Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Umbrella Waste Factory:: (Caution! Biohazardous waste!)
The Arsenal of Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:27 am
I don''t know why Capcom decided to give the weapons stupid names like The Punisher or Blacktail. But it made all the

harder to figure out what kind of gun it is in real life. So I went to look for them and found what I think are the

guns from Resident Evil 4. I''m looking at every detail except the color. Guns can be of any color, it''s the design

that matters.

Handgun
User Image
HK Mk.23 (The pattern on the handle is different, other than that, it''s identical.
User Image
You might also know this gun as SOCOM from MGS. However, the standard caliber for an M.23 is 45, and in RE4, the caliber is 9mm, so it makes me wonder. But the design is exactly the same.)

Red9
User Image
Mauser C-96
User Image
With Stock

Punisher
User Image
Five-seveN Tactical (Again the handle pattern is different from the punisher, but other than that, the design is

identical.)

Blacktail
User Image
CZ 110

Broken Butterfly
(REvolvers are a b***h to find. I could not find one with that exact design.)

Killer7
User Image
Colt Government model Series 80 .45ACP (This one may be wrong. I know that a lot of gun companies copy this very

design. So it could be a clone. But the only thing that''s iffy is the trigger.)

Matilda
User Image
HK-VP70 with holster stock (Thanks to RE2''s description, I didn''t have to look hard for it.)

Shotgun
User Image
Remington 870 Express (Don''t mind that spare barrel.)

Riot Gun
User Image
Benelli M4

Striker
User Image
Striker is what it''s called.

Rifle
User Image
Arisaka Type 99 (It''s not that exact one. That was the closest looking one I found, but the rifle in RE is .223,

this one is .303)

Rifle (semi-auto)
Couldn''t find one that matched this one''s design. But it''s a standard caliber sniper rifle.

TMP
User Image
Steyr TMP  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:35 pm
Ooh.. surprised  

Uenna

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:03 pm
Intresting. I dunno but the names were pretty cool I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:10 pm
surprised surprised razz mrgreen *searches for drool sign* crap! those are cool! dude you're awesome!  

Ithmara

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:14 pm
I heard somewhere that REvolvers were Smith and Westons... Something like this

http://www.techiwarehouse.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/837/password/sort/sort/1/cat/545  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:22 pm
*hugs the TMP* whee  

Uenna

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:18 pm
Mr. Kennedy
See, they might have been, but come on! You know what kinds of weapons have names like Punisher? RPG games, and that was the biggest turnoff in RE4, the RPGish shopping and upgrading aspect. Nothing is cooler for a gun that a big number and letter code like Beretta M92FS, that was cool. Or M4A1, or AK-47, you know what I mean?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:31 pm
Yah but it was pretty cool. Did you say M4A1...?  

Mr. Kennedy

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:59 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Mr. Kennedy
See, they might have been, but come on! You know what kinds of weapons have names like Punisher? RPG games, and that was the biggest turnoff in RE4, the RPGish shopping and upgrading aspect. Nothing is cooler for a gun that a big number and letter code like Beretta M92FS, that was cool. Or M4A1, or AK-47, you know what I mean?

It's like they were going RPG with the merchant..... gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:59 pm
Mr. Kennedy
Yah but it was pretty cool. Did you say M4A1...?
Yeah... Carlos had the M4A1 in RE3.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Psi_Mu_Merc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:25 am
Actually if you were stuck in RE land you probably wouldn't want an M4a1. Go with a G36k or an AK74.
I think that the Broken Butterfly is an old WWI/WWII Webley Revolver chambered to fire .45 ACP. Most revolver don't use .45 caliber ammo because it's harder to extract the ammo from the weapon. (.45 ammo is generally intended to be used in automatic pistols, not revolvers.) If it isn't a Webley...then I can't tell you what it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 pm
I think they can't use the actual names for the guns because of some copy right.

I mainly think this way because in the original RE they actually had real names but when they remade RE1 for GC the names were changed on some of the weapons((Ex: In the original Barry's handgun was a Colt Python .357*real gun*, and in the remake it was just Magnum .44)). Not to mention in every game past the orginial RE1 and the DC version all the guns were named by what kind it was, not it's actual name.  

Lord Travis

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:24 pm
Lord Travis
I think they can't use the actual names for the guns because of some copy right.

I mainly think this way because in the original RE they actually had real names but when they remade RE1 for GC the names were changed on some of the weapons((Ex: In the original Barry's handgun was a Colt Python .357*real gun*, and in the remake it was just Magnum .44)). Not to mention in every game past the orginial RE1 and the DC version all the guns were named by what kind it was, not it's actual name.
Well they used the names all the way up to REmake. It's not like they said, "As of 2002, real gun names are not to be used in games!" They still used the TMP's real name.

ALSO: I just watched a show of SWAT in Phillidelphia(sp), for their sidearm, they use the Punisher handgun. And yeah, it can pierce police armor, so if it shoots through 2 enemies, it's believable. I also found out that it is being released n the Civilian market soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Lord Travis

Well they used the names all the way up to REmake. It's not like they said, "As of 2002, real gun names are not to be used in games!" They still used the TMP's real name.

ALSO: I just watched a show of SWAT in Phillidelphia(sp), for their sidearm, they use the Punisher handgun. And yeah, it can pierce police armor, so if it shoots through 2 enemies, it's believable. I also found out that it is being released n the Civilian market soon.

Eh, it was just a theory I devised years ago.

That's cool, I think I'll have to buy one.  

Lord Travis

Psi_Mu_Merc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:17 am
The "handgun" that Leon starts out with looks like a USP. These are usually chambered in 9mm.
The sniper rifle resembles a Springfield M1903 more than the Type 99.
As for the Broken Butterfly...it looks like a cross between a Webley and Scott Mk VI .455 and an Enfield .38 Mk I (Sorry, that's about as narrowed down as I can get. British revolvers are really a pain to find out info. about.) sweatdrop  
::Umbrella Waste Factory:: (Caution! Biohazardous waste!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games