Submit

Have you used "Google Earth" ?
  Yes:
  No:
  Who ?:
View Results

sloweiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:58 am
If you haven't checked out "Google Earth" yet, you really should !!! It is very, very kool !!! You can check out places all over the world. You can even look at your house as seen from above, in space. They use sattelite photo's, and will show you almost everywhere. For security reasons you can't look an airport, or the surrounding area. The download takes up 20.94 MB of space.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:12 am
Idk how cool it is.. I was really dissapointed when I found out the pictures are up to 10 years old sad  

Rutalia

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:41 pm
I think that google earth is really cool... i can see my house up there...
its a bird, its a plane, its super man! wait, no its only the google earth satelitte, recording my house....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:32 pm
i have.. its flippin tight.

although some cities only show the buildings in 3d others are just flat.

but i like the idea they made of the streets. were it seems you can rotate and everything.. its a pretty cool programm i like it =]  

Syresin

Syresin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:34 pm
narutorocks1109
its a bird, its a plane, its super man! wait, no its only the google earth satelitte, recording my house....

ROFL!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 pm
Project Sigma
narutorocks1109

ROFL!!

yes! someone who actually understands my jokes! w00t!  

narutorocks1109
Crew

sloweiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Rutalia
Idk how cool it is.. I was really dissapointed when I found out the pictures are up to 10 years old sad

Not all of them are that old. But it is a hard task to show the whole world !!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 am
I love Google Earth. My fiance uses it every time we go somewhere new to look up hotels, venues, etc.

Rutalia

If you pay for the service the pictures are updated. But, I agree...it is horroble that the free version has such old pictures.  

CelticPrincessMe

olusx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:09 am
Well, I think it depends. Sure, if you want up to the second spy sattelite kinda stuff you either have to pay, be a govt agency, or just forget about it. However, I don't really need up to the minute pictures. It's nice to check out places you want to go or see somewhere you've never been. Also good for getting to know the layout of cities. Of course, if the pics are so old they don't reflect recent construction, then it becomes kind of useless.

...just my two cents..  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:39 pm
That meens you could see yourself if you go outside! how sick is that? I don't feel like downloading stuff though. The computer's already messed up.  

Broken_Wingless

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:54 pm
yea, my laptop is messed up too... i mean my parents complain about it being slow, but its not my fault. Cause A., the websites they go on to have too much kb in them and B., they are not that patient and whine a lot...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:06 am
I know what you mean. My dad waits like 5 seconds before flipping out in rage.  

Broken_Wingless

narutorocks1109 rolled 20 100-sided dice: 29, 7, 7, 93, 99, 72, 49, 8, 50, 69, 100, 51, 21, 36, 1, 25, 76, 50, 94, 96 Total: 1033 (20-2000)

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:13 am
i know! same here! even my sister's computer doesnt go that fast  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:49 am
olusx
Well, I think it depends. Sure, if you want up to the second spy sattelite kinda stuff you either have to pay, be a govt agency, or just forget about it. However, I don't really need up to the minute pictures. It's nice to check out places you want to go or see somewhere you've never been. Also good for getting to know the layout of cities. Of course, if the pics are so old they don't reflect recent construction, then it becomes kind of useless.

...just my two cents..

yeah that's true! and thats cool that if you pay for it they are all updated. i didnt know that! still would be nice to see like... 3 year old pictures hehe sometimes streets are missing!  

Rutalia

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 pm
yea... that would be cool to see. but it would be a good idea to put a huge ad on the top of a huge apartment building so people who went on google earth could see the ad... just a thought  
-The Guild's Main Forum.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games