6,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:11 pm
Um, I'm new and I'd like to see what you guys think of my art 3nodding

[x]
[x]

Oh, by the way, the 2nd one I drew for a friend of mine. It's his old avvie and can be seen on his profile 3nodding

EDIT: Sorry, they open big ! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:49 pm
Aww where are the pics?  

Taimo

AkiraBirtron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:01 pm
How would you like to be evaluated?
I've can be as harsh as you want.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:21 am
Well, for one thing, the eyes are off center, the hair takes some weird twists to the side that it normally wouldn't... Umm... I dont like how you did the face in the first one, not a huge fan of that popular style. As for the body, there is not much detail, but it isn't bad. I can't do anatomy worth a crap, so I cant really say much, but the arms are kinda off.

But the second one is great! It has more than enough detail, and anatomy is pretty good, if you ask me. : )  

Brennan(0.0)

Momo Shimizu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:31 am
Pretty much the only thing I can say is just practice! You're off to a very good start but there's always room for improvement. On the second one, I notice that the hand is well...tiny compared to the rest of the body. Proportions are always tough, but using references may help to minimize that issue. I agree with Brennan that there isn't really enough detail on the first one, but it's good. Just add shading and some more detail and you're good! Pretty much, just look at other people's artwork (that you like of course) and use that as a reference. Look at your friends, how their clothing folds and how shadows fall on their faces in certain lights. Use that to make details more accurate. Other than that, just come up with a style you like. One tends to sort of follow the most popular styles for a while, but I personally think it's better to incorporate them into a style of your very own! I don't know, I hope my advice is alright. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:52 pm
They're cute. There are some things that you could work on. Correct anatomy and line weights, mainly. Great ideas. heart  

Kandieren

aureenc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:46 am
The first one seems like it could use some folds to render how the clothing falls on the figure.

As far as hands go, the index finger seems to be bent improperly on the joint where it is connected to the knuckles. In real life, the index finger would either curve a little bit through the finger joints(which you seem to have a good grasp on) and would be straighter as it is near the knuckles joint.

A rule of thumb for all fingers are that they only flex forward. Backwards, its normally a soft curve, but never a rigid bend. Nonetheless, you seem to be on the right track as far as the general hand poses go. As everyone said, practice, practice, and practice. If you have the time, maybe try posing your hand the same way as the picture and try drawing it. It'll really help a lot.

I look forward to seeing more from you :]  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:08 pm
umm where is the image? eek  

Sie Shee

The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out