Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
The Battle System and your Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Battle System...
  Whats that? o.O?
  It worries me. -_-
  Been waiting for it FOREVER! T_T
  Hadn't really though about it really. o_o
View Results

in_the_rain_dancing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:17 am
I was just wondering, will the Battle Systems arrival effect your Guild in anyway? Do you have any worries about what the Battle System do to your Guild, such as losing members since they'll be to busy playing it? Or have any worries about its effect on Gaia's community in general?

Have any plans to incorporation the Battle System into your Guild? Say, perhaps your Guild will have its own Battle Clans? Have contests with Rings as prizes? Etc?

Just wondering.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:23 am
I actually haven't given anything concerning the Battle system much thought... Mainly because I figure it'll get here when it gets here and until then I haven't found much use in worrying about it.

But I don't think it will affect gaia all that much other than to give n00bs something new to do. Yes, when it first comes out a lot of people will be trying it. But after a while it will probably just go back to normal, with an added game on the side. Gaia wasn't originally made for stuff like that... it's the forums that keep me coming back. And I think that's how it is with a lot of people.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:22 pm
Omg a guild battle clan would be fun hehe blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:27 pm
I agree with Memory.The guilds seem apart from it though,i don't think it will affect are guilds. D:  

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:42 pm

50-500 new battle clan guilds. Noobs and newbs flocking to the GGN for a week or so, unless there are al lot of announcements about it coming soon, then it will start with those announce ments and continue for a bit over a week after the game comes out.

Noobs will, thankfully, leave the forums for the mmorpg.

More newbs and noobs will flock to Gaia, mostly noobs, that should hopefully stay in the game.

General guilds will be stuffed with threads about the game and attempts at makeing groups from the general guilds.
Sad attempt at guild wars while the game is over full of noobs and the servers are crashing.
Those should last a week or two around the release date.

There will be a lull in guild activity the first day, people will realize how over taxed the servers are and wait a week or two.

After a few weeks the non-noob people will causiously trickle in to check it out, and maybe a few weeks later someone will find a way to use cheap shop items as guild uniforms and have PK battles between guilds. May 'wars' will be attempted, a few select guilds will succeed, maybe refocusing thier guild topic to battle wars.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:08 pm
I don't care about the Battle Arena.

Considering Gaia promised us the announcement of its name on the 1st of Jan and we still don't have an answer.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:29 pm
It's something to entertain me while I make gold, so I'll likely do it, I already have 2 crews to run with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:22 pm
Pilotslover
I don't care about the Battle Arena.

Considering Gaia promised us the announcement of its name on the 1st of Jan and we still don't have an answer.

PL
They did promise to Announce it in January, but Qixter said that they need to wait for a legal check of the name to be completed before they announce it, which turned out to take longer then they expected. >u<

And then they still need a proper logo made for the new name too since they plan to add it in with the next update on the Battle Site. User Image

in_the_rain_dancing

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:18 pm
And when it's released it'll go down for like a week due to the servers crashing xd  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games