Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAG-Really Awesome Guild *free contest over 1 mil in Prizes*

Back to Guilds

the ants go marching one-by-one, Hurrah! Hurrah! 

Tags: Cool, Zombies, Music, Friends, Awesome 

Reply "Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."
Holy ******** it's raining outside. [contest feedback needed] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:41 pm

OK, I'm counting the recent member drive as a success for what it was.

The main problems I see with it:
Made current member feel excluded. [I really felt that we should of had a way for current member to enjoy it also but at the time I wasn't as concerned since I could count the current member on one hand]

The amount of time I had to put into it. [It really did take a lot of effort just with keeping up and replying to the PMs. Had I been working it would have been near impossible. Also just not being able to be at the thread making sure people are following the rules.]

Prizes. I didn't really put any real thought into what type of things would bring people into the thread. It was more just looking at my mules and gathering stuff I didn't want anymore. I think my katana giveaway was way better just because it's an item not many people can afford. But I wanted to give people more chances to win by giving away several cheaper Item rather that one big one.

The good things:
We gained about 70 new members. [And a lot of them have stayed and expresses real interest in our guild.]

Sigs[ I know we reached a few people by sigs and by making them part of the contest I think it's a great way to reach members in all different forums of Gaia.]

New members actually posting.[ So many members with 0 posts, they come in, they never post they leave and don't really come back. ]

Ok, so discuss. If all goes well our next member drive should start sometime around the 12th. How can we make this better?

My ideas for the next contest: Cash shop items. I just hate that some people can't afford them and they're so ******** expensive in the marketplace.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:16 am

Yes, rather than one big prize, maybe it'd be better with several 'smaller' prizes. 5 items worth 20-30k each rather than one item worth 100k++. Besides, there'd be more items for more people...
While this is a contest to get in more members, maybe we could make a contest for regulars. Members who haven't been in the guild for at least x months may not join... blah blah blah.
Have more people helping to take care of the contests? Form a special committee? Person A is responsible for prizes, B's responsible for taking care of the questions, and C's responsible to care for the thread... Something like that?

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

Inferno Breeze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:30 am

I personally hate these but: recruiting contest - points for each person recruited, each post by person recruited, and for each person that person recruits etc.

And to handle the workload, maybe you could give the other officers access to the guild mule? So its not just you and john who have to administrate the contest boards and stuff?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Luneatha
Yes, rather than one big prize, maybe it'd be better with several 'smaller' prizes. 5 items worth 20-30k each rather than one item worth 100k++. Besides, there'd be more items for more people...
While this is a contest to get in more members, maybe we could make a contest for regulars. Members who haven't been in the guild for at least x months may not join... blah blah blah.
Have more people helping to take care of the contests? Form a special committee? Person A is responsible for prizes, B's responsible for taking care of the questions, and C's responsible to care for the thread... Something like that?

See that was my thinking also. Smaller prizes giving more people a chance to win, but if you compare it to other giveaways, 1 large prize really seems to draw people in.

We can't really see the join date of members but I suppose we could go by posts. Like you must have 30 posts in the guild to participate or something like that?

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:22 pm

Inferno_Breeze
I personally hate these but: recruiting contest - points for each person recruited, each post by person recruited, and for each person that person recruits etc.

And to handle the workload, maybe you could give the other officers access to the guild mule? So its not just you and john who have to administrate the contest boards and stuff?

See we did do a recruiting contest something like that when RAG first opened, it went well. Problems I see with it, crew couldn't participate[we have major advantage with invite feature], Mules[I know not everyone has 10 mules that could pass for active accounts with little effort, but I kinda do D':], and just keeping track of who invited who might present a problem. Plus I kinda hate them too.

Well the crew kind has their own lives. Also confusion over who has done what and when. Things I don't know how to respond to[threats, holes in rules, people I feel are cheating, icky stuff.] I leave in the inbox until I can talk it over with john. If 4 people were answering PMs it would be easy to get mixed up. But I am going to get a few more people involved in hanging around the actual thread. I would like miss gaps of 30+ pages and not even be able to read what people were writing.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 pm

-+- idea

Someone PM'd Ragbank with this idea can't remember who.

The prizes are hidden in gift boxes.
Like out of 20 boxes we could fill 5 with nice items and the other 15 with crap like ubi ramen. [I meant crap in value on the vend not in actual awesomeness I heart ubi ramen, you wouldn't believe me if I tolds you how many I havexD]

I thought it was a rather fun idea. 3nodding

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:27 pm

You could split several contests,for each crew member,or some other really responsible member that would WANT to.(i wouldn't force people to. >.<)And the ones that wanted to could do several contest with different,or same prizes,except that would sort of mean giving up their stuff.I don't know though.They would have to have a lot of unwanted items other people would want. sweatdrop I don't think that would work.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:11 pm

who won said contest???? j/w

DuendeFire

Annafu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:30 pm

i like all the ideas :'D
esp. the cash shop one.
only problem i saw was with the you must have x number of posts one...
cause people will come and just bump however many times they need then never come back...
and i wouldnt call bumping 30 times active. :/

also:
would we even have enough to get items from the cash shop?
or would we need real money for it?
where would we get it?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:56 pm

@Annafu Well John and I will probably just buy the Gaia cash.

I know what you mean with the bumping. I really see almost no point in bumping at all in our guild. We're a slow moving forum so it's not like there's a chance a post will fall off the front page. But for new members it gives them a chance to post in a ..I don't know easy and comfortable way?XD

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Annafu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:31 am

@water:
ah, ok
well, you shouldnt go overboard with it then x:

also
i agree with the no bumping... xD
this place should be more spontaneous than a silly ole bump :b
but what i meant was that if you try to hold a contest for the older members so they dont feel left out, youre going to have a hard time doing it :/
cause you cant see the day people joined, so youd have to go by post number.
but if you say only people with x number of posts can join, newer people are going to go around bumping everything until they have enough posts to join :/
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:38 am

water_spirit

We can't really see the join date of members but I suppose we could go by posts. Like you must have 30 posts in the guild to participate or something like that?

Hmm... But we know who's actually hanging around, being active and who's just spamming/bumping. I wish Gaia would allow us to see when we joined our guilds. mad Maybe we should not allow spamming in the main forum? Dunno though, it might discourage people from posting...

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:49 pm

I wish my boss would just call me so I know my hours. I want to be here for the first days of the contests. Just like that a*****e to totally forget about me like always.

I hope he gets hit by a car.

Gosh this is getting complicated, maybe we should just run a contest to include anyone in RAG period?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 am

If our goal is to make the older members/regulars happy: Make a secret team. Guild mules or something. (sounds a bit like ninjas... Guild ninjas... I like the sound of that... xP) They can give out randomly to people, in random threads/posts especially if they're active, without saying what item they gave and who they gave it to. Who's going to do that? Some crew member. Or some selected people. If we make a contest like that... I guess you can say it's a bit unfair. Why do those people who've never posted and never appeared here and obviously someone we do not know deserve to win something fancy?

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

Annafu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 am

that whole mule ninja thing sounds kinda complicated too o.o
maybe we should i dunno....
do a lotto thingie?
for everyone?
so that way we can be prejudiced or something.
i dunno D:
it hurts my few brain cells :<
"Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas