Submit

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:23 pm
Video games, pencil and paper, dice? It's enough to make a girl go crazy!

What's your favourite?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am
Generally I'd say I love pen/dice/paper games the most, but when I can find a good RP Intensive MUD with decent code, I'm in heaven. As long as the imms don't turn out to be shitty, narcissistic bastards.  

Hazgarn

darth coin
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
depends on my mood. right now, im up for anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:08 pm
Mostly dice games.  

animeangel_99

Supportive Cat

16,615 Points
  • Team Player 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • There are two sides... 50

Berzerker_prime
Captain

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:11 pm
I love P&P games and am usually up for an RPG session anywhere, any time. I've been known to enjoy a good video game from time to time as well. CCGs aren't usually my cup of tea.

Berz.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:36 am
Depends on who's running it/how good the game is, really. I'm a fan of anything with a good story to it, be it pen and paper, video, LARP, whatever. So long as the setting and story is engaging, I'm there. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

darth coin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:28 pm
i think this week im into table top games.

specificly, warhammer and warhammer 40k. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:10 am
Hmm, I like some dice system games, mostly d10 ... and it depends on the world alot too for pen/paper games ... video is fun if you're taking turns with someone (cause I tend to die alot) so I'm gonna say pen/paper I think as my most favorite at the moment...  

Hydrogen Nebula

DainTrinity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:03 pm
I prefer no stats, semi-literate +1 (not quite literate but you know, not semi-literate either) roleplaying. Typically I can't use stats in RPs since I feel inhibited, but for some reason D&D works well with me.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:30 pm
I prefer just enough stats to gauge your character's current limits and abilities, and keep track of the possessions and such.

Like having a general medical record, full resume, and inventory + account on hand. All the stuff you'd want to keep track of yourself in real life.

Can you run that 400 meter dash. Roll (math function whatever equals your running ability) aaaand not today. You make it, but walking is going to be a chore for an hour... no you cannot pick up your back-pack. Yes you can pull out the water bottle.

A lot of systems try to do things like this. White Wolf, Call of Cthulhu, and D6 were all great attempts, but they tend to be a little deficient in one area or another based upon the game creator's knowledge. Call of Cthulhu 6th edition represented the absolute best refinement of their system, and referenced things they admit they did wrong in older systems. It covers everything more or less realistically. I am still on the fence about it's percentile system's checks because I like the idea of the GM deciding more conditions. But their sanity system is marvelous.

Class and Level systems... really depends on the game. Most, i do not like. A few I have liked. AD&D 2nd edition was great for me. 3rd... not so much. And a lot of MMOs, terrible, character class is nothing more than deciding what character animation and particle effect will accompany your grinding for the next 60 hours. It's all the same... I feel they are what have given RPGs with dice a bad name.

...and that's my rant.  

LilianGreene

Role Playing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces