Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Non-Kaori Yuki manga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:39 am
Well, this is a place to discuss all manga which aren't written(or drawn or whatever) by Kaori Yuki smile

Anyone here who has read Tokyo Babylon by CLAMP?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:20 pm
I haven't yet, but it's actually next on my list to purchase because it's the only thing left the store by me carries I'm interested in.  

YGOPaladin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:47 pm
Ive been meaning to >_< ive never gotten around to it...

its crazy how different Tokyo Babylon Subaru is to X's Subaru...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:53 am
Sai-kun

I don't want to spoil anything, but let me say at least this, the events at the end of Toky Babylon change him totally.
I suppose everyone who has seen/read X does know what happens, his story was told there, wans't it?

Does anyone know if X will ever be finished?  

Katinchen012

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:53 pm
I read something on tokyopop website about working on X. I'll look it up again and post the link... maybe I read it somewhere else... either way, I'll find it and post the link.
As for clamp manga in general, I have noticed that there seem to be a cross over of characters from some manga to other manga. Is there a general order these should be read in? I've looked around on the internet and all I can ever find are comprehensive lists of all the clamp manga. I can never find something that states a logical order for the stories, and I don't know if there really is supposed to be. I'll keep looking, and if I find something before someone answers this post, then I will smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:01 pm
Katinchen012
Sai-kun

I don't want to spoil anything, but let me say at least this, the events at the end of Toky Babylon change him totally.
I suppose everyone who has seen/read X does know what happens, his story was told there, wans't it?

Yeah, Subaru's situation is explained in X...

also, X as well as a lot of other older (and better, IMO) Clamp series are on indefinate hiatus...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:04 pm
YGOPaladin
I read something on tokyopop website about working on X. I'll look it up again and post the link... maybe I read it somewhere else... either way, I'll find it and post the link.
As for clamp manga in general, I have noticed that there seem to be a cross over of characters from some manga to other manga. Is there a general order these should be read in? I've looked around on the internet and all I can ever find are comprehensive lists of all the clamp manga. I can never find something that states a logical order for the stories, and I don't know if there really is supposed to be. I'll keep looking, and if I find something before someone answers this post, then I will smile

Yeah, CLAMP often has crossovers of their characters and cameos and stuff, a lot of it is a cute little in joke, but Subaru and Seishiiro and so on are in X...

Its only been more recent, though that CLAMP has taken a serious stab at amalgamating many of their most popular characters into two series, Tsubasa and XXXholic.

There's no logical order at all, you just pick up the ones you like.
You dont even need to have much prior knowledge to enjoy Tsubasa or XXXholic, if that's your kind of thing.
But it certainly is a lot more fun if you are familiar with the characters before you've seen them in those two series :3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:32 am
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

Yeah, CLAMP often has crossovers of their characters and cameos and stuff, a lot of it is a cute little in joke, but Subaru and Seishiiro and so on are in X...

Its only been more recent, though that CLAMP has taken a serious stab at amalgamating many of their most popular characters into two series, Tsubasa and XXXholic.

You dont even need to have much prior knowledge to enjoy Tsubasa or XXXholic, if that's your kind of thing.
But it certainly is a lot more fun if you are familiar with the characters before you've seen them in those two series :3

A friend of mine who reads Tsubasa once told me that Mokona (it's from Magic Knight Rayearth, or where did it show up originally?) appears in Tsubasa(which I don't read 'cause I don't think the story sounds very interesting), Subaru, Seishiiro and Hokuto appear in X, probably along with many other characters from manga I didn't read, and I suppose there are many more crossovers...

Sai-kun
also, X as well as a lot of other older (and better, IMO) Clamp series are on indefinate hiatus...

That's something I don't quite understand about CLAMP. Why do they draw manga and then not finish them? I'm really, really glad Kaori Yuki doesn't do anything like this... OMG, if she broke up AS after volume 18... eek
But back to topic^^'
I find it quite sad that we'll never know how X should really end, but I suppose there's nothing that can be done about this. Why is X on hiatus anyway?  

Katinchen012

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:30 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
YGOPaladin

A friend of mine who reads Tsubasa once told me that Mokona (it's from Magic Knight Rayearth, or where did it show up originally?) appears in Tsubasa(which I don't read 'cause I don't think the story sounds very interesting), Subaru, Seishiiro and Hokuto appear in X, probably along with many other characters from manga I didn't read, and I suppose there are many more crossovers...

Sai-kun

That's something I don't quite understand about CLAMP. Why do they draw manga and then not finish them? I'm really, really glad Kaori Yuki doesn't do anything like this... OMG, if she broke up AS after volume 18... eek
But back to topic^^'
I find it quite sad that we'll never know how X should really end, but I suppose there's nothing that can be done about this. Why is X on hiatus anyway?

Tsubasa and xxxHolic are sort of like sister manga at this point. One manga takes place in one dimension and Tsubasa takes place in another. The main characters from Tsubasa are mostly from Card Captor Sakura (urgh), Syaoran, Sakura, Yuki, Tomoyo, Sakura's brother whose name I cant remember are the leads. Sakura = damsel in distress, Syaoran and some characters original to Tsubasa only embark on a journey assigned to them by the Time Witch from XXXholic to journey through different worlds in order to help Sakura regain her memories.

Soo throughought these worlds we get to see classic CLAMP characters reimagined.
I havent read much of the manga and Ive only seen the first 4 eps of the anime or so, but so far ive already seen
a) Carcaptor Sakura
- Sakura
- Syaoran
- Sakura's dad
- Clow Reed
- Yuki
- Sakura's brother

b) Rayearth
- All the mashin
- Primera
- Sanyun
- Mokona, multiples of

c) X/1999
- Shougo Asagi (movie only)
- Arashi
- Sorata

d) RG Veda
- Asura
- Souma

e) Chobits
- Chii

As I said, that's only the ones Ive seen in the first 4 eps of the anime and in snippets from the manga...
THe manga I believe is 6+ volumes...and continuuing so you can imagine a lot more characters show up...

and I have no clue why CLAMP drops their projects the way they do...I feel theyre going way too commercial for their own good and are nurturing the series that bring in a lot of merchandising cash.
X was popular but I guess it didn't have the sheer mass market potential as say a monster like...Cardcaptor Sakura, which years after its completion is still raring its mammoth, bloated head.
They dropped Gohou Drug too, which is one of my favorites and undoubtedly a very small side project... >_<  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:25 pm
wow...

I'm not sure I even want to start reading something I'm not going to be able to finish. Part of the reason I love manga so much is because I get to read about the characters for multiple volumes. That would just piss me off if I finished a volume only to find out the series was on hiatus and I couldn't find out how it's supposed to end...  

YGOPaladin

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:08 am
YGOPaladin
wow...

I'm not sure I even want to start reading something I'm not going to be able to finish. Part of the reason I love manga so much is because I get to read about the characters for multiple volumes. That would just piss me off if I finished a volume only to find out the series was on hiatus and I couldn't find out how it's supposed to end...

Yes... Once I thought about buying X, but as long as it isn't finished I won't spend a single Euro on it.
To be honest, I think I wouldn't buy any manga by CLAMP until it is finished, because I want to know how the manga ends.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:53 pm
Katinchen012

I thought X is finished. I think there are 22 volumns.  

Moonlit Masquerade

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:09 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:01 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

dead.moki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:41 pm
As far as non-Kaori Yuki manga goes, I really like Deathnote, D.Gray-man, Fruit Basket, and LevelE, not to mention a lot more. I also like CLAMP, but I haven't read any of their stuff lately.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff