Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Quotes Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:20 pm
Ever just love a particular thing a character says in your reading?
If not I do. So I thought posting this to where everyone could share and possibly care would be good. I shall now submit one. Which is actually more of a paragraph because the guy rambles like me. xd

"Uncomfortable things, quests. Not always predictable. A bit boring when nothing is going on. But then dungeons are always boring. Quests! What a bother. Lose things, find things. Meet the most unpleasant people. Present company excepted, of course."
-Wizard Fenworth
from Dragonspell by: Donita K. Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:28 pm
I've got one! Anyone who has read and loved the Twilight series will know this.....
"'And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,' ... 'What a stupid lamb,' ... 'What a sick masochistic lion."
-Edward, Twilight
Yes I know it's trite, overused, etc., but it's still my favorite quote eva!  

penandpaper67
Captain

Yuki Rini-chan

Invisible Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:49 pm
I love quotes by Einstein and such^^
Oh! That could be another sub! Quotes!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:20 pm
penandpaper67
I've got one! Anyone who has read and loved the Twilight series will know this.....
"'And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,' ... 'What a stupid lamb,' ... 'What a sick masochistic lion."
-Edward, Twilight
Yes I know it's trite, overused, etc., but it's still my favorite quote eva!

Its one of mine too. ^^ I think everyone loves Edward.  

Out of Kansas

Inepta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm
Alline are in polish so It's rather senseless to put it in here isn't it? Noone could understand and I'm dreadfull translator... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:22 pm
My favorite quotes actually come from Wuthering Heights. I love Twilight quotes, too, and by the way, Meyers likes Wuthering Heights quotes, as well. Anyways, my favorite is:

(from the passionate guy when his love is dead) "'You said I killed you. Haunt me then! I've heard the dead haunt their killers. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! Only DO not leave me, in this abyss where I cannot find you! Oh God, it is unutterable! I CANNOT live without my life! I CANNOT live without my soul!'" (you might have to read the book to understand the beauty of that one, but it's my favorite quote ever. sorry if I missed part of it, that was from memory)

And another, from just before her death. If you were wondering, Linton's this other guy the girl marries for really lame reasons. "'You loved me - then what RIGHT had you to leave me? What right - answer me - for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery and degredation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, YOU, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart - YOU have broken it, and in breaking it, you have broken mine.'"  

WickedSong

Theresacatonthewall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:54 pm
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
-Edward Cullen, Twilight

and

"Maybe... if you weren't a disgustung vampire who was planning to suck the life out of the girl I love... well, no, not even then."
-Jacob Black in response to Edward, Eclipse

I love those XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:55 am
Definately the quote from Huckleberry Finn, the entire speech of Sherburn about mobs.

Quote:
"The idea of YOU lynching anybody! It's amusing. The idea of you thinking you had pluck enough to lynch a MAN! Because you're brave enough to tar and feather poor friendless cast-out women that come along here, did that make you think you had grit enough to lay your hands on a MAN? Why, a MAN'S safe in the hands of ten thousand of your kind--as long as it's daytime and you're not behind him.

"Do I know you? I know you clear through was born and raised in the South, and I've lived in the North; so I know the average all around. The average man's a coward. In the North he lets anybody walk over him that wants to, and goes home and prays for a humble spirit to bear it. In the South one man all by himself, has stopped a stage full of men in the daytime, and robbed the lot. Your newspapers call you a brave people so much that you think you are braver than any other people--whereas you're just AS brave, and no braver. Why don't your juries hang murderers? Because they're afraid the man's friends will shoot them in the back, in the dark--and it's just what they WOULD do.

"So they always acquit; and then a MAN goes in the night, with a hundred masked cowards at his back and lynches the rascal. Your mistake is, that you didn't bring a man with you; that's one mistake, and the other is that you didn't come in the dark and fetch your masks. You brought PART of a man--Buck Harkness, there--and if you hadn't had him to start you, you'd a taken it out in blowing.

"You didn't want to come. The average man don't like trouble and danger. YOU don't like trouble and danger. But if only HALF a man--like Buck Harkness, there--shouts 'Lynch him! lynch him!' you're afraid to back down--afraid you'll be found out to be what you are--COWARDS--and so you raise a yell, and hang yourselves on to that half-a-man's coat-tail, and come raging up here, swearing what big things you're going to do. The pitifulest thing out is a mob; that's what an army is--a mob; they don't fight with courage that's born in them, but with courage that's borrowed from their mass, and from their officers. But a mob without any MAN at the head of it is BENEATH pitifulness. Now the thing for YOU to do is to droop your tails and go home and crawl in a hole. If any real lynching's going to be done it will be done in the dark, Southern fashion; and when they come they'll bring their masks, and fetch a MAN along. Now LEAVE--and take your half-a-man with you"

Long, but definately my favorite. I also like quotes on people in general from Marcus Zusiak's book I am the Messanger  

le perfum

NolaIvory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm
Here's mine. Liam Ironarm, in Lioness Rampant in the Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce.

Quote:
Dying for important things--that's better than living safe.

Gah! Amazing. I just want to eat that man UP!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 pm
I've got two. But the first one is actually from a movie. Sorry, but I can't stop myself!

"I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful."
~Howell Jenkins, Howl's Moving Castle

That might b from the book, but I've never read it. Though I plan to.

"'I'm Staying close to home to hunt. I'll only be fifteen minutes away if you need me. I'll keep an eye out for trouble.'

Translation: Don't try anything funny just because Edward is gone."
~Eclipse

I know, I know. I did Eclipse because all I have is Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. Plus I wanna be part of the group. XD

Kalswierdestlittleangel

Lonely Prophet

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:20 pm
Oh. Mine are from Twilight.

"I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."
-Edward Cullen, <3.
&&&
"So what you're saying is, I'm your brand of heroin?"
-Bella
"Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin."
-Edward

IknowIknow, everybody says those quotes, but I can't help loving them.
And...well...there's a lot of others from Edward.

My other favorite is from a book called Lord of Fire by Gaelen Foley
It's about two people that fall in love. I'm bad at explaining things. They don't want to admit they're falling in love, and this is when they're finally starting to realize it. Lucien is one of those dark, evil, seductive and smart guys. Alice is sweet, cute and innocent.

"Are you proposing to me, then?"
-Alice
"I reckon I am. Aye, why not? What do you...That is, er--will you?"
-Lucien
There was a trace of pity in her smile, but amusement danced in her eyes. "How many languages do you speak, again?"
-Alice

I would think of meaningful favorite qoutes, but it's late and I'm tired so I just put down my favorite romantic silly ones. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 pm
This is from a manga but thats stilll a type of book.

"So what will it be Paper, read or die?"
-Joker when asking Agent Paper(Yomiko Readman) if she would choose a book over her own life  

Sqweebers

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:13 pm
I love the anime Read or Die!!!!!! Haven't seen it in forever though. :[  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:27 pm
Kalswierdestlittleangel
I've got two. But the first one is actually from a movie. Sorry, but I can't stop myself!

"I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful."
~Howell Jenkins, Howl's Moving Castle

That might b from the book, but I've never read it. Though I plan to.

"'I'm Staying close to home to hunt. I'll only be fifteen minutes away if you need me. I'll keep an eye out for trouble.'

Translation: Don't try anything funny just because Edward is gone."
~Eclipse

I know, I know. I did Eclipse because all I have is Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. Plus I wanna be part of the group. XD

Oh my gosh!!!! I love the movie Howls Moving Castle!!!!! Mr. Myazaki is a genius when it comes to creating masterpieces!!! Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is much better in it's complete manga form though. Okay here's my quote! I have a lot of favorite quotes but this is one I remember at the moment. (Sorry if it's kind of an obvious quote. sweatdrop )
"I am automatic. When I detect adversity approaching, I float to the surface. That's why I am Boogiepop-phantasmal, like bubbles."
-Boogiepop, from Novel 1: Boogiepop and others  

5 to midnight
Crew

seleneswan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:00 pm
Ooh!! I've got a bunch!! Well, 3, actually. But still.

"Get up. What are you, weak? I'm not asking you to run laps with a pack on; you just have through the snow. On your feet, already. Mother's tits--did you lose all your strength when you became Mieri? The mirage part of you has got be crying in shame. Move your a**. It isn't time to collapse yet. Are you a Hunter or not?" --Eclipse, speaking to Mieri; Warrior and Witch, by Marie Brennan

"I love you. I'm so sorry. He has my mom and I have to try. I know it may not work. I am so very, very sorry. Don't be angry with Alice and Jasper. If I get away from them, it will be a miracle. Tell them thank you for me. Alice, especially, please. And please, please don't come after him. That's what he wants, I think. I can't bear it if anyone has to hurt because of me, especially you. Please, this is the ontl thing that I can ask you now. For me. I love you. Forgive me. Bella." --Bella's letter to Edward.; Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer

"Moms have that effect, you know, of making you forget you're fifteen and a half and making you regress to six, clinging to her pant leg at the grocery store." --Amazing Grace, by...someone. I don't know the author.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff