Hercule Poirot
  Miss Marple
  Inspector Battle
  Tom & Tuppence
  Other (who?)
View Results

Inepta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:46 am
Classical detective story writer I think I can put a thread for her (especially that it is so empty in here), made wonderfull creations, logical plots, and in her books we can see charm of the good old times... So do You know her books? Witch is Your fauvorite?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:30 am
I haven't read that many, but I really liked And Then There Were None. It had a really creative plot and the ending was fairly unpredictable.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Inepta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:10 am
I collected her books since my primary school days, and I'm not sure if I'm thinking of a good book it was one with the children counting-out rhyme and Island, and lot of murderers? That one was really good... I was afraid to sleep at night before I finished this...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:20 pm
And Then There Were None was soooooo cool!!!! I had no idea that it was going to end the way it did!! After my friend read that book she got really into Agatha Christi books and read almost all of them.  

5 to midnight
Crew

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:01 pm
blulife28
And Then There Were None was soooooo cool!!!! I had no idea that it was going to end the way it did!! After my friend read that book she got really into Agatha Christi books and read almost all of them.

Blulife, Agatha Christie wrote 80 detective novels. The girl who you are talking about did not read them all. (Yes I know who she is. In fact, you know I know who she is.) She read about five. Yeah..... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm
penandpaper67
blulife28

Blulife, Agatha Christie wrote 80 detective novels. The girl who you are talking about did not read them all. (Yes I know who she is. In fact, you know I know who she is.) She read about five. Yeah..... stare

eek Well how was I supposed to know she wrote so much!!! I have only read And then there were none!! Well the point is she read more of Christi's books than I did.  

5 to midnight
Crew

Inepta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:54 pm
And she was writing also as Mary Westmacott - it's about eight novels under this name whee ... Most of them are great... Whn I'll be at old house I'll check the english titles of my fauvorite ones and put them in here - some of them are as suprising as And Then There Were None...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm
I prefer Tommy and Tuppence over Poirot because they had some good comic relief, and there were two of them so they had more room for mistake. I felt Poirot seemed cheesy because he was so amazingly intelligent. Idk, I guess just my personal opinion. xp  

Coolgab1219

Inepta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 pm
I've just read "By the Prickling of My Thumbs" for the second time (this year) smile ...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:07 pm
Agatha Christie is my favorite author ever!! whee Today I just finished The A.B.C. Murders, and the day before yesterday I finished Curtain I loved it!  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:40 pm
Her name sounds familiar... Can someone link me to a list of her bibliography? Because I might have seen a book by her at the Barnes & Noble or something...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:49 am
Has anyone read Third Girl? I finished it yesterday and found it quite unsatisfactory......  

RamuNemu the Curry Pan

Ligeia Von Grimm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:42 pm
Judge Lawrence Wargrave from ...And Then There Were None may not be a detective, but he is a mastermind and deserves credit for the meticulous research he made on everyone.. I just love psychos  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm
I love her books....I think I read about 5 of them....(as in I fully read the whole thing without stopping halfway then returning the book....) sweatdrop

I haven't read
And There Where None.

But I have read, part of the A.B.C. Murders...I did read the whole Book of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Murder on the Orient Express (by the way, This is a good book!) I also kind of seen the movie to that as well, but it didn't keep to the book sad There was another book she made that I read as well, but I don't remember the name of it...

I also when I was in high school, I read a few light novels of her's as well...but for some reason I can't find them anywhere in the library, which is kind of sad because that book was also the reason why I wanted to start writing in the first place =/ but the book I have now that I'm about to read is...

*drum roll*

Evil Under the Sun! xd

I'll tell you how it ends later... or not xd
xd  

Asashi85

Angelic Detective

13,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Friendly 100

Asashi85

Angelic Detective

13,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm
Asashi85
I love her books....I think I read about 5 of them....(as in I fully read the whole thing without stopping halfway then returning the book....) sweatdrop

I haven't read
And There Where None.

But I have read, part of the A.B.C. Murders...I did read the whole Book of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Murder on the Orient Express (by the way, This is a good book!) I also kind of seen the movie to that as well, but it didn't keep to the book sad There was another book she made that I read as well, but I don't remember the name of it...

I also when I was in high school, I read a few light novels of her's as well...but for some reason I can't find them anywhere in the library, which is kind of sad because that book was also the reason why I wanted to start writing in the first place =/ but the book I have now that I'm about to read is...

*drum roll*

Evil Under the Sun! xd

I'll tell you how it ends later... or not xd
xd

Ok, I read it and the ending surprised me! O.O I thought it was someone else totally! I don't want to ruin the book for anyone. But, well, I guess wrong....way wrong....I'm going to read another one of her books! XD

Mystery

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff