Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Have you ever...? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The containers...
  Need to be filled with something colorful! :]
View Results

Great Aunt Gertrude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 am
Filled up a bottle or container with hundreds of something? {Such as origami stars or crocheted flowers.)

I have a lot of containers I want to fill with something. wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:41 pm
http://everlastingdream.deviantart.com/art/Catching-stars-in-a-bottle-21822944
I see jars of origami stars a lot.

As well of little bottles with oil, herbs, quartz crystals and stones.
http://izile.deviantart.com/art/Magic-Charms-Elemental-Set-73610745  

Frail Appetite

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:23 pm
I've got itty-bitty bottles of beads.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:46 pm
well i never really did it, but i really like to see bottles filed with lots of colorfully sweets.  

shani26

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:33 am
I have several different sizes of canning jars on my desk filled with things like writing implements, knitting needles and scissors and hair stuff. It's pretty bright and colorful and keeps things handy

One thing you can do is instead of just filling the containers with something colorful is use tissue or oragami paper and watered down elmer's glue to decapoge something on the outside of a clear jar to make it look like stained glass.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:44 am
I've filled bottles with paper/origami stars before, due to absolute boredom and the need to do something with my hands...

Coloured sand looks nice too. I knew someone who was really skilled in making images with coloured sand in bottles.

I've also seen bottles filled with rolled-up little paper scrolls that are filled with sentences of love/encouragement/praise.  

wynter_myst

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:40 am
I once filled up a bottle with marbles, only blue and green ones, and one red marble. I think it still stands on my desk at my parents' house.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm
I have an out of control garden in my back yard. It has a lot of lavender and other plants. At the end of every summer I cut them and stuff them into bottles and let them dry. The different plants make for a very colorful effect and someone who is hard-pressed to find somthing to season their food with can break the seal and use them (I only recommend it in absolute desprate situations as there are some very odd mixtures)

Aki Yasu

Jeni Huntington

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:13 pm
I fill mason jars with the vintage buttons I've collected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:33 pm
I filled a vase with dried rose flowers this evening. The hard part was getting all of the flowers to face the outside of the vase.  

Brunette_Star

dezignqueen209

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:13 pm
I have Ball Jar's filled with my sons marbles, rocks, old buttons, and another with change.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:15 am
Get a bag of bird seed. and about 30 different small objects no more than 1/2 inch in size. Fill a jar about 2 to 2 1/2 inches from top put the little trinkets on the top seal up the jar and than shake the snot out of the jar to mix up the trinkets. Write a list of what you put in there and then let people try to find all the objects in the Jar. I have on filled with things like a key, needle, bell, marble, smiley face, any way you get the picture. Cool project. You can even use plastic water bottle or pop bottles insed of jars.  

tamaja

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:15 pm
I have a jar of yarn. It's all the little scraps and leftovers from various projects.

Better than a jar of dirt? Oh yes, I think so!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

On a side note:
OMG I'm alive! rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 pm
I once (with the help of my other twoflatmates and a friend) filled my flatmates shower with balloons. It took over three hundred.  

Kiyoshi Masamune

sinnocence81

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:37 pm
My kids and I have stuffed different jars with pom-poms, colored feathers, and straws! We've also used marbles and shells. It just depends on the look you want! smile  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff