Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Macintosh: The Computer of Douglas Adams Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Radical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:39 pm
I was just wondering who here besides myself uses Mac? I switched to mac about a year and a half ago because it was the kind of computer Douglas Adams used. And because I needed a good reason not to be able to do school work at home.

Ex: Teacher: I want everyone to work on their drafts tonight and hand them to me tomarrow.

Me: I can't, I have a Mac, its not compatible.

Works like a charm.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:14 pm
But... I needs my PC! gonk You can't right-click on a Mac!  

Clockwork Sun

Daska

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:56 pm
A Mac? eek  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:13 am
As much as Master Adams loved his Macs, I can't stand using them. I just can't get anything done on a Mac. I'm so used to how I do things on my own PC that when I try to use a Mac, I get confused.
And like SunGazing said. You can't right-click on a Mac, and I just gotta right-click.  

Tinnumir

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:08 am
I love Macs. Ctrl+click (or is it something else? I haven't used one in ages) works just fine for me. I always get computer envy when I see someone using one. However, I get computer envy nearly every time I see someone using a computer because mine is seven years old and can't even handle Windows XP. (Don't even ask about my laptop... not even Word works on it... at least not most of the time.)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:24 am
Still through a Mac? eek

Yay this is my 42 post!

Daska

Super Radical

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:35 am
Its ctrl + click for right clicking, honestly people. sweatdrop

I love my Mac, it is so much more futuristic than those giant bulky black and blue PC's. I can't stand using PC's, when I have to use them I can feel the skin on my scalp move slightly.

Anyway, you don't really need to right click on a Mac. Its very highly over rated 3nodding .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:25 am
Last year my school got a huge donation of Macs, so we use them in a lot of classes (mostly art classes). They confused the heck out of me at first, but now I'm starting to like them. I'm still rather attatched to my outdated bulkey beige PC though.  

Lupe_Oceana

Achates

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:58 am
Don't ask our company's Stratetic-IT-Officer, about replacing Windows with LINUX.

He will start singing the Song of Songs and some weeks later you'll find a high-gloss-flysheet-ad from Microsoft in our company's internal-newspaper.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:23 am
I've used a Mac at college for editing on FCP. But I'll stick to my PC for everything else.

Another tip for right clicking is to get a 2 button mouse. blaugh  

williamthebloody1880

Jupiter-X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:23 pm
I have about one use for a pc, and that is to play games. unfortunatly, I have no money and no comp of my own, and since my parents are really weird and wont let me install games on their computers, i'm pretty much down to just sitting around all day. xp well my point is this: you can't play games on a mac. if you can, don't.
Quote:
here's what to do when you want to play games on a mac:
forget it.

and come on, if the only thing you care about when you look at a computer is it's asthetic appeal, you don't deserve a PC.
and besides, who can't say this doesn't have asthetic appeal? pirate
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:07 am
eek Computer envy. Page-stretching computer envy, but computer envy nevertheless.

Nnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyuuuuuuurrrrrrrggggggghhhhh.  

wingnut the improbable

Super Radical

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:06 pm
That computer looks cluttered, it doesn't have the sleek sexy appeal of Macs.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:39 pm
all computers look like that on the inside, it's just that it's got a window so you can see inside. and the raw unbridled power of that thing is enough to turn me on when I turn it on.  

Jupiter-X

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:26 pm
Doubtful Salmon
it doesn't have the sleek sexy appeal of Macs.
True, so true. Macs give me the worst computer envy of all.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games