Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
We are having a posting contest on Poll Universe...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So- are we up to the challenge?
  yes!!!
  no- who wants avi art, anyway?
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:28 pm
the person who posts the most each week gets Avi art from Potemkin- the captain there and one of the best artists on Gaia. Now, I have been posting about 100 times a day there, new threads, replies to threads and bumps.

I plan on winning that contest- mainly because Tem owes me avi art from Christmas that I never got, and this will force his hand.

I was thinking, would anyone here like a similar contest? I will pay Tem or some other artist to do the artwork.

Here's the catch- it goes for a week- you have to post the total number of posts you have on the guild from the member's list on Monday and on Sunday night, post the ending count.

That's it- but I don't want just bumps, I want real threads with real replies to them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:35 am

Sounds fun, we should probabl wait until after the big mark because it's easier to know what # your post is if you are fairly certain 50 other people aren't online and in the guild with you.

Instead of comisioning art I'm sure you could just ask the members for donations of art, gold or items for prizes.

I could do some art, nothing worth of many post by itself. I use colored pencils, or I've been thinking of trying a form of line art because I can't for the life of me get the color pencils to scan right. I get all the erased lines and the lighter areas of the colors don't show up. sweatdrop and they aren't that good to begin with so... sweatdrop

So if you go the donation route I could offer up some bad arts, the fee being that I get to use them as samples should I ever find myself in a situation where I want to use them as samples for something.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:26 am
Sounds like fun. But I agree... We should probably wait till after the current posting contest. User Image I completely understand about owed Avi art... *cough*Ang*cough* I was supposed to get some for a contest over a year ago... And some gold too. But, she's my best friend, so I'll let it slide... maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 pm
I agree hehe blaugh It might be a fun idea to increase activity  

churrlo

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:26 am

I just took a photo of it instead of a scan for now. Waiting an hour for my parent's computer to boot so that I can use my scanner, can wait until I don't have to be the one to start it up.

User Image

I'll post the scan when I get it done and 'refined' (editing out pencil lines and the pet fur that's on the scanner)

damn, WAYY too big, give me a minute.
~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:53 pm

Sorry it took so long.
User Image
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/metalic_noodles/mamaritablacklinesketch.jpg[/IMG]

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:13 am
I suck at those things.

Always feel like Spam when I post in one.

PL  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:01 pm
I'm for it. Sounds fun.  

Lagh Ruadh

Decisive Warrior

10,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff