Good fighter?
  Bad fighter?
  No fighter?
  Lets train!!
View Results

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:05 pm
Reynard screwed a cigarette into a corner of his mouth, and a moment later he lit it with his lighter. After taking it a good drag then exhaling a small cloud of white smoke, he turned to the small group of kitsunes leaning against the small wooden fence waiting for him to talk. With the cigarette still in the corner of his mouth he said;
"Good afternoon everyone, and thank you for coming to todays fighting exercises... I see some of you are not here, thats alright, feel free to jump in and out as you feel like it."
Reynard took a final puff off his cigarette then crushed it under his boot as it seemed to upset some of them.
"I will start off by saying that this has nothing do to with the actual RP story line..."
*Tosses you, the reader a wink*
"That way, if any of you decide to take a vacation for a month without telling the person your sparing with will count you as a 'Tap Out.' This is just a place we can get to know each other through simple competitive combat"
Hehehe, I'm going to school all of you...
"Please let me explain the rules;
(1). No firearms(guns) or any weapon of long rang capability.
(2). One-on-one or two-on-two only, unless permission is given.
(3). Anticipate and Accept losses.
(4). Don't post, your gone!
(5). Be clever, not combative... because clever beats stupid!
(6). Taking turns...
Now let me explain the reason for each rule in more depth:
(1). Guns, or the use there of... will obviously end the match to quickly, that and were not here to kill each other. Over there is a rack full of wooden weapons that have been specially made to be the same size and weight of the real steel! Pick any one you want; something your used to using, or something new!
(2). Its simple, one-on-one... I don't want to be creaming Sever and have his wife come out of nowhere and tackle me! Get it?
(3). Your not the best fighter here, and I don't came to be ether! Try to win, and try to lose too. I'm sure we all kick butt, and we all are great fighters... but I'm also sure we all don't want lose! So we'll do anything to quickly take out the other guy! But losing once and a while is not bad for you.
(4). This is an ACTIVE area...! 24 hour time limit to respond. If you start a fight, do so with the intention of finishing it! If it takes you more than a day, then you forfeit your chance to strike back, and then the attack turn will be passed to the other guy... from there, he can finish you off, ending the duel. If you start a fight, but find that you have something better to do for the next two weeks, 'Tap Out.' Tapping out is just a simple way of ending a fight without ether of the fighters losing or wining... in other words, its calling a draw.
(5). 'Clever beats stupid' means that when someone is actually trying to have a decent duel with you in being creative and descriptive with his attack posts, his moves are going to be more effective by default against someone who is not even trying. Complex beats simple, get it? Your hard work in posting can make you the victor!
(6). Taking turns is the method of how we fight here... I will begin with an opening attack, then you will have the opportunity to block and counter attack... but there is were it can get frustrating, see? Rinse, wash and repeat! This is where an interesting combat ability comes into play...
Controlling your opponent:
It can be done as long as you fallow these simple rules:
(1). Equivalent Exchange!
(2). One Character Tap per attack turn!
In this area, we can and will practice the ability that we will call the 'Character Tap.' Now as far as I know, THIS is the only place where its allowed, so think about it.
(1). Equivalent exchange is when you preform a Character Tap... during your Character Tap you might have caused you opponent to do something stupid or foolish that would leave you open to do a signature move on them. Like making them slash at you by mistake then ducking out and landing a hit in return. Equivalent exchange is where something bad happens to your character in return; like you loose your footing and fall to the ground allowing you opponent land a hit on you. Basically, it means harming your character to make it fare on the other guy who you just took control of(to a very small degree). So in a sense, your not really controlling the other guy, your just altering his actions so you can land a hit. Now, whether or not your self inflicted harm is fare enough to the other guy making it 'Equivalent exchange;' that call will be made by the refs which are me(the creator of this area), and Finclumir(the owner of the guild). We'll decide whether or not the move and attack is equivalent...
(2). I means just what is says! One per turn! Or, you don't HAVE to do a Character Tap... rolleyes
Anyways, if you have any questions, PM me... nothing in here."
Reynard turned to the weapon rack and removed a wooden replica of his custom combat saber.
"Hehehe, special ordered it..." He said grinning.
"Now, which one of you spineless kits has the guts to take me on?" He said, positioning his wooden sword to the battle ready position.
"Go ahead, pick anything you like... I'll wait..." He said with a grin.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:03 pm
"Gladly." Korin said with a grin as he picked up a wooden midevil sword from the rack.
"Where to now?"  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:08 pm
Reynard raised his saber.
"Well, what forms to you know?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:11 pm
"Forms?" Korin tilted his head slightly.
"I don't folow you. Why don't we just start?"  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:14 pm
"Oh, okay..."
Reynard paused, getting into his stance.
"Alright... attack."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:35 pm
Korin rushed over and jumped, swinging his sword downword for a crushing blow.  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:43 pm
Reynard jumped back then dashed to the left, dodging the blow. He crouched down and did a sweeping kick and tripped Korin's leg out from underneath him. Then Reynard jumped into the air with his sword raised intending to finish him!
"Too slow dude!!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:27 pm
Korin landed on his sholder blades just before Reynard hit him with his sword. He kept in the position he was in and launched off with his elbows, kicking him with two legs in the stomic.  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:32 pm
Reynard lout an involuntary 'oof' as he took a blow to his stomach!
The two of them fell to the ground, but Reynard was soon on his feet and attempted to deliver a slash to Korin's right flank but was deflected by his somewhat massive sword. Reynard moved the hilt of his much lighter blade up and over Korin's defense area and pummeled him in the face!
"Not used to moving targets, eh?" Reynard said breaking off his attack, but still keeping his sword in a defense position. "Maybe you should spend more time with an actual opponent, rather then an old tree..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm
Korin got his sword up to his face just in time. But insted of blocking the blow, he swung his sword at Reynard's. Because Reynards sword was so much lighter, he was hoping to knock it out of his hands.

"You forgot, even slashing old trees makes your arms stronger."  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm
"Indeed... but how about your foot work? Do you find it difficult when I keep in motion?"
Reynard then began to straif to the left, then the right, making it difficult to track or predict a possible action.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Korin simply put up his sword in defensive stance; sword held out in front of him with a vertical angle. He attempted to strife when he could. He couldn't do much. He was fast, but Reynard was faster.  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:38 am
"Wait, I don't get it... is that your defense position?" Reynard said, dropping his sword to get a better look.
He then got a very evil look on his face.
"Do you want me to show you how to break a stance like that, or do you want me to show you a better one for that sword...?"
He raised his sword again, ready for his answer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:36 pm
"Teh. Give me your best shot."  

Korin88

Korin88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:44 pm
Ill be nice and wait...  
Role Playing: the inner workings of the Den

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers