Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
can mccain win?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hello my name is rudy giuliani
View Results

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:37 pm
i hope so  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:48 pm
I personally want Mitt Romney to become president. McCain is a republican wanna be, This country can't handle a liberal republican.  

Raidoactive Kitty

Dapper Smoker

11,275 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

Mousers09

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Raidoactive Kitty
I personally want Mitt Romney to become president. McCain is a republican wanna be, This country can't handle a liberal republican.

Actually he's kinda at the point where he's considered conservative, but more liberal than the 'average' conservative, honestly I like him a little, but Mitt and Mike are my main peoplez!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm
i was leaning to words him but then he jumped on the global warming band waggon and that threw me off. then i was going to vote for Rudy..again with the liberal stace on gays and abortions..then i found Huckabee...and im scared of chuck norris  

Odin210

Mousers09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:17 pm
Odin210
i was leaning to words him but then he jumped on the global warming band waggon and that threw me off. then i was going to vote for Rudy..again with the liberal stace on gays and abortions..then i found Huckabee...and im scared of chuck norris

Yeah, you make a good point, but I didn't hear about his global warming thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:30 pm
Brad Sherwood
i hope so

Why? He'll kill us on immigration, he was talking about crossing party lines (compromising our values when liberals make too much of a fuss), and he believes that whole global warming thing. I thought for a long time that he was my state's LIBERAL senator. I was surprised when I found out he was a Republican.

Why McCain?  

Kira84

Tessa23031

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:41 am
Nah, Romney shall prevail!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 pm
I've grown to like Romney, but when it all comes down to it, I'd prefer McCain over anyone on the Democrat party.  

[Ish-Kabibble]

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:25 pm
I am sorry. I would rather make out with the ugliest man in the world than vote for McCain. He is open borders, he has cruddy policies. He is just too liberal for the tastes of the Republicans.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:01 pm
He certainly wouldnt be the best president choice republicans could ever have, but i certainly hope he will win. i cant see a country run by liberals right now... with the way things are going and the difficulties everyone faces right now with living costs, liberals would send the economy into a death spiral making it impossible to get by. as for a republican president, we still have some hope, and the economy may not become great again, but it wont get as worse as fast.  

Cunning Malevolence

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 pm
He can win, as the Democrat party's still divided pretty well in half. If I was old enough, he'd have my vote.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:14 pm
He can win in theory, but in practice there's some major hurdles ahead. The best thing that could happen right now is if the government busted up a major terror cell in the US. That would remind everyone what's at stake here and shift the debate to one that heavily favors McCain. As long as the issues are economy and fuel prices, McCain is at a disadvantage.

Should McCain lose in November, though, I see Obama as a one hit wonder. He'll flop on energy policy since gas prices will continue to go up, and he will be seen as doing nothing on that matter. Democrats will never open up more land to drilling, and alternatives are still way too far off to make a difference. The economy is going to slide into recession no matter who is president, but Obama could really screw things up by flustering free trade. That would inflict a major wound on the economy. Obama says he has a time table for withdrawl from Iraq, but as soon as he gets into office he'll learn what the situation on the ground really is there and backpeddle on that. The anti-war lobbey will crucify him over that. The final nail in the coffin will be if either Iran goes nuclear, or Israel moves against Iran to prevent them from going nuclear and he condemns it. If it's the former, Obama is finished and the Dems will return to the minority in government. If it is the more likely latter option, public sympathy will be decidedly on the side of the Israelis and Obama will be permanantly cast as the president of the Arab World. Either way, he's out after the first term. It's just an issue of how much damage he does before he leaves.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

comander-in-chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 am
of course he can B. husane Obama has clearly shown he knows nothing about the american way and he dosent even know how many states we have "57" come on now.

john a  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:01 am
if obama keeps his same positions on the economy then mcCain may win but the overall popularvote wont matter electoraly Obama is leading in the key states, should ohio and virginia cross over then mcCain is finnished his best chance is that Romney can get michagen and minnisota cross over.  

James628

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:59 am
Romney already has MI... all the people I've talked to agree!!! But we normally have a liberal stance in the electoral college!  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff