First tat.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O Blue Sky Complex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 pm
User Image

Wow...Haven't been here in awhile. (Also had a name change, suprise, it's KV!).

Anyway, in a couple of weeks I'm getting my first tattoo done. (A treble clef on wrist or behind ear).

My question for ya'll is: How did drinking affect your tattoo? (ink, bleeding, etc). I know it's not a good idea, but I know some of you went to the bar after (or the night before).

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:54 pm
Well, the shop I frequent won't even tattoo you if you've had a drink in the prior 24 hours. Drinking thins the blood and causes you to bleed more while getting tattooed. I would recommend you steer clear of alcohol for the day and preferably, the day before.  

Angel de Lys

8bit Girls Bravo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:57 pm
I wouldn't... recommend it, necessarily, but I went to the bar the night I got my tattoo done and nothing terrible happened. (It was after it was done.)

BUT, I realise it was a dumb idea. Not only because drinking thins out your blood, but also because it's just damn hard on your body. You're trying to heal a wound. Think of it as like drinking when you've got a cold. Doesn't really help you heal.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:15 am
I think it matters more on how much you drink, if you drink every day you don't have much to worry about I'm sure your body adjust. If not it will probly have a more drastic effect on your tattoo experiance.

I got a tattoo last winter and I wasn't planning on it and I was doing a lot of drinking at the time. It stayed rediculously bright until summer time when I got a job working on boats the sun did the most damage.

As everyone else says though I wouldn't recomend drinking before a tattoo. More blood makes it harder for your artist to work and it pushes out that lovely ink they're trying so hard to push into you.

Besides all that I can't wait to see your tattoo I love treble and bass clefs in either of those locations.  

Kingshortpants

Taigeku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:37 pm
Yeah, just stay away from drinking before, but you should be fine after, so long as you don't pour the alcohol on it, or drink an obcene amount.

Be sure to post it up when its finished!!  
Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games