Animated Lord of the Rings:
  was a direct insult to Tolkien
  gave me nightmares
  would have been alright if not for the lack of pants
  was better than the Peter Jackson trilogy
View Results

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:59 am
We all have our favorite character, but who has a character that they don't like or just can't stand?

For me, it's Turin. I know he has one of the most sorrow filled fates of all the Edain being cursed by Morgoth and all that, but I've just never liked the guy. It's his pride that always bothers me, especially when he is in Nargothrond and refuses to listen to the counsel of Ulmo. I just want to slap the guy  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:32 am
Bill Ferny... abusing that poor pony! cry

razz

But really I don't dislike that many characters... especially since I only read the Hobbit, the LotR trilogy, and the Silmarillion. I can't even remember half the things that happened in the Sil, never mind the characters.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dracolish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:02 pm
in Hobbit... Thranduil, bloody b*****d!!! in silmarillion... fĂ«anor, too prepotent... and in LOTR... grima... damn traitor...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:25 am
I love Thranduil.... o well, to each their own..

In the movie I really hated Boromir...but I thought the book character was alright...

I didn't like Turin either.  

Rudhe
Captain

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:32 am
I despised Feanor. Violent and impulsive and stubborn and too proud for his own good, and none too bright, but just charismatic enough to turn people to his cause. I believe Pol Pot, Attila the Hun and Nero of Rome were other such personalities.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:58 pm
Nero's not nearly as bad as Feanor. He at least did some good by opening the palace gardens during the great fire in Rome and then rebuilding it before he went all crazy. All Feanor did was make some lousy gems and lead a rebellion that caused countless deaths and endless misery.  

Tears of the Siren

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:40 pm
Yeah, but Nero had people tied up and burned alive to serve as torches for garden parties.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:03 am
Crazy people aren't condemed just sent to psychiatric asylums. They can't help it if they are crazy. Unfortunately for Nero, none existed at the time.

Huzzah for the justice system.  

Rudhe
Captain

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 am
Galad Damodred
Yeah, but Nero had people tied up and burned alive to serve as torches for garden parties.

There is that, and a lot of other disturbing things. But once he was dead it was over. Feanor gave the gift that kept on giving long after he was dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:03 pm
I havent read the Sil yet so I'm going to say something so boring. in the Hobbit, I disliked Bombur, and in the Lord of the Rings I disliked Denethor.  

Ginny97263

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:36 am
Tears of the Siren
Galad Damodred

There is that, and a lot of other disturbing things. But once he was dead it was over. Feanor gave the gift that kept on giving long after he was dead.

Yeah... point conceded.

Feanor was a hotheaded moron. I hate characters like that. That's probably why I like Rowan of Rin so much... 'cuz he's a shy, nervous, miserable hero.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am
For some reason, I really hate Eowyn. She was fine in the books, but she was REALLY annoying in the movie!! I also hate Denethor and Wormtongue.  

ellawriter

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 am
Annoying? Why? Miranda Otto does a wonderful job with the strong, yet fragile, cold, proud, lonely maiden warrior.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 pm
i thought she was fine too

i didn't like Feanor either xd  

JenJenEvil

Ginny97263

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:05 pm
Galad Damodred
Annoying? Why? Miranda Otto does a wonderful job with the strong, yet fragile, cold, proud, lonely maiden warrior.

I agree! I really liked Eowyn in the book and the movie, she is one of my favorite characters in both!  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff