Historical Fashions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:32 pm
Yeah, call me shallow. I like clothes, okay?

Which period in history had the best clothes, do you think? For the most hilarious clothes, I'd say Elizabethan. I mean, corsets, big puffy pants and dresses so wide they couldn't get through the door. xd But my favourite fashion might be the Victorian, the period of frock-cut coats and ponytails on men and lace at the wrists and ruffles at the neck of one's shirt. It gave birth to Aristocrat fashion, and who could not love that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:54 pm
Victorian clothes are classic. They're one of my favorites. I also really like anything that involves puffy shirts! Weird, I know...  

Josephine Falnor
Crew

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:56 pm
Pirate fetish? xd I love the combination of a close-fitting doublet, a puffy shirt and leather boots. It's very Will Turner.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 am
I like today's fashion, where anyone can where whatever the hell they want! But looking back on time, for style I'd like to go with Galad, the Victorian was very sophisticated.

For points in imagination I think the Aztec warriors might take the cake.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x-Genghis-x
Captain

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 pm
Not just the cake, but the candles, a small packet of biscuits and a man who makes amusing balloon animals afterwards.

Asian traditional costumes are the most beautiful, I think. The Vietnamese ao dai (pronounced "ow yai" xd ), for example... Japanese kimonos are beautiful too. The men's kimonos look SOOOOOOOOO comfortable, but women's kimonos are so much prettier. I also like hakama!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:33 am
Pssh. Forget all those kimonos and ao dai!

The Knights Templar had it going on. If you saw one of these guy charging full tilt and your arse was in the way, you'd be done.

The armor added some nice fear factor to the battlefield. I don't think I'd want to stab a guy who oozes holiness, would you?

Didn't think so...  

Nasuko-San
Crew

bighairy dog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:14 pm
i have no idea why but i'v always been a fan of victorian style clothes.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:29 pm
Nasuko-San

The Knights Templar had it going on. If you saw one of these guy charging full tilt and your arse was in the way, you'd be done.

The armor added some nice fear factor to the battlefield. I don't think I'd want to stab a guy who oozes holiness, would you?

Didn't think so...

Well, if you're done dissing my country's traditional garb and glorifying a bunch of deluded religious zealots... stare  

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

Nasuko-San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:26 pm
Galad Damodred
Nasuko-San

Didn't think so...

Well, if you're done dissing my country's traditional garb and glorifying a bunch of deluded religious zealots... stare

I never dissed them. I'm just saying the Templar had shinier stuff.

I don't know why, but I've actually always wanted to wear a kimono. Like a bathrobe made of a cloud. xD

My cousins are Japanese. One of 'em actually wore a kimono and said she didn't want to take it off. So I'm not doubting they're awesome, because the Samurai wore kimonos under their armor in battle, but the Knights Templar were very fearsome. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:05 pm
Nasuko-San
Galad Damodred
Nasuko-San

Didn't think so...

I never dissed them. I'm just saying the Templar had shinier stuff.

I don't know why, but I've actually always wanted to wear a kimono. Like a bathrobe made of a cloud. xD

My cousins are Japanese. One of 'em actually wore a kimono and said she didn't want to take it off. So I'm not doubting they're awesome, because the Samurai wore kimonos under their armor in battle, but the Knights Templar were very fearsome. 3nodding

Awful fashion sense, though.

Although, modern fashion isn't too bad.

heart  

Galad Aglaron
Vice Captain

GeneralFishSama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:33 am
Early Victorian FTW.

Dickens era basically.

I also like Mid 18th century high class clothes. They shimmer....O.O

And I love military uniforms from about 1840 to 1989 (starting with the British and ending with the Soviets). They have such a grandeur to them...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:43 am
Nasuko-San

but the Knights Templar were very fearsome. 3nodding

And they killed every man woman and child Jew Gentile, Christian and Muslim when they retook Jerusalem.  

GeneralFishSama

Nasuko-San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:21 am
fishsama999
Nasuko-San

but the Knights Templar were very fearsome. 3nodding

And they killed every man woman and child Jew Gentile, Christian and Muslim when they retook Jerusalem.

All in the name of God. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:28 am
Damn skippy. XD  

GeneralFishSama

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items