be leaving any breadcrumbs for you on this adventure, Spyke.

Pray that luck is on your side.

And hope your memories don't betray you.

"Spyke!" Ritz said and shook him harder. "What did he sound like?"

"Sound like?" Then it occured to Spyke what she meant. "Oh... well yeah, it was weird. The whole time he was giving his anti-love speech, he sounded much more complex than a normal empty... like an actual person. What does this mean?"

Ritz sat down, wide-eyed. "That's what I feared..."

"What? What is it!?"

Ritz closed her eyes. "... I have no idea what we're dealing with. All I know is that they want more with Brian's body than to just turn him into one of their mindless soldiers.

The Empty are up to something. Let's go, Spyke."

- - - - - - - -

Author's Note:Another book in my three novela project. It'll be interesting, since I'm trying something a little more dramatic and thought-provoking.

I need to expand my horizons out of comedy... so this is my weak attempt xd

This one will be finished after "Brian's Adventure" so expect it sometime late January.

Oh, and the fact that I just bought Final Fantasy XII means that this could take a lot longer than anticipated. Just a warning
xd

Author's Note 2: Heh, I realized I didn't really explain the Empty that well. The Empty are human shaped 'lifeforms' that have powers pertaining to what memory they're composed of. Memories of Happiness and Love are the strongest (depending on the amount), while memories of Sadness and Anger will be slightly less powerful.

They're an enemy of Brian and Spyke from an older series (back in the days of my DeviantArt site.) How they're created and their overall goal is all shrouded in mystery.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:45 pm
ooOOOOoOOoOOOOoo!  

KirbyVictorious

Voxxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:03 pm
Sounds kind of Kingdom Hearts-y. I love it already! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:43 pm
I can picture this as one of the greatest video games ever for some reason. >w<  

Oukow

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:36 pm
I play RPG's and Action Adventure games a lot, so thusly my writing is inspired by them. Expect a complete Final Fantasy XII rip-off in the coming months xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:23 pm
xD Lawl  

Oukow

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:29 pm
Hmm.. Im intrigued.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers