Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:05 pm
Hey Everybody! This guild is a place for all of you to discuss your favorite books, or post your writing.

You can talk about any books you want really, although try not to start too many threads concerning popular books, such as Harry Potter or Twilight. Try to stick to two or three for those. There are subforums for different genres now, so please utilize the main forum for general discussion.

Please make sure you are posting in the correct subforum. If you are unsure of where to post, just give your best guess and I'll move it if need be.

If you want to talk about book-based movies as well, that is fine. In fact, a movies subforum will be up in the next couple of days.

Try to use proper English in this guild. I know a lot of people aren't really concerned with their grammar, but it really bugs me when you can barely understand what some people are saying. If you decide to post actual writing, however, PLEASE at least spellcheck it in Microsoft Word before posting it.

When discussing someone's posted writing, please do not comment rudely, only considerate constructive criticism is welcome.
You can post any type of writing you like, so long as it's no higher than a PG-13 rating and it's not too long. I'll let you guys be the judges of what "too long" is, but if I start getting 100 page posts, I'm putting up a limit.

A new rule has recently been added to ensure the activity of members. It hasn't really started yet, but I'll be sending a PM around to let you guys know about it. It'll probably start at the beginning of September, maybe a little later. We are asking that you post at least twice every two weeks. If you are incapable of doing so for a specific time period, please PM me or post in the Temporary Departure sticky. Otherwise you will most likely be banned. Please do not take this personally, we are just trying to keep the members active. And you are also welcome to get back into the guild by sending in a join request.

Please utilize this page to introduce yourselves and ask any questions about the guild. Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I am penandpaper67 and I'm the creator of this guild! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:56 pm
Hello! So I started reading Fell by David Clement Davies. So far it's really good. It feels just like old times because I read The Sight and both stories take place in the same world. I hope that doesn't sound weird! Anyway, am I really the first person to join this guild?? whee YEAYYYYYY!  

5 to midnight
Crew

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:58 pm
Yeah, you are. If you really like Fell after you finish it you should start a new thread about it and The Sight. I saw it at the bookstore actually. It looks pretty good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:04 pm
I'm only on chapter two....so I'm not that far. However it's really good so far. It is from Fell's perspective. He's really just been reminisiming and it is a little sad hearing about Larka again. Oh well I will just have to read the book.  

5 to midnight
Crew

Demonic_Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:34 am
Hello. My name's Tessa and i'm a writer. I love to read too. Thank you to penandpaper for inviting me to this guild. I hope to post my writing sometime here and to get people's feedback.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:33 am
Hello Tessa! It's very nice to meet you! 3nodding  

5 to midnight
Crew

Inepta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:33 am
Hi there! Althought I write some things I do it my language (polish) course my written english is, well I can make some sort of understandings in most common english but I don't fell so comfortable with it to write... But still I like english literature and feel so good there is a place in here where I can talk about it, or read some of it I see wink - thank You wery much!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:48 am
Hi peoples! Thanks for inviting me to this guild. I like to both read and write, though I'm convinced my writing is horrible. You're not likely to find any of my writing on here, but if you do, good luck enjoying it...  

Adurna Blaze

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:51 am
Your writing probably isn't that bad. Very few people actually like their writing the first time around.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:52 am
penandpaper67
Your writing probably isn't that bad. Very few people actually like their writing the first time around.

Hah. I wrote for years, and could never bring myself to like my writing. I don't know many people who actually do enjoy their writing. You still have to get it out there and get people's opinions on it, though. Oh dear, I went on a tangent.

Hello all *waves* I'm twilightchild18, but you can call me twilight, hey you, or whatever suits you. Thank you very much for inviting me to this guild, though I'm extremely curious as to how you found me, or knew I enjoyed reading so much o.o you must have ninja skills, penandpaper67. By the way, I am extremely random, so sorry if that bothers you smile  

eeveelicious

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:29 pm
hey there, my name is Gwendolyn and I'm an aspiring journalist. Its ironic to be invited to this guild (thanks penandpaper) because just today I was looking up a good writers guild to join (considering i DO NOT lol have enough gold to make my own, its serious coin man.)

I also attempt to write books, then when I get half way through I hate it and throw it out. I'm working on one right now actually.

I'm almost 19, I'm a freshman in college and recently.. ive only been reading the twilight series and i'm starting on Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, saw the movie now I must read about Hunter S. Thomson. pirate

yep so w00t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm
Hey im Lexilu
I am a passive and passionate reader and writer and u can usually find my face buried in a good horror book, about vamps usually or sometimes romances and occasional chick flick stuff. i don't write much i just don't have the confidence really. I know i can write but, I don't know, i guess I'd need support on it.
Thanks for inviting me to the guild!  

LexiLu Latte

serephemeral
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:20 pm
Hello, all! I'm Sera. I like to write (obviously) and an addicted to reading. Right now I have a rather large stack of books glaring at me from next to my bed, and it seems to keep growing! As is the list of unfinished novels on my computer. Ah, well. I'll get around to it eventually!

Thanks for the invite, penandpaper!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:35 pm
Hey, I'm Sarah. I love to read, and often times my homework fails to be completed because of it. From the beginning of last year, I tried to take up writing, so far, so good. I have found it to be quite fun. biggrin I can't wait to participate in this guild, and thanks for inviting me. I really appreciate it.  

wonderful nonsense

Dapper Explorer

Inepta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm
rain-ever-falling
I love to read, and often times my homework fails to be completed because of it.

The same with me XD  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces