Dean Koontz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stephen or Dean?
  KING ALL THE WAY!!
  Screw King, im for KOONTZ!!
  I am neutral, still having my sanity, I enjoy both and prefer not to scream about it. xp
View Results

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 am
Classics, that i am unfortunately unable to read, thanks to parents, but they are awesome! I base my judgment on my parents constantly read them and the one book I did read.
What do u guys think of his books?
Also, Stephen King? Again awesome, unique and creepy books!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:47 pm
i love both of there styles and there books.........my dad actually pusshes me to read dean koonts..........i like stephen king better though........i read the book the shining at like 3 a.m. and it freaked me out....it was awsome  

eterna verde

Yuki Rini-chan

Invisible Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:03 pm
I think that they are both great^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:02 pm
I look for Koontz when I'm in the mood for creepy. King is more the don't-read-this-at-night-alone books. I really like both, though! ^.^  

serephemeral
Crew

Inepta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:50 pm
I prefer King, he is wonderfull,and scary, and wise, and seems to know much about human nature, it's terryfing when you read about something like this (what King's describing) happens in the common place like Castle Rock, and imagine that can happen to You as well...Makes You wonder how would You behave for example with Mr. Gaunt...
And I like Masterton as well...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:13 pm
Augh! Thats like asking me...

Mufin? or Cookie?

To hard to choose!

Ill just take both and leave joo the napkin! But..what do napkins have to do with books?  

PankurokkuBaco

Inepta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:22 am
Cookies cookies are crounch, and I love to eat them when I've got interesting book to read... I can think my ajws are moving course of eating, not talking to myself mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:30 pm
They most definitely have their good and not so good books. The Stand, in my opinion, was Steph King's high point and he has since drifted slowly into an abyss of stealing the plots from his other books and changing the details.

Koontz I have mixed feelings for. His novels vary between irritating entertainment and having the remains of a deeper theme.

goobaloo

Newbie Noob

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:06 pm
I feel lonely because I haven't really read many books from these authors. I really need to start reading different books..... I have heard a lot about the authors though, and my dad's all for Dean Koontz.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm
It's funny because I read two books by these two authors (one by King and one by Koontz) and I didn't get to finish either of them. HAH. I was just really bored with both of 'em. I might give them another shot one day, though, but I've had to be extremely bored for me to do so because I already have a ton that I want to read. So yeah.  

irock708

ShatteredWingedWolfess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:40 pm
You might be asking my favorite band or song...Or least of all favorite book...I mean I have atleast a hundred favorite songs and nearly a thousadn books. They are sitting on me shelves and are on a list to buy. I could never tell you! But I can say this...both of them can be funny and utterly sinful. My teacher gave me a Dean book and my mom gave me a King book. My phoster mom was so pissed but now that Im with me mom once more...I read them both whenever I have the time between my other series.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:03 am
I haven't read any Dean Koontz books... but I've heard of him, and a friend of mine told me that I'd like his books a lot.

I have read 2 of Stephen King's books; The Green Mile and Carrie. I'd have to say that I like The Green Mile a lot better than Carrie. But that may be because when I was reading Carrie I had to rush through it because my mom didn't really want me reading it (it was a couple of years ago)...heh...  

Collote
Crew

Sh3LbZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 am
My mother has an entire bookshelf full of Dean Koontz and even though she has been telling me that I would love these books I just simply not gotten around to reading them. I have tried to read Stephen King but I find that he goes on and on with description and it gets boring real fast and i loose interest in the book.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:23 am
I've read both and personally I prefer Stephen King to Dean Koontz. For all those people who say that King drags on, yeah he did have a phase where if you'd chopped his books in half you might get a good book in there somewhere. I'd recommend The Stand (bulky but worth it) or Misery to read.

Koontz's books tended to blend into each other as far as I was concerned. All except The Bad Place . . . I read this book when I was about 12-14 and it FREAKED ME OUT!

I don't really know what it was but it has to be one of the only books that I was almost too afraid to finish but had to keep reading because I had to know how it ended. If I went back and reread it now it would probably not have half the impact it did back then.  

GeekyTanta

Angelic Loiterer

11,090 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 am
Oh, and I forgot to say, I have issues with creepy things. Especially movies, not so much books. Which books by either of the authors would you recommend to a chicken (well, I'm not THAT bad) like me? I want to read their books, but I wouldn't know where to start.  
Other Genres

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games